Outside Grows

Deadwood

I would like to know why all these pepole are selling all this outside grown stuff at clubs. And why pepole even buy it it is less potent. That is why you are paying less for some of it.It is pure garbage it should not be allowed,I have been see in alot of this stuff lately and they want top dollar. pepole need to wake up and quit buying that stuff if you look at it you can tell less crystals and buds are loose and the smell.

I would like to know why all these pepole are selling all this outside grown stuff at clubs. And why pepole even buy it it is less potent. That is why you are paying less for some of it.It is pure garbage it should not be allowed,I have been see in alot of this stuff lately and they want top dollar. pepole need to wake up and quit buying that stuff if you look at it you can tell less crystals and buds are loose and the smell.

understand what you are saying.......... but then i dont :)

since you arent selling, feel free to name prices??

some people like to pick up good mids at decent prices this time of year to make hash. most of us just use our lowers/scrub buds to make hash, but some people ONLY do the hash thing.

others just want "better than mexi for less than PRIMO prices"

but without more info, i guess i'm not saying much :)

im not gonna demand that you buy clorox bleach instead of the wal-mart brand??

I would like to know why all these pepole are selling all this outside grown stuff at clubs. And why pepole even buy it it is less potent.

UVB > no/little UVB

THC

"If the UVB photon is missing from the light stream(a), or the intensity as expressed in µW/cm2 falls below a certain level(b), the phytochemical process will not be completely energized with only UVA photons which are more penetrating but less energetic, and the harvested resin spheres will have mostly precursor compounds and not fully realized THC©.

(a)Examples of an environment where the UVB photon would be missing from the light stream include all indoor cultivation illuminated by HID bulbs and in glass or corrugated fiberglass covered greenhouses. "

Sativasfied, on 30 October 2010 - 09:05 PM, said:

UVB > no/little UVB

THC

I think your thought process ia a little squewed I believe the right genetics grown outside can compete with any indoors unless your talking sativas that dont have time to properly finish in our state then if you force to flower tell completion still can compete. weight wise there isnt a light made that can pack on the weight or density that the sun can Its all genetics I dont care where its grown all I want is killer bud I went to my first dispensary 2 days ago wanted to try there best 30 a gram what a joke 840 a bag and I can tell you my outdoor way out performed this candy kush

Respectfully johndeeremuskies, it is your thought process that is a little skewed. Your argument agrees with me. Perhaps you misquoted and your reply was for the OP.

Either way....

UVB > no/little UVB

"If the UVB photon is missing from the light stream(a), or the intensity as expressed in µW/cm2 falls below a certain level(b), the phytochemical process will not be completely energized with only UVA photons which are more penetrating but less energetic, and the harvested resin spheres will have mostly precursor compounds and not fully realized THC©.

(a)Examples of an environment where the UVB photon would be missing from the light stream include all indoor cultivation illuminated by HID bulbs and in glass or corrugated fiberglass covered greenhouses. "

I too learned long ago of the benefits cannabis receives from our Sun. Old Heads used to just always tell me

"If you want Mary to take you on a trip, she has to have her Sun, without her Sun, neither of you are going far".

Congrats on your harvest, this time of year is my favorite.

You just answered your own question...er ponder.

"I would like to know why all these pepole are selling all this outside grown stuff at clubs."

Because, "...pepole (even) buy it..."

Variety is the spice of life, my friend.

And for those that know the benefits of full sun.

"UVB > no/little UVB" -Sativasfied

Been on the hunt for winter UV-B for a while, perhaps an old decommissioned tanning bed? We'll see...

I will take a good outside grow over an indoor anytime! I know i can grow as good of weed as you and way more per 12 plants and better outdoors! just because people dont let it grow to its full potential is why you are getting loose buds and a bunch of shank. some times in the north it is necisarry to bring your plants in about this time of yr or sooner, but im gonna tell ya if you have a strain that has been outdoors along time you will be surprised at the cold they can take, all you realy need to worry about is frost this time of year, ive been out in the mornings misting my plants this time of yr because of frost! and I couldnt bring them indoors, improper planning and because they were just to darn big, aint that a complain to big lol!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Guest OrganicFarmer

Agreed if outdoor is grown well, genetics, nutes, love, etc..... Wow you can't beat it. Love my indoor but good outdoor like the lemon skunk I'm smoking now. Heavenly!

first off, i totally understand the point. maybee some of you people arent going to the right club, to know what he is talkin about. airy early premature bagseed, with a silly name. and there trying to get indoor prices. and my position which is held by others would be as follows.

well grown indoor > well grown outdoor

bad indoor < well grown outdoor

bad indoor = bad outdoor.

and from what i see people are not buying the bagseed outdoor. but the sellers sit and spew all kinds of bs info about their strain.

An outdoor grow will yeild more, taste better, be as potent and less exspensive to grow than any indoor grow with equal care(Love). Depending on the strain of course.

You cant beat Mother Nature she knows MJ better than we do. MJ isnt indigenous to the basement.

Cracks me up all these newbs spending the big bucks to create an artificial environment. Patients are wising up, they need their meds, they dont want to fund your entire (over invested) operation.

It's not that complicated to figure out, if you don't like the prices, if you think the quality sucks, grow it yourself and grow the best medicine for you. YOU need to take responsibility for your treatment and finding the strain that works for your medical condition. Grow it indoors if that's what you want, grow it outside, grow it in your ear, use 40wt CFL's, or twin 1k HPS, whatever works for YOU, your condition, and your budget. Some strains will not help you, they may even exaggerate or worsen your symptoms. With MM, great genetics and grown myself, it didn't take too long to find what I needed, and learn how to do it within my budget, and get medicine that works for my condition. Do some research, read, ask questions at CC meetings whatever you need to do to find relief. Let's just stay positive here and avoid any counter productivity.

and my position which is held by others would be as follows.

Your position which you say is held by others, I would say so far is not well represented here. Inferred reason because of what I have said above: "UVB > no/little UVB" With the UVB photon missing from the majority of all indoor grows, the phytochemical process will not be completely energized with only UVA photons, the trichome's do not fully develop THC. So yeah that indoor bud may look, smell, taste and smoke like the bomb, but it is lacking what that ratty, wind and rain worn bud has, fully developed THC from UVB, THC that packs psycho-active effects the indoor bud knows nothing about.

So in my experience, when looking to find the plant's potential, and things like appearance, smell and taste come after the mind & body effects, the following has worked very well for me.

well grown outdoors > well grown indoors

poorly grown outdoor > well grown indoors

poorly grown outdoors > poorly grown indoors

and from what i see people are not buying the bagseed outdoor. but the sellers sit and spew all kinds of bs info about their strain.

From what I see people are not buying the indoor bagseed either, and sellers sit and spew all kinds of bs info about their indoor strain.

first off, i totally understand the point. maybee some of you people arent going to the right club, to know what he is talkin about. airy early premature bagseed, with a silly name. and there trying to get indoor prices. and my position which is held by others would be as follows.

you know, I dont have a c.g, I still do biz like always as far as getting my meds! and we dont have funny names for it, I can get some comm weed that will kick most if not all the crap in the dipensarry's or these idiots that just dont know what there doin,,,just like the idiots that stole my out door grow, when the buds were only 2 weeks old! I yanked the rest cause the roots were all intertined and phaq it i couldnt be home to watch it so i yanked it, no punks are gonna smoke my premature weed, if i cant get it to maturity!

now dont get me wrong, I am very knowledgable about WEED! and how to (uh oh) Manufacture it! lol

heck I been looking for at least some ones c.g, I dont want one, I just want to do some biz here and there, and im kinda new to iosco county, but man my local guy got me some stuff called California Kush! lol, realy, got it for 225 a zip, its kickin, got me my new vape, and another on the way! Im loving life! (im pretty sure the cali kush is realy the glennie hill bill grow but it is wicked!)

Peace

FTW

Jim

It was about thirty five years ago that I first heard about the summer drought.

It still exists.

Outdoor growers face the same thing every year.

They see their plants looking good. Prices are up because there is a shortage of herb.

They then have to resist the temptation to harvest just a little early.

Worse is if they wait for a nice mature harvest they increase the risk that their crop will be discovered by police, hunters and rippers.

Police flights increase greatly when the plants are the hardest to hide.

Once the plants get within acceptable age range, the grower is in something of a race.

Once the harvest season starts, there will be a flood of outdoor product in the market.

Prices fall and customers get picker and picker. Trim jobs usually get shortchanged. You have huge plants and trimming takes a long time.

It takes a few weeks for this excess to work it's way out of the marketplace.

When it does the quality moves up along with prices.

Indoor growers would be wise to time a large crop to be harvested near the end of August every year.

Outdoor grows in Michigan stand a good chance of being some of the very best grown anywhere.

Some strains react very well to colder temps in the fall.

To take advantage of those colder temperatures would require waiting until about now for harvest.

The part of this falls harvest that will have the best taste and smells will be being harvested now. Not two weeks ago.

Some people can't afford $20 a gram, so hopefully people price it accordingly. 40% of the weed in the U.S. comes from mexico, and I doubt they are growing it indoors. Someone must like it, don't count me in though lol

I put a few strains outdoors because they were taking so long inside, that it wasn't worth keeping them. I got the hawaiian snow cut last week. It was the most beautiful plant, nothing like the ones I grrew indoors. The cold does affect the color. It was blue and the leaves were a rich burgandy/purple. The super silver haze isn't done yet...it is now 13 feet and 8 feet across. Must have at least 100 buds. Glad I didn't toss it. but I hope it finishes. That plant is 8 months old!

Sunlight with with a finishing touch of potent HPS lights..... Could produce some happy flowers. :rolleyes:

Of all the cities in MI which could make out with a fine quality outdoor legal grow... COULD BE???--- Well, my vote would be Detroit-- MAINLY due to how long they can keep back that frost in MI.... Maybe one day?

:skydive:

It still exists.

They see their plants looking good. Prices are up because there is a shortage of herb.

Worse is if they wait for a nice mature harvest they increase the risk that their crop will be discovered by police, hunters and rippers.

Once the plants get within acceptable age range, the grower is in something of a race.

Once the harvest season starts, there will be a flood of outdoor product in the market.

Prices fall and customers get picker and picker. Trim jobs usually get shortchanged. You have huge plants and trimming takes a long time.

Indoor growers would be wise to time a large crop to be harvested near the end of August every year.

living in the north it is kinda hard to do a true outdoor, and crop in aug, I realy havent had much luck starting indoors and moving out doors, been around along time, clones of alot of dif strains didnt do well for me either, so the only time I realy get those babys to grow like a sunflower is maybe planting a lil before may 30 up here, now I dont realy even like starting the seeds indoors, dont know why but dont have much luck with that either, yea ive been around along time and tried alot of things, but i will never be to old to learn!

Out door grows are the best, I personaly kn0w some folks in our northern neighbor country that grow Northern lites out doors every yr, awsome, im sure they are curing now, soon to be in a town or house near you!

I have seen the major process of a big grow started indoors and moved out doors up there! still I dont have much luck doing the same thing!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Guest OrganicFarmer

It still exists.

Good assessment of the market and how things work PB. I always say if you don't like it don't buy it. I went to a collective in TC just to show some love. Had to laugh my way out the door the meds were so bad. (Outdoor grown, untrimmed stems everywere, and a little bud rot too. uuchhh).

Good topic, Find me at a club and I'll show you some great outdoor!

I've seen some really crystally outdoor stuff this season. Outdoor weed can be pretty good as far as potency and taste and all that, but it never looks as nice as indoor. Why is it that the outdoor stuff is always so much leafy'er?

Good assessment of the market and how things work PB. I always say if you don't like it don't buy it. I went to a collective in TC just to show some love. Had to laugh my way out the door the meds were so bad. (Outdoor grown, untrimmed stems everywere, and a little bud rot too. uuchhh).

Good topic, Find me at a club and I'll show you some great outdoor!

Thanks " OrganicFarmer " for the update ...

I had the pleasure of seeing ,trimming & tasting some of

" OrganicFarmer " Meds ....

His Meds are very Tasty ... :thumbsu:

Looking foward to seeing you at our Meeting the 4th ...

I can't wait till you taste my Bubba Kush ....

We have to continue to improve outdoor grows for michigan - it is a great cost effective way to provide meds to low income patients.

I have experience now with outdoor grows and one thing outdoor grows have over indoor grows - yeild. You have more room and more light, hard to duplicate those same conditions indoors, cheap.

I didn't see much problems in the way of PM or mites for the outdoor crop. You did have a higher chance of LEO detection or ripper theft.

As far as quality - the potentcy is great! While buds might look weathered and not as shiny as indoor buds - I think people are IDIOTS for turning down quality outdoor grown meds. If you are whining about $350 ounces, why did you turn down a $100 ounce of mold-free, pest-free, organic - and even strains you know from indoors? just because it "outdoors"?

Why do outdoor buds have trim on them? Due to the size of the harvest, outdoor growers that don't have machines or safe helpers to trim - so they hang the entire plant. The plant is still medical grade - as it was organic, pest and mold free, and a quality medical strain.

So it's not as pretty, or smells so cool - but it is still medicine.

Learn to perfect outdoor grows, because that is how michigan will provide for low income patients. That is how we will defeat the rising prices of indoor meds.

I'll leave you two great tips for outdoor growing - You don't need full sunlight, use opaque plastic to cover the top of your grow. It not only sheilds the crop from a airborne observation, but keeps rain off the plants. You can also run electric fans in the crop area and not worry about rain short ciruiting the fans. The plastic cover helps preserve some of that indoor quality on the buds - more trichromes intact.

Also, learn to start the 12/12 cycle with a black cover - to simulate harvest before the actual outdoor season ends. You can fit two harvest into one summer.

Don't hate the outdoor bud, thats God's orginal work.

-DN

I've seen some really crystally outdoor stuff this season. Outdoor weed can be pretty good as far as potency and taste and all that, but it never looks as nice as indoor. Why is it that the outdoor stuff is always so much leafy'er?

Bigger plants require a lot more work to trim. And you want to do the trimming quickly. That reduces the potential for bud rot to form.

So you have about the same amount of time to trim either a smaller plant or a larger one.

Archived