Quotes To Live By

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What sets worlds in motion is the interplay of differences, their attractions and repulsions." --Octavio Paz

"Fear is pain arising from evil" --Aristotle

"Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.--Plato

As to marriage or celibacy, let a man take which course he will, he will be sure to repent.--Socrates

"What sets worlds in motion is the interplay of differences, their attractions and repulsions." --Octavio Paz

"Fear is pain arising from evil" --Aristotle

"Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.--Plato

As to marriage or celibacy, let a man take which course he will, he will be sure to repent.--Socrates

Lets try and stay on topic with quotes only :D good thread.

“Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." Steve Jobs

"You can fool all the people all the time if the advertising budget is big enough."

Ed Rollins

"Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes."

Buddha

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Abraham Lincoln

"We're playing with half a deck as long as we tolerate that the cardinals of government and science should dictate where human curiousity can legitimately send its attention and where it can not. It's an essentially preposterous situation. It is essentially a civil rights issue, because what we're talking about here is the repression of a religious sensibility. In fact, not a religious sensibility, the religious sensibility. Not built on some con game spun out by eunichs, but based on the symbiotic relationship that was in place for our species for fifty thousand years before the advent of history, writing, priestcraft and propaganda. So it's a clarion call to recover a birthright."--Terence Mckenna

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who finds his way by moonlight and sees dawn before the rest of the world." Oscar Wilde

"There is in this world no such force as the force of a man determined to rise." W.E.B. DuBois

"I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for truth- and truth rewarded me" Simone de Beauvoir

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." Carl Jung

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." Kahlil Gibran

"There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction." Salvador Dali

"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." Frank Lloyd Wright

I could go all day.....I very much enjoy allowing the ideas of other people to float around in my head for a moment. Great thread Michael!

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it" - Morpheus

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

..........Albert Einstein

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."

..........Ben Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac, 1758

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

..........Carl Sagan

Archived