How Tall Do Plants Get During Veg?

Les

Planning out new space. . . just wondering?

How tall, on average, do plants get. . . particularly during the last week of veg?

I'm aware of the differences between sativas and indicas. . . just looking for input to use in my grow room plannning.

Thanks so much.

Like Tarzan says, you can have them as tall or as short as you want providing you have the time. Some people veg them for a month, some take a clone once the root ball has developed and through it straight into flower. It's all about how much time you have, how many plants your talking, and if your going the perpetual route or not. Personally, I veg my well rooted clones for a month to six weeks depending on how they are doing. (Lots of growing is just knowing your plants and being able to read them, "How you doing ladies?" lol Mine finished plants are never more than a foot and a half tall, but most of that is because I tie them down, letting more light hit more bud sites, works like a charm.

yea i like to veg a lil longer, the more you veg the bushier the plant gets, so if you got time an space let them get good and healthy, once you get your first grow or 2 under you, you will know how long to veg! some dont veg at all! straight to bloom, sea of grean!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Like Tarzan says, you can have them as tall or as short as you want providing you have the time. Some people veg them for a month, some take a clone once the root ball has developed and through it straight into flower. It's all about how much time you have, how many plants your talking, and if your going the perpetual route or not. Personally, I veg my well rooted clones for a month to six weeks depending on how they are doing. (Lots of growing is just knowing your plants and being able to read them, "How you doing ladies?" lol Mine finished plants are never more than a foot and a half tall, but most of that is because I tie them down, letting more light hit more bud sites, works like a charm.

"How you doing ladies?"My Girls would get pissy fast!! If i didnt Sweet Talk them daily Just like the real thing?? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Once my clones and seeds grow to 12 inches they go into the bloom box because they usually stretch another 2-3 feet during flower. :blink:

what strain do you run where hey stretch so much???? that amount of stretch is not normal...are you topping?? your lights might be to far away/not strong enough or it might be to humid, if its not strain specific....

I would flip out my girls tripled in size during flower....and I would just shake my head at all the wasted undergrowth....

Kingdiamond, on 05 November 2010 - 11:05 PM, said:

Once my clones and seeds grow to 12 inches they go into the bloom box because they usually stretch another 2-3 feet during flower. :blink:

I am with Kingdiamond on this one.

I let AK48 go to 15” to 16” they will usually stretch another 2feet during flower.

I let Blue Dream go to 12” they will end up 48” to 52” time after time.

And yes I do top them. I use FIM & with 2 plants per cooler I will get 12 to 15 tops per 2 plants.

Bubbles & Vita Grow A- B & C dry mix under 500 wats HPS

My veg light is 1000 wats MH

Humid runs @ 35% to 40%

what strain do you run where hey stretch so much???? that amount of stretch is not normal...are you topping?? your lights might be to far away/not strong enough or it might be to humid, if its not strain specific....

I would flip out my girls tripled in size during flower....and I would just shake my head at all the wasted undergrowth....

I run a 1000 watt hortilux eye bulb in the Big kahuna hood the free Leonard was one strain that gave me wicked stretch actually forcing me to drop the floor of my bloom box an extra foot. The kahuna hood is huge and actually attached directly to the inline fan so its not able to be adjusted i do my best to accommodate my ladies by placing them on risers to bring them closer to the light.

Archived