Dryden Medical Marijuana Dispensary Raided Twice More By Lapeer County Sheriff's

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/09/dryden_medical_marijuana_dispe.html

Dryden medical marijuana dispensary raided twice more by Lapeer County Sheriff's Office, Metamora location also searched

LAPEER COUNTY, Michigan — The Dryden marijuana dispensary that was raided by Lapeer County Sheriff's officers Aug. 31 has been raided twice more in the past week, said Lapeer County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Parks.

Search warrants were executed on the dispensary on Wednesday and Thursday because the location was operating as it had been before the initial raid, Parks said.

Police say the dispensary is breaking the law by selling more marijuana than is acceptable by state law.

Police confiscated more marijuana in the Wednesday raid, then came back Thursday to obtain records.

They also discovered a Metamora growing operation that was also raided, where police confiscated 270 marijuana plants, Parks said.

The Metamora location was an unmarked two-story spot located at 4155 S. Oak Street, Parks said.

Parks said files have not been sent over to the prosecutor's office yet, but he plans to send information that way this week.

No one was arrested in the raids and no one has been charged.

"We did a series of search warrants," Parks said. "We didn't arrest anybody. Nobody's facing charges."

Parks said searches will continue if the operations keep operating at the same capacity they have been.

He says about 100 people visit the Dryden dispensary daily.

State law says medical marijuana caregivers can have up to five patients at a time, and doesn't say anything about patient-to-patient sales.

Guest Marywanna

OMG,Metamora too??? Can't they just leave us alone? Worst thing that could happen in both those tiny towns is somebodys bull getting out and running thru town. I can't believe this crap. And this is what your tax money is going for................MW

Pathetic...He said "searches will continue if the operations keep operating at the same capacity they have been.

He says about 100 people visit the Dryden dispensary daily."

So they are basing their raids on the fact that PATIENTS NEED MEDS?!?! This wont stand up in court how can it?!?!? They basically just admitted right there that they don't care about the patients WHO HAVE THE MAJORITY OF THE RIGHTS HERE!!! Pathetic abuses of power over and over!

The United States of America is a Positive Law based legal system. This means that in order for something to be ILLEGAL it must be SPECIFICALLY prohibited. That the MMMA does not address Patient to Patient (other than stating that ANYONE who assists a patient in using cannabis by growing or obtaining is PROTECTED FROM ARREST) or Private Collective (which is what these so-called dispensaries really are) operations is proof that the Police in Oakland County and Lapeer County are ignoring the rule of law upon which this country is founded. This is Civics 101 and any public official who does not know that the US is a Positive Law based system should be immediately removed for incompetence. Bouchard and the corrupt lying cowardly swine behind these raids are nothing but TRAITORS

I hope the readers at Mlive can understand this

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/09/dryden_medical_marijuana_dispe.html

Dryden medical marijuana dispensary raided twice more by Lapeer County Sheriff's Office, Metamora location also searched

LAPEER COUNTY, Michigan — The Dryden marijuana dispensary that was raided by Lapeer County Sheriff's officers Aug. 31 has been raided twice more in the past week, said Lapeer County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Parks.

Search warrants were executed on the dispensary on Wednesday and Thursday because the location was operating as it had been before the initial raid, Parks said.

Police say the dispensary is breaking the law by selling more marijuana than is acceptable by state law.

Police confiscated more marijuana in the Wednesday raid, then came back Thursday to obtain records.

They also discovered a Metamora growing operation that was also raided, where police confiscated 270 marijuana plants, Parks said.

The Metamora location was an unmarked two-story spot located at 4155 S. Oak Street, Parks said.

Parks said files have not been sent over to the prosecutor's office yet, but he plans to send information that way this week.

No one was arrested in the raids and no one has been charged.

"We did a series of search warrants," Parks said. "We didn't arrest anybody. Nobody's facing charges."

Parks said searches will continue if the operations keep operating at the same capacity they have been.

He says about 100 people visit the Dryden dispensary daily.

State law says medical marijuana caregivers can have up to five patients at a time, and doesn't say anything about patient-to-patient sales.

i really hate how they do a count on people coming into our building ....tons of people just come up for information on how to get the Medical Card, asking us questions, they aren't all our patients

i really hate how they do a count on people coming into our building ....tons of people just come up for information on how to get the Medical Card, asking us questions, they aren't all our patients

I will be praying for you all, and especially for the patients involved. Glad to read that you guys are doing a bunch of educational work as well.

Whether there are any arrests going on or not, I think this is more about the numbers game. By this I mean, racking up big numbers of raids and busts, so they can claim that crimes related to marijuana are on the rise since the MMMA passed. It will be the rally call when they try to go back to the draconian police state that doesn't recognize this miraculous medicine.

With the fiscal disaster Michigan is in, this is the last thing I want my tax dollars being wasted on. What ever happened to "protect and serve"?

It still exists, just the target of the protect and serve has changed. It is now about protecting their jobs, and serving themselves...

I am not going to say that about all LEOs, there are still some great ones out there, it is just the bad ones garner a lot more attention.

So you know -

Cops arrest people based on general interpetations of the law. It is not their job to interpet the details of the law - it is the job of the court system. All those raided, and not charged - can have charges placed on them up to a year after the raid, if the court system decides to persue the case. The raids are the process the system is taking to investigate the MMMP.

Many cops are under the impression only caregivers dispense medical marijuana, so keep pointing them back to the definition of "medical use" under the MMMAct.

(e) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-333-26423

Thats how you 'can' have 100 patients visiting the dispensary, its a patient serving patients.

-DN

So you know -

Cops arrest people based on general interpetations of the law. It is not their job to interpet the details of the law - it is the job of the court system. All those raided, and not charged - can have charges placed on them up to a year after the raid, if the court system decides to persue the case. The raids are the process the system is taking to investigate the MMMP.

Hi soundless.

There is one problem with what you have posted here.

That being government officials are supposed to go to jail when they break some parts of our law.

So they ARE responsible to understand it. Responsible to the point of going to jail if they ignore it.

So you know -

Cops arrest people based on general interpetations of the law. It is not their job to interpet the details of the law - it is the job of the court system.

So then by this logic we should arrest all car drivers because they may have been doing something illegal. Just arrest everyone and let the courts sort it all out?

So then by this logic we should arrest all car drivers because they may have been doing something illegal. Just arrest everyone and let the courts sort it all out?

Hit the nail on the head with that comparison. In LEO's eyes, you were probably doing 56 in a 55 zone, so you broke the law. Now we take you to jail and seize your car.

"You were only doing 53? Well we will still take your car, we have to error on the safe side, it is our job to enforce the law".

But sir, I need my car, I will lose my job, my house, my kids, my spouse, respect of my neighbors, respect of community, my college funding, federal aid, everything I have.

"You should of though about that before you bought a car speedy McSpeedster"

Buttttt I was only doing 53.

"How do I know you did not just slow down from 56, Let the courts figure it out"

But then it will be too late, my life as I know it will be gone.

Hi soundless.

There is one problem with what you have posted here.

That being government officials are supposed to go to jail when they break some parts of our law.

So they ARE responsible to understand it. Responsible to the point of going to jail if they ignore it.

Two words, study it -

"Qualified immunity"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_immunity

" Qualified immunity shields government officials from liability for the violation of an individual's federal constitutional rights. This grant of immunity is available to state or federal employees performing discretionary functions where their actions, even if later found to be unlawful, did not violate "clearly established law."

- as for that comment about arresting car drivers - huh?

-DN

Two words, study it -

"Qualified immunity"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_immunity

" Qualified immunity shields government officials from liability for the violation of an individual's federal constitutional rights. This grant of immunity is available to state or federal employees performing discretionary functions where their actions, even if later found to be unlawful, did not violate "clearly established law."

- as for that comment about arresting car drivers - huh?

-DN

OK .. federal rights .. got it. So it is impossible for a police officer to go to jail for violating someones federal civil rights? I think more than a few have gone to jail.

I'm talking about state law. The people of Michigan voted to put governmental officials in jail.

So many officials have been ignoring this aspect of our new law. It may prove that this federal stuff does indeed apply. But that is a defense for a trial. Not a blank check to ignore the voters.

Oh WOW!!

A government agent's liability in a federal civil rights lawsuit now no longer turns upon whether the defendant acted with "malice," but on whether a hypothetical reasonable person in the defendant's position would have known that his actions violated clearly established law.

Insane!! The federal court system has now defined ignorance of the law as an excuse for government people.

So police can use ignorance but civilians can not.

There is very clear language in our law about the records of patients and caregivers.

There were very clear violations of this law.

The purpose of these violations is to deprive patients of their medicine. An action that is prohibited under our new law.

A crime being committed for the purpose of breaking the law again.

A crime being committed to further the cause of inflicting more harm on more people.

Are you trying to claim that thee are protected actions by police? I think not.

It seems to me they are trying to find people over the 100 plant Fed involvement limit. They are strong arming places with enough cash to help buy them new equipment. I haven't heard much about the people having their stuff smashed or took with no arrests getting their cash back or compensation for smashed goods, damage to property, punitive damages, loss of meds or loss of genetics! If no arrests come from this, isn't it harassment? More and more people are getting raided with no charges. Need a good class action lawyer to sue the state, counties, and cities that are turning on it's on citizens.

I think they figured out they don't even have to work hard for these raids. I remember when they used to have to do fly overs, stake out places, do paperwork, walk out in the woods and cornfields to get their quotas. Now it's as easy as to read the paper to plot where they will go next not to mention as long as there are no arrests they don't have half the paper work or man hours to fill. Something for nothing Eh?

On a side note, I'm praying daily for Joe's court case. I hope it solves some work related issues even if in the long run Wal-Mart doesn't cave under the pressure!

Archived