New Numbers From Mdch

# 65,816 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.

# 35,802 patient registrations issued.

# The number of caregivers will be posted as soon as an accurate number can be obtained.

# 7,938 applications denied -- most due to incomplete application or missing documentation.

Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received mid-July.

We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your application was submitted prior to the end of June.

i guess it's not slowing down i remember back in Jan 09 it was going to be 50,000 cards in two years looks like that was right

and they are still 3 months behind so that being said i guess we should start the renewal going

should we go back to see the same Doc that has gave us 2 cards already? this will be are 3rd card

hehe, Bob. Why not use the same doctor, it would further cement the fact that it is a "bona-fide" relationship, and he has gone through much of this with ya'll. Changing docs mid-stream may not be advisable, and might suggest to the PA that there was a reason for changing.... Know what I mean?

The good news is that renewals seem to be going smoothly, in terms of time.

We are well on our way to a very large medical cannabis community in Michigan. Bob is correct, the MMMA predicted 50,000 patients within 2 years and if the MDCH could process applications faster, we may have 60,000+!

Stay safe, stay discrete.

anyone know why its been impossible for them to post the caregiver numbers? don't they have a card also?

wheres the problem with the assimilation and broadcast of this info?

is it a secret?

It could be a matter of trying to keep that information quiet, or it could be a matter of trying to figure out the actual number (minus change of cg forms)...

It could be a matter of trying to keep that information quiet, or it could be a matter of trying to figure out the actual number (minus change of cg forms)...

We know a patient who has changed her CG's seven times in the past six months. Those are the types of things that slow the pace.

We know a patient who has changed her CG's seven times in the past six months. Those are the types of things that slow the pace.

Thats why patients should take their time finding a caregiver. Buy meds a couple times from several different caregivers, make sure their quality is up to par and consistant

They're so dumb they are prolly trying to figure out how to report a caregiver with more than 1 patient, if they should count only caregivers no matter the number of patients or number of patients with caregivers.

I hear a lot about people renewing early due to the backlog..

I have one main concern with this:

The state approves or denies your initial application within 21 days of receiving the application. The date they approve you is what date goes onto your card when they finally get around to printing it.

So if you renew early, won't the state just date it the same way and you lose out on those months that they are backlogged? I plan to renew 1 month before expiration - giving them more than the 20 days to deny or approve and getting my full year out of the card.

Anyone that renewed early and found that they got jacked for a couple of months? Or does the state only add a year to your current expiration date?

# 65,816 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.

# 35,802 patient registrations issued.

# The number of caregivers will be posted as soon as an accurate number can be obtained.

# 7,938 applications denied -- most due to incomplete application or missing documentation.

Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received mid-July.

We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your application was submitted prior to the end of June.

So, I got my renewal in three weeks! Just a few weeks ago!But waiting on cards on some of my patients now 2-3 months! Sheesh.

Archived