How Much From Your Caregiver?

question?whats the norm? one free per harvest or one free per month,i have a friend who got tied up with a group in holland who promised a free oz,3 months ago,now say meds won't be avail.until Feb,if he wants meds.now $15.00 /gr...wants me to be his CG...i was thinking about it..thanks...zzb

can you have a caregiver and your own plants? or is it one or the other?

-anyways bump-tater

yes, you may be a patient, and have assigned a caregiver, but have the plants growing at your house.

some patients are physically too ill to actually do the "hands-on" part of the growing, but they still wish to have their plants close :)

"bad guy here" with an opinion and I act on it. $450 zip, delivered free within Detroit. It's all I do, sell to med card holders only. I think if you have $120K on hand, to hand to a private atty (or a family member private atty who works for free) or you have a get out of prosecution notarized letter from the atty general and the governor and the chief of the DEA, then you better be happy depending on a court-appointed atty who has more cases than he can handle.

Otherwise, be a Boy Scout and be prepared to pay for the best defense money can buy. And by the way I think we saw an example of such a defense motion and pleading on this site posted within the last two days. How many ounces did that cost? And how many more ounces are needed to take it through trial and to the Supreme Court? Be financially prepared to take it to the Supreme Court, where ever you get the money. But--if it is from this business, charge enuf to be financially responsible for your own defense.

It seems that there are some caregivers who are circumventing the system, by having a patient sign up. They then give the patient a free ounce or two, but then sell the balance of the crop to others or dispensaries. It would seem that the patient records would have to be doctored up to stay legal. Any thoughts?

I think the whole point of the caregiver system is that people are allowed to grow for those who can not and to receive compensation for their costs. If a caregiver is offering such a powerful incentive and not being compensated by their patient, the only explanation I can think of is that they are selling it some place else just as you suggest. I don't think any doctoring is needed though. You just get a guy with a mild condition who doesn't even smoke that much. Or I guess if your patient sold the rest for you it would be a great deal for you to give him a free zip.

I for one am all about fair competition but I just can't think of any way of covering up the stench of a free zip deal. I'd be afraid to take part in it.

Thats exactly what I do....1 free per month $250/after that....Sour Diesel, Northern Lights or , now, OG Kush

Is the free zip strain of choice? Any other conditions? Do they have to take a certain amount? In other words, if a patient just wanted the free zip and nothing more would you be cool with that? If he just needed the free zip, I assume you would only grow enough to provide the free zip right? Or, do you give the overages to other patients?

i totally understand............... but:

one must also take into consideration that there was nothing written in the laws concerning dispensaries or patient-to-patient transfers ect.

not every patient can grow for themselves.

not every disabled patient who cannot grow for themself knows somebody to grow for them.

an 80yr old cancer patient who has never touched a computer in their life. what do they do? they cant get on MMMA2.0 and meet up with a caregiver. thats a privilege you have that some do not.

these people need to get their meds anyway possible.

overages from compassion clubs. dispensaries.

and as those come under more intense scrutiny, it has turned more to patient - to- patient transfers for these people.

some cannot physically make it to the compassion club/dispensary..... some do not want to be seen in one.

these people deserve their meds though right? we agree on that?

where do you suppose it comes from??

where do you suppose it SHOULD come from???

we can't expect the state of michigan to mail them their meds every week.

Is the free zip strain of choice? Any other conditions? Do they have to take a certain amount? In other words, if a patient just wanted the free zip and nothing more would you be cool with that? If he just needed the free zip, I assume you would only grow enough to provide the free zip right? Or, do you give the overages to other patients?

Lol I love these people. One day they'll say "its all about compassion, you shouldnt be charging anything!" then now they say stuff like this "its shady to give away weed". You must be one of the 30% undecided voters or.... :unsure:

I think the whole point of the caregiver system is that people are allowed to grow for those who can not and to receive compensation for their costs. If a caregiver is offering such a powerful incentive and not being compensated by their patient, the only explanation I can think of is that they are selling it some place else just as you suggest. I don't think any doctoring is needed though. You just get a guy with a mild condition who doesn't even smoke that much. Or I guess if your patient sold the rest for you it would be a great deal for you to give him a free zip.

I for one am all about fair competition but I just can't think of any way of covering up the stench of a free zip deal. I'd be afraid to take part in it.

this was what I meant to reply to

question?whats the norm? one free per harvest or one free per month,i have a friend who got tied up with a group in holland who promised a free oz,3 months ago,now say meds won't be avail.until Feb,if he wants meds.now $15.00 /gr...wants me to be his CG...i was thinking about it..thanks...zzb

zip lets pretend your mine for a week or 2! seriously pm me!

Peace

FTW

Jim

"bad guy here" with an opinion and I act on it. $450 zip, delivered free within Detroit. It's all I do, sell to med card holders only. I think if you have $120K on hand, to hand to a private atty (or a family member private atty who works for free) or you have a get out of prosecution notarized letter from the atty general and the governor and the chief of the DEA, then you better be happy depending on a court-appointed atty who has more cases than he can handle.

Otherwise, be a Boy Scout and be prepared to pay for the best defense money can buy. And by the way I think we saw an example of such a defense motion and pleading on this site posted within the last two days. How many ounces did that cost? And how many more ounces are needed to take it through trial and to the Supreme Court? Be financially prepared to take it to the Supreme Court, where ever you get the money. But--if it is from this business, charge enuf to be financially responsible for your own defense.

hey if you got pt's or legal people to pay that much! have at it! I realy dont think its your fault! Its the peoples fault that pay that much especialy in detroit, Im 47 been smoking weed since i was 9 yrs old, you dont have good enough weed to charge that much to me, I would get a qp of brick before id pay that, so more power to you., I dont realy blame the people who charge that much, I blame the people who pay that much, in my life time your prices will go down! or you wont have any customers, or you will have to going back to selling drugs!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I do see what you mean. I have spent about 15 grand on my grow rooms so far and I'd love to get a bit back on an ROI. I can agree with you though! As long as my patients are legal card holders, then I see your point about whatever they do with it after that would be their business. I have also heard of these co-ops where patients get their Care Givers Cards and then they double and triple and fourple their size of the the grow rooms. I don't know how they get around the 99 plants under one roof Federal stipulation. I'm happy to keep my crop at the legal limit, though you don't make a ton of money that way. I once saw a Bud Tender that had 6 large duffle bags full of Medical Marijuana buds. I don't want to be at any meeting that he's at with that kind of quantity. Legal or not! Zeke

re phaquetoo your comment "prices will be coming down." You are right, anytime you want to see what will happen next in Michigan look at the route taken in CA and this fall prices in lots of CA places for a zip are under $130, about $70 in city of Oakland. Of course, CA sent med pot in 1996 so there's a bit of time yet to roll before MI reaches their point, and years to unwind before we vote to legalize pot as CA will do next month, like right about 12 years before MI hosts a legalize referendum. So about 10 years before prices crash.

I once saw a Bud Tender that had 6 large duffle bags full of Medical Marijuana buds. I don't want to be at any meeting that he's at with that kind of quantity.

With my overages I'm making a drivable cargo VAN that I can head to Mexico in. And yes it will have 8 track tape player sound system.

im a pt and cg. did the free oz per month and guess what. my patient never had to give me 1 dollar. the point is i never came close to making ANY MONEY for even expanding my grow. it all came out of my pocket for a year plus. if you are anxious to take on a pt and give away 1 zip per month you are very compassionate. some cgs want to get legal real bad and offer all kinds of deals to sign the first patient. but now its been a couple years and even if your legal leo will still bust you or harass you if they cross your path. high risk low reward even being legal. im just taking care of my immediate faily from now on.

so. if you are GETTING you 1 oz of dank headies in your hand every month, you are doing very well.

Archived