Seeds In Meds

Bisharoo

Educate me, pheno?

Phenotype. Most strains contain a couple of phenotypes, and will favor one genetic trait more than another. In other words, you could have 3 seeds from a strain and it is possible that one will be tall and bushy, the other short and bushy, and the third right in between but with a sweet pungent smell...

I guess that is the easiest way to explain it, at least from my understanding.

Guest Medicinal Patient

Having a seed in your meds every now and then isn't so bad then? I had 3 seeds in a strain a month ago (in an 8th) and was told that the caregiver wasn't growing properly by having seeds in the meds. Was I lied to? I absolutely HATE liars. It was told to me in part to attempt to get me to switch caregivers. I don't have much knowledge on this and am unfamiliar with growing quality medical grade meds.

Having a seed in your meds every now and then isn't so bad then? I had 3 seeds in a strain a month ago (in an 8th) and was told that the caregiver wasn't growing properly by having seeds in the meds. Was I lied to? I absolutely HATE liars. It was told to me in part to attempt to get me to switch caregivers. I don't have much knowledge on this and am unfamiliar with growing quality medical grade meds.

It is possible that whoever grew the meds simply had one of his girls hermie and didn't notice until it was too late and a bit of pollen made it to one of the female plant parts... not necessarily something that was not being done "properly", could have been just a slight oversight, it just takes one banana to pop without notice.

I have a strain that hermied in conventional pots, but seems to have no problem in air pots. I have a lot of seeds from it and from other plants it pollinated that I will be keeping for a rainy day. I am betting they will be all female and will not hermie in good conditions, just like their mom.

alot of folks use fem seeds. if one of there feminized plants hermied and pollinated the other feminized plants, they will be genetic hermies.

I bought some sour diesel that had seeds in it. I was actually pretty happy b/c I wanted to start some sour d for a while now. The only prob I see with seeds in meds is that the more seeds you have per bud, the less meds you get per bag/ounce. I would say that 3 seeds in an 8er isn't that bad. I got like 25 to 35 in 2 grams of that sour diesel and that was getting a little carried away.

Archived