Caregivers Using?

tooldini

I was thinking of something the other day about caregivers. It is assumed that caregivers are using the meds so why don't many people that what to be patients but have not been to DR's enough or could not afford to go to DR for there ailments become caregivers. The state does not test you for use so whats the difference caregiver/patient. I mean you can get in trouble with your job if you a patient. Just a thought I had the other day.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sub4me

CG using, usually equals drug addict or drug dealer.

All a person needs is a Patient to assign them as a CG and thier in business.

See anything wrong with this system??

on the contrary.............. due to the newness of the laws and the demand for medication................................................

a new caregiver almost HAS TO BE A PATIENT in order to grow for him/herself and and some extra meds on-hand to medicate new patients. new patients do not want to wait. if you are not a patient, how can you have meds ready for your first patient as soon as the cards arrive?

Exactly, which is why we need to do away with this CG thing. Its not PATIENT oriented.

which is exactly why nearly all caregivers are patients/users as well

and that solves the mystery of your original post in this thread :)

i see problems with your logic, yes.

Exactly, which is why we need to do away with this CG thing. Its not PATIENT oriented.

if you were 75 years old and was stricken with cancer. would you/could you take a shot at growing your own meds?

or would you rather take a chance on my meds that are ready to go, cured properly, and ready to knock your pain out????

Guest sub4me

if you were 75 years old and was stricken with cancer. would you/could you take a shot at growing your own meds?

or would you rather take a chance on my meds that are ready to go, cured properly, and ready to knock your pain out????

Your right and as I patient I understand what your saying. However the case is most of us patients that actually need these meds can't get what we need because of these CGs who basically run the system. MOST Patients can't afford to be ripped off by the greedy CGs and I suggest most patients who really need this medicine go without cause of price set by these so called CGs. Most seniors, sick patients, and people in need can't afford three hundered an ounce. So who do you think is paying for that patients in need or dudes that got their card??

Think I'm crazy?? Take a look on the web for CGs advertising. Do these look like compassionate CGs?? I think alot of them look like drug dealers, cause they probably are.

Hi welcome back to the discussions. I see you are back to bad mouthing CGs again. That's cool as it is your opinion.

Some of us caregivers that aren't patients yet, see lots of things wrong with what you are suggesting.

I am neither a drug addict or drug dealer. If I had the cash to pay for my registration and certification I would easily qualify as a patient, from injuries I obtained while serving this wonderful country of ours. For the record, I have finally sampled a few of the different strains that my patient uses, I do not want to take the toxic opiates that the doctors have prescribed (4 10apap vicodin a day, and a handful of flexerils). I haven't taken any of those in around 2 months, thanks to a toke or 2 a day of medical marijuana.

I make no money being a caregiver, and don't plan on doing so. Yet, you have us all pegged as greedy pricks. I wouldn't mind being able to cover the basic bills in the future, but that is something that may or may not happen down the road. For now, my only concern is making sure those I care for have the medications they need, as they don't deserve to suffer.

I will always be a patients first person.

BTW, weren't you suggesting that Dispensaries were a better alternative in another thread?

I'm a caregiver who also needs meds for chronic pain. Now I did not really need to get a patient card but I have one coming any day. My reasons was not because I was concerned about not being able to prove AD in court if necessary. But I know my boss. If I got caught without a card it is likely I would be fired. With a card and his ex police officer mentality would think it was 100% OK. He knows about my condition and once him and his kids came out and shoveled my driveway when I was laid up. How great a boss is that? Even with that I feel safe with the card in hand.

Guest sub4me

Some of us caregivers that aren't patients yet, see lots of things wrong with what you are suggesting.

I am neither a drug addict or drug dealer.For the record, I have finally sampled a few of the different strains that my patient uses

So your using (you said sampled) the meds you grow for your Patients?? Thats just great and proves my point.

Why do cops have to go after patients and caregivers when there are rapists, murderers, robbers, arsonists, and many others perpetrating real crime against real human beings? Why do cops hate individual human rights so much?

I would not have a c.g who has not used mm!

How is a c.g that dont smoke it gonna know how good it is? or be able to aquire the rite products for their patient?

I realy dont think people that sell weed are drug dealers!

pharmacys are drug dealers! so are peeps who sell heroin,or their own scripts and dr.s, and cocaine and heroin dealers!

why is a weed seller a drug dealer?

I do agreee there are c.g's who take advantage of patients and are in it for the wrong reasons, dont use them.

if you are able and a patient grow mm and be a compasionate c.g!

Only we can fix this lil prob, be a compasionate c.g yourself, if you are worried about overages than make sure you give some away!

dont talk the talk unless your willing to walk the walk!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I would never get meds from a non-using caregiver.

I would not have a c.g who has not used mm!

as a patient, i appreciate your opinions................. and i feel the same way...........

BUT............

i can attest to the fact that there are MANY horticultural professionals that are looking to add MMJ next to their tomatoes for some extra cash flow.

these folks are pros. they grow for a living. yeah they may need a hand to cultivate cannabis........ but some of these people have systems i could only dream of.... and an endless bankroll.

these people are not patients. they will not be testing their own stuff. their business is purely medical. a doctor does not eat morphine pills before prescribing them.

im not implying anything.............. just saying.................

as a patient, i appreciate your opinions................. and i feel the same way...........

BUT............

i can attest to the fact that there are MANY horticultural professionals that are looking to add MMJ next to their tomatoes for some extra cash flow.

these folks are pros. they grow for a living. yeah they may need a hand to cultivate cannabis........ but some of these people have systems i could only dream of.... and an endless bankroll.

these people are not patients. they will not be testing their own stuff. their business is purely medical. a doctor does not eat morphine pills before prescribing them.

I have known people who dont use weed, who sold it, they were the ones that made a good profit, (because they didnt use it up)

and I have known dr.s who used the very same narcotics they were writing for me, In fact years ago one dr. would have me go fill my prescription in his buildings pharmacy and go back and give him some for his services.

there are good and bad people in all walks of life!

Isnt it great to be alive, and live in a free country!

Peace

FTW

Jim

BUT............

IMO, those folks are only going to grow if they're going to make oodles of money, but I welcome the competition!

You don't make oodles of money being a compassionate caregiver. If you go by 2.5 oz every two weeks and $100 an ounce profit, one CG who isn't a patient her/himself can make (after expenses and before taxes, of course) about $32,500.

26 deliveries x 5 patients x $250 profit/delivery = $32,500

After taxes you're looking at a decent second income, but nothing spectacular, especially considering how much work, experience, and accumulated knowledge it takes to consistently produce 325 ounces of high quality medicine a year. Now, if you were profiting $2-300 an ounce, THEN you'd be talking some real money and you'd also be talking about a drug dealer at worst and a bad caregiver at best.

The only way you'll see it become more attractive (IMO) for professional horticulturists is if patients and CG's can sell overages to dispensaries at a premium like they do in other states. I wouldn't consider it a bad thing, necessarily, because the people who can afford the dispensary stuff make it easier for me to give more away to those that can't.

I don't think these pros will be giving away medicine to people in need, do you?

im sorry, are you trying to begin an argument? i always like to ask before i engage in one :) it makes me feel better when i win.

Not really, more of a friendly discussion. :)

I'm just saying that pros have more profitable crops because they can grow unlimited quantities of them and have plenty of demand, and it's not really that attractive a proposition for them until profit potential improves. I don't doubt many have considered it, especially after some news articles were published about a certain cannabis learning institution promising people high five and even six figure incomes for caregivers. I think those estimates are wildly optimistic and completely laughable.

I like how the law set it up, though. It keeps things small, decentralized, person to person, and much harder for the feds to disrupt. I do find fault in it that there is no specific mechanism for people who can't grow and don't have/want a caregiver to get medicine, but I'm confident we'll all find a way to do that eventually.

No comfort for patients who need it now, I know, but I'm specifically addressing the academic points. I wish there were 24 hr dispensaries every 15 miles, tragically it's pretty evident LE isn't going to let that happen.

As usual, this is just my opinion. Whether it's informed or not, I'll let others decide. :horse:

So do any of you know of people that have became a caregiver so they could use with out the doctor recommendations? I hope to be a caregiver also someday but will of course not be crazy on the prices. I will of course want my electric bill to be covered and hopefully have some left over :)

kudos to you and your input.

very proper.

Thanks! And thanks to you for being a dedicated mod and member!

So do any of you know of people that have became a caregiver so they could use with out the doctor recommendations? I hope to be a caregiver also someday but will of course not be crazy on the prices. I will of course want my electric bill to be covered and hopefully have some left over :)

I don't really think it's wise to openly admit to such a thing, just for the sake of our collective image if nothing else.

:)

Guest sub4me

So do any of you know of people that have became a caregiver so they could use with out the doctor recommendations?

Yes there is a CG on here who does NOT have a Patient card but admits to using(sampling)the meds he grows. You see its a trick. They become a CG because alot of guys can't get a Patient card, they tell you stories like they can't afford it even though low income people can pay the $25 fee instead of the $100 fee, they will say they can't find a doctor, yeah right, or they will say I don't use the meds that belong to my Patients, Im just sampling the meds, Please get real. You found a way the grow and sell MM are now making profit and using your Patients meds for your own enjoyment.

I got some news for you CGs despite what you may think, those plants DO NOT belong to you they belong to the PATIENT and the PATIENT has the right to see the plants, to watch what your doing, and to be sure the PATIENTS plants aren

t being sold to someone else. If your CG won't even let you see YOUR PLANTS then dump that CG chances are your meds are going elsewhere and not to you.

Yes there is a CG on here who does NOT have a Patient card but admits to using(sampling)the meds he grows. You see its a trick. They become a CG because alot of guys can't get a Patient card, they tell you stories like they can't afford it even though low income people can pay the $25 fee instead of the $100 fee, they will say they can't find a doctor, yeah right, or they will say I don't use the meds that belong to my Patients, Im just sampling the meds, Please get real. You found a way the grow and sell MM are now making profit and using your Patients meds for your own enjoyment.

I got some news for you CGs despite what you may think, those plants DO NOT belong to you they belong to the PATIENT and the PATIENT has the right to see the plants, to watch what your doing, and to be sure the PATIENTS plants aren

t being sold to someone else. If your CG won't even let you see YOUR PLANTS then dump that CG chances are your meds are going elsewhere and not to you.

FYI unless you purchased the clones or seeds for that caregiver to grow for you they are not your plants!!!! They belong to the caregiver as they put out the money for them not you, they are charging you for a finished Medical Grade product!!! If you want to take your so called plants with you when you drop that caregiver you should still be charged for the time and expense that went into them. You are one of those jerks that got a card and thought you hit the Weed Lotto and were going to get Butt kicking weed for $180.00 aren't you? I am a patient/Caregiver and I would never have someone like you as a Patient. When you were on regular drugs from the big Chemical Company did you ever ask them to inspect their operation.....NO YOU DIDN'T and why because untill you purchase that product IT'S NOT YOURS.... but you don't understand that do you? Try to get a grip on yourself and quit dogging the caregivers and just grow for yourself so you can see what it takes.

Archived