Caregiver Is Growing On My Card

JohnQHempseed

I had a caregiver that was messing me over so I changed caregivers, the paperwork is in the mill,. Now I find that my CG is still growing on my card and likely selling it to non patients. I have demanded the card back but refuses to give it back until the paperwork arrives and will no longer take or return calls Is this the way CG's operate?. I no longer want this one CG and have designated another- any assistance would be appreciated as I want my card back from the first CG

Send a notarized letter saying you have a new caregiver and send the letter with return reciet.

Then you are protected to some degree and your old caregiver will get you are serious.

You don't get "your" card back because it is the caregiver's card. There is no reason for you to get it, even though you clearly want it, as it was never yours.

What matters is that the old caregiver's card is invalid and you will have paperwork showing that the caregiver recieved your notarized letter.

Then, if anyone, like the police, look up the number on your old caregiver's card, it will be invalid, but not your problem.

Pretty much after you tell your old caregiver you have a new caregiver, you need to just forget about them and the card and move on.

I would seriously reccomend not doing anything drastic like harrassing him/her or calling the police.

I had a caregiver that was messing me over so I changed caregivers, the paperwork is in the mill,. Now I find that my CG is still growing on my card and likely selling it to non patients. I have demanded the card back but refuses to give it back until the paperwork arrives and will no longer take or return calls Is this the way CG's operate?. I no longer want this one CG and have designated another- any assistance would be appreciated as I want my card back from the first CG

While the new paperwork (aka change forms) are processing they follow the same rules as the initial application, 20 days and it's golden for your new CG.

If the old one is being such a dick... I would send him, MDCH, and possibly the police a registered letter stating that the change has been filed, and that he no longer has the right to cultivate plants for you. That if the card was not returned to you or MDCH within 14 days of being notified (as the MDCH rules require), that you will be filing a formal complaint with the appropriate authorities to notify them of his violation of the law and your rights.

I guess it all depends on how vindictive you are, or how warranted the action against your old caregiver is. At the very least I would send a registered letter to them, keep a copy, plus proof of delivery to cover your own rear.... ;)

While the new paperwork (aka change forms) are processing they follow the same rules as the initial application, 20 days and it's golden for your new CG.

I have an email from MDCH that directly contradicts this, so please be careful with this advice.

If you make a fuss with your old CG and your new CG has no card yet..... but is growing...any volatility in the situation would be disasterous.

As others have suggested, send a certified letter to your old CG. Also, call him on the phone using the # on his application. Leave a message that you are moving on. Shoot a video of this. Send an email to his address (if any) listed on the application. Get a return receipt if you can. Print the email.

If the old one is being such a dick... I would send him, MDCH, and possibly the police a registered letter stating that the change has been filed, and that he no longer has the right to cultivate plants for you. That if the card was not returned to you or MDCH within 14 days of being notified (as the MDCH rules require), that you will be filing a formal complaint with the appropriate authorities to notify them of his violation of the law and your rights.

I guess it all depends on how vindictive you are, or how warranted the action against your old caregiver is. At the very least I would send a registered letter to them, keep a copy, plus proof of delivery to cover your own rear.... ;)

Thank you RevThad! :thumbsu:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Mizerman :)

your card should already be in your pocket,his card is not yours they mailed it to him didnt they?

Thanks Rev. can always count on you for a good answer. Actually I misrepresented my question, It is not for me. I do my own. This is for a member who asked me and I said I'd find out. should have been more clear, however me or the questioner, the answer is valid. I will pass this along to him and see what develops, we really do not want that old CG to profit from this,

Hmmmm, I mean WTF?!?!

Without knowing all the details of the situation you're advising someone to send the cops to kick a door?

This kinda sounds like it very well may be a misunderstanding. The OP talks about "getting his card back".

So right there is already a misunderstanding.

What if the CG in question is a legit operator with other patients. Got the message about the change of CG and moved on.

Crash goes the door, and out the door goes his operation. And his patients meds!

If he's 100% legit he should not have to worry about kicked door, busted equipment, and trashed meds. LOL - in a perfect world - not MI yet.

IMO that's irresponsible, reckless, and damaging advice.

J

20 days after check cashed for c.g transfer he is legaly no longer your c.g, you tell c.g and that is all you are obligated to do, your new c.g is now your c.g after the 20 days,

dont worry about the other c.g, you cant get into any trouble, your all good even if you didnt fill out the forms yet! let it be

he dont have to give you the card or the plants, so dont fret it, if you gave a deposit and didnt get it back, well consider it the skewl of hard knocks and hopefuly learn from this!

Best of luck to ya!

Peace

FTW

Jim

let it go and move on, Dont throw stones in a Glass House!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Thanks for all the responses and advice. After considering all the options, the patient decided to take a do nothing approach. His card has yet to arrive but is past his 21 days, so as far as I'm concerned, him and the new CG are good, the old CG is now operating illegally by waiting for paperwork, which he knows is lagging and is taking advantage of that. All so other allegations exist as to what is being done with the plants but hey, I believe in Karma, what goes around comes around.. In the end all will balance out. Again thanks for the replies

Hmmmm, I mean WTF?!?!

Without knowing all the details of the situation you're advising someone to send the cops to kick a door?

This kinda sounds like it very well may be a misunderstanding. The OP talks about "getting his card back".

So right there is already a misunderstanding.

What if the CG in question is a legit operator with other patients. Got the message about the change of CG and moved on.

Crash goes the door, and out the door goes his operation. And his patients meds!

If he's 100% legit he should not have to worry about kicked door, busted equipment, and trashed meds. LOL - in a perfect world - not MI yet.

IMO that's irresponsible, reckless, and damaging advice.

J

You highlighted one sentence and missed a keyword in what you highlighted... POSSIBLY.

Further, while there may be a delay in getting paperwork moved around, or notifications out; the MDCH states "If you change your caregiver, you will be asked to return your old caregiver card within 14 days."

The old caregiver may have other patients, and should have cards for those, so returning the card to the patient so that it can be sent into MDCH should not be an issue. Refusing to do so raises some interesting red flags, and if the person wishes to act like a criminal, they should be treated like one.

I am not sure if you are familiar with my posts or position on things related to the MMMAct, patients, and caregivers. However, you can ask anybody around these parts, I am very pro patient and caregiver, and fight endlessly against LEO interference with our law. That being said, I am also against anybody giving patients and caregivers a black eye, by abusing the systems flaws (forging paperwork/cards, delays, etc...).

The simple question is, what purpose does a caregiver have for holding on to a caregiver registry id, for a patient that has filed for a change of caregiver? Gaming the 4 month delay in notifications, is far from compassionate, and has other motives that can be assigned to it.

Harsh but true.

As for whether a patient and new cg are covered during the change over, again directly from MDCH:

"Your changes will be made in our computer database and will be put in your file. You will be protected from civil and criminal penalties for these changes."

Just don't worry about what he does that isn't your problem. He could be growin 5000 plants, again not your problem or your business.

Let us say that you asked your CG to grow three (3) plants for you. You later find that he is growing 12 plants in your name. Are those nine plants your concern?

A patient is not required to notify a CG of any changes. Granted it would be morally right to do so. The Act does state that it “MAY” (not will) within 14 days, notify the CG that they have been removed. The MDCH does ask that unexpired, non-valid CG cards be returned (I’ve seen such a letter).

these discharge docs you speak of are myth round here. dont know if the meds are That good or getting them Free has anything to do with it. glad not my prob.

Before i get anymore death threats, let me add...my patients can afford and go to compasion clubs and disp to try new strains because they get thier monthly meds free.

Ok hear it goes.

the old cg me quit helping him out because the pat. was selling meds to people he souldn't also he was makeing money off me. not cool when me the caregiver was helping him with meds at discounted price. I'm not going to put money in his pocket. One of my rules was not to sell it.one day he asked me for 10g's then said wait and he makes a phone call in front of me and says make that 20 g's. you tell me who is wrong. I fired him. I quit selling him meds at that time.

Also as for the plants I never put any plants in the ground under there names. Because this person proved himself not to be trusted case and point.

also there are a few people down here that are mad because I quit helping them out with meds ect. because of there own actions people sell clones to people they shouldn't people coming over 11,12 1am wanting meds and me to go buy them boose because they won't sell to them. should I keep going

If anyone wants to know more feel free to call me...

DreamWarrior67

Send a notarized letter saying you have a new caregiver and send the letter with return reciet.Then you are protected to some degree and your old caregiver will get you are serious. You don't get "your" card back because it is the caregiver's card. There is no reason for you to get it, even though you clearly want it, as it was never yours.What matters is that the old caregiver's card is invalid and you will have paperwork showing that the caregiver recieved your notarized letter.Then, if anyone, like the police, look up the number on your old caregiver's card, it will be invalid, but not your problem.Pretty much after you tell your old caregiver you have a new caregiver, you need to just forget about them and the card and move on. I would seriously reccomend not doing anything drastic like harrassing him/her or calling the police.

Just don't worry about what he does that isn't your problem. Get a new caregiver n move forward. We don't need police getting any more of anyones money than they take already. He could be growin 5000 plants, again not your problem or your business.

What a GREAT forum! Although there are many ways one could approach this, I believe 420grower and 1wheidt said it best. Move on. Quit trippin'. Snitches get stitches! :growl:

Peace

Ok hear it goes.

the old cg me quit helping him out because the pat. was selling meds to people he souldn't also he was makeing money off me. not cool when me the caregiver was helping him with meds at discounted price. I'm not going to put money in his pocket. One of my rules was not to sell it.one day he asked me for 10g's then said wait and he makes a phone call in front of me and says make that 20 g's. you tell me who is wrong. I fired him. I quit selling him meds at that time.

Also as for the plants I never put any plants in the ground under there names. Because this person proved himself not to be trusted case and point.

also there are a few people down here that are mad because I quit helping them out with meds ect. because of there own actions people sell clones to people they shouldn't people coming over 11,12 1am wanting meds and me to go buy them boose because they won't sell to them. should I keep going

If anyone wants to know more feel free to call me...

DreamWarrior67

Seems like there's always another side to these stories. I'm glad you piped up and said something. Hopefully the folks who recommended snitching will remember this thread next time it comes up.

Archived