Bluemoonshine (Dj Short)

gardenlover

interested in seeds? or clones  

44 members have voted

1. 1. would you interested in growing these genetics?

• no my cup of tea
    • I would like a clone
    • I would like seeds

I have been doing grow reports on IC but this seems like a better place to post as most people around here have access to the same genetics, so here is the beginning of my start here.

A little background on the strain straight from legends site-

"Blue Moonshine

PRICE: $175 CAD

The “Blue” version of the “White” family (White Widow, etc). A super potent blueberry Indica, coated with a strong concentration of tall standing trichomes. Produces a very narcotic experience - body high blueberry. Short, stout kush plants that produce dense, tight, rock hard nuggets of trichome coated bud. A true “hash plant”.

Grow Location: Indoor

Flowering: 7 - 8 weeks

Yield: Above Average "

I believe the blue moonshine is an F4 and his the old time moonshine is a f5 of blue moonshine, so if you know of old time moonshine then there should be many similarities.

This #3 plant was grown from an authentic pack of DJ Short Blue Moonshine seeds. I have done about three grows now and feel I have firm understanding of this plant.

To get a bit more wight out of this plant you may want to veg a bit longer than usual, I like to give my girls 3-4 weeks before initiating bloom as there is almost no stretch. These girls like to go a bit light on the feeding as well, they will let you know as soon as you have done something like overfeeding. The plant is a vary dark green and transitions into a good bit of dark purple hues later in bloom. The leaves will turn almost black in cooler outdoor conditions. She is a bit susceptible to powdery mildew but is surprisingly resistant to bud rot for how tight her bloom is. As far as i can tell she has medium to good resistance to bugs as I have had no problems with this. I like to keep the temps a bit lower to bring out a bit more color and I think she responds a bit better to this as well.

I I know I am forgetting some grow info but I will add it as it pops into my head.

This plant has a awesome musky/berry smell, leaning more towards the musky side. The bud are compact and rock hard, also making this plant a joy to trim. The colors at the top of the plant can almost turn black and have a rainbow of color in between making this the most gorgeous pant I have grown to date. I would almost grow this just because of the colors, but thankfully it also has a great taste and affect. The taste is hash mixed with berries, vanilla and nuts.

The high is probably the best part of this plant. The high is defiantly a evening high, with a smooth onset of pain relieving and relaxing qualities. After a few hits I soon realize I have a grin from ear to ear and my body it totally relaxed and comfortable. This herb usually puts me into a excellent state of mind letting me forgive and forget the inconsequential problems of my life. The great thing about this girl is she can either help motivate you or help you sleep depending on your needs. I can and often do work after smoking this girl but she really shines if you are having trouble sleeping. Without actually making you sleepy she will help ease your chaotic mind into a state of zen.

gallery_14616_391_123075.jpg

gallery_14616_391_201935.jpg

gallery_14616_391_167629.jpg

gallery_14616_391_108498.jpg

gallery_14616_391_214247.jpg

Thanks cannastyle, I finally figured out how to upload thanks to B.G.

I tried to capture the white leaf variegation on the second and fourth shot and am happy to see it turned out good. It makes this plant that much more beautiful in my opinion. some leaves will turn into this swirl of white and purple that looks like something you would see in a candy store.

Thanks for the feedback. I forgot to mention that The one smaller darker one was grown outdoors with more fertilizer. The larger plant was grown indoors and feed up to day 30 then stopped. I have noticed when I feed it, it will start to turns to the darker color fairly fast. I will post more pics in a couple weeks to show the colors that can be had if feed adequately feed.

Has anyone Grown Out DJ's Old TIme Moonshine here?

Cannastyle

Where and when was the last time you smoked this strain. The reason I ask is because it is not around much anymore). I am wondering if you are friends with one of my patients? From your experience smoking this strain, would you say the description of the high is an accurate?

I would really like to get my hands on one of DJ's Old time moonshine cuts to grow them out side by side to see how pronounced the differences are between DJ's f4 and f5. It amazes me how DJ was able to select two rare enough plants in the 4 generation to create such a difference in the two.

garden-Last time I smoked this strain was about a year...year and a half ago. The meds were coming out of Ohio at that time, a dude that was running all kinds of strains. He had some great OG too.

Your description was spot on. Mine looked similar to yours, just not nearly as trichome covered. So it must of been the grower or the pheno. darn nice smoke though. Great flavor and it really chills ya out.

gallery_14616_391_123075.jpg

gallery_14616_391_201935.jpg

gallery_14616_391_167629.jpg

gallery_14616_391_108498.jpg

gallery_14616_391_214247.jpg

Vey nice!

I Am currently flowering a DJ shorts blueberry a friend gifted me he had finished one up and i was lucky enough to smoke some of the finished meds whoa this stuff smells like blueberry pie and resins up like a stick of tar very solid strain I'm very interested in acquiring some of DJ shorts beans to add to my seed bank. :thumbsu:

• 1 month later...

She needs a really good veg to put out some decent numbers. I tend to cram plants in my room so there is no light hitting the floor so my yield suffers from doing this but on a short veg and soso environmental conditions 1.5 per plant and if I am really good about taking care of her with a nice veg i should get 2.5 on the high side (i usually don't yield past 3 oz per plant on any of my strains give some perspective). She dose not yield an incredible amount but maybe just below average on the yield compared to some of my other plants.

I really appreciate all the kind words!! For those of you who want a cut of this and have not gotten on yet, I am sure you will have a chance soon enough. I have given it to a coupe of different people, and hopeful they will pass is around to others as well.

I am not sure but cannastyle might know if and what dispesories it may travel to. I am not for sure though, so sorry if I misspoke.

I have a few projects going where I used one of the more vigorous bluemoonshine males to pollinate a few others (original hazeXskunk1, Ciinderella 99, and a couple others) I am in testing phase right now but I will post some pics if they turn out to be worthy. So far the BMX(OHXSK1) has a vigor I have not seen before. I have also gifted a few people some BMXC99 beans, so there may be some other people doing some testing as well.

Archived