It's Over ! We Won

peanutbutter

Ya know.. a while back I posted a conspiracy theory about how MM will only move through government once the big Pharms have a market to use, and they will indeed push it one that market is viable. I got a lot of looks, but not one comment.

Looks like this is happening now...

In a way, it's good, a big step in cannabis. Not just Cannabis S, but I and R as well. :)

In a way it's bad, cuz the money weasels are working it :(

Say that again!?

Sorry.. but I'm a born 'Skeptic'... somebody's been playing with 'web pages' again... GOTTA be!

And if it IS true ALL the dispensaries in ALL of the MMJ states will now have to 'conform' to specific 'pharmaceutical' standards.

BUT... I suppose that IF 'patients' are still allowed to have a 'care taker' OR to grow 'their own' might just turn out to be a GOOD thing.

But... somehow I just can't get myself to trust them... not paranoid just D*MNED cautious.

The only law should be there shall be no laws prohibiting Cannabis sativa in any way. Screw it - make it a constitutional amendment.

Mighty... with all due respect... 'dream on' for that one.

If ANY changes in the Federal cannabis laws come about... WE will have to demand them through our reps that we send to Wash and/or Lansing.

OR just continue to 'vote' them into law at the 'state' level and wait for the 'movement' to be SO large that the Feds will have to see sense.

My 1/2 penny's worth.

Mighty... with all due respect... 'dream on' for that one.

If ANY changes in the Federal cannabis laws come about... WE will have to demand them through our reps that we send to Wash and/or Lansing.

OR just continue to 'vote' them into law at the 'state' level and wait for the 'movement' to be SO large that the Feds will have to see sense.

My 1/2 penny's worth.

We don't need any new laws, constitutional amendments, or anything new. Our elected and non-elected officials just need to live up to their oaths to uphold and defend the US Constitution, which spells out how that we assert our individual human rights, and limits the power of the government to prevent us from any choice we would wish to make (as long as we do not harm others).

No voting is supposed to be able to take away your individual human rights since they cannot be voted away or in to a society, you already have them because you exist. We are not supposed to have to ask a king or gang or thog or dictator or government official for permission to do anything, period.

Dreaming? Perhaps, but we could accomplish this if more people would join in the movement towards freedom and away from oppression and tyranny!

We don't need any new laws, constitutional amendments, or anything new. Our elected and non-elected officials just need to live up to their oaths to uphold and defend the US Constitution, which spells out how that we assert our individual human rights, and limits the power of the government to prevent us from any choice we would wish to make (as long as we do not harm others).

No voting is supposed to be able to take away your individual human rights since they cannot be voted away or in to a society, you already have them because you exist. We are not supposed to have to ask a king or gang or thog or dictator or government official for permission to do anything, period.

Dreaming? Perhaps, but we could accomplish this if more people would join in the movement towards freedom and away from oppression and tyranny!

I agree, Bish... but you know what they say... 'crap' in one hand and 'wish' in the other, etc'

Even if big pharm does get involved in MMJ I won't be buying there garbage. I'll have to make my operation stealthy and take it under ground. Sorry but some of the Michigan grown meds that I have had since receiving my card have been some of the best smoke that I have ever had and I will not be replacing them with any pharm meds.

So where does this put Michigan's Controlled Substances Act? It said something along the line about that it won't interfere with State or local Laws... how does that work? I be confused.

Yes this article SCREAMS BIG PHARMA manipulation, who else is to profit from the rescheduling? Certainly not I or You... I cannot grow enough smoke to feed the nation ( I would love to try though ).

This article also parallels the recent DoJ and DEA stories about finding different ways of testing those who drive under the influence... mouth swabs.

So if BIG PHARMA is going to make this generic THC Bioequivalent where are they going to source the plants? Canada? Mexico? Seized evidence from raids (not likely)?

Which insurance companies are jumping on board with this? ( I think it was Aetna or Aflac that said it would allow a patient who uses MJ to receive transplants to continue coverage... they might be aboard ).

Will Medicaid and Medicare cover those in need with the new cheaper THC?

Should I call my Rep and ask them to jump on board and vote a big fat yes?

I am getting dizzy... gonna take a med and some back later. Definitely gonna keep this article on Watch.

Perhaps a little context would help here.

In the 1990s I filed a petition to reschedule marijuana because it was the source of a Schedule II controlled substance, just like opium poppies and coca leaves. The DEA responded by saying Marinol was made synthetically. This just eliminates that argument. Now, marijuana actually will be the source of a Schedule III controlled substance. My petition was denied in the 1990s and denied by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1997. Marinol was moved to Schedule III in 1999.

Maybe I’m the only one that feels like this is a big deal, but, to me, it is a big deal. It further erodes the arguments they have used against me in the past so that I can resume using the arguments I was making back then.

Carl Olsen

130 E. Aurora Ave.

Des Moines, IA 50313-3654

515-288-5798 home phone

515-343-9933 cell phone

So if BIG PHARMA is going to make this generic THC Bioequivalent where are they going to source the plants? Canada? Mexico? Seized evidence from raids (not likely)?

They don't make it from plants. Marinol is derived from fungus found growing on fresh graves.

(New Internet Rumor!! Email this to 3000 of your closest friends!!!)

Guest Happy Guy

They don't make it from plants. Marinol is derived from fungus found growing on fresh graves.(New Internet Rumor!! Email this to 3000 of your closest friends!!!)

Big pharma has cannabis drugs made from plants. Many different varieties already locked and loaded, waiting for reschedule.

Archived