Dr. Greenthumb Iranian G13 Strain/smoke Report

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally would like to see comments from people who dont run trial grow journals for him, especially after a recent price high.

You have seen comments from people not doing trial grows for him. My Chemdawg #4 was not a trial for him, nor was Kings Bubba journal, nor have any of Dr.Grubers pictures or threads have been trial runs for Doc. He is just appreciative of some of the experienced growers here, and has given a few of them freebies for the work they have put into the journals they have done on their own, and in turn they are journaling the freebies sent them because of their success with his prior strains they have bought.

There is no ulterior motive here, I can assure you. If more people would journal other breeders work they would probably get their own room in this forum also.

You have seen comments from people not doing trial grows for him. My Chemdawg #4 was not a trial for him, nor was Kings Bubba journal, nor have any of Dr.Grubers pictures or threads have been trial runs for Doc. He is just appreciative of some of the experienced growers here, and has given a few of them freebies for the work they have put into the journals they have done on their own, and in turn they are journaling the freebies sent them because of their success with his prior strains they have bought.

There is no ulterior motive here, I can assure you. If more people would journal other breeders work they would probably get their own room in this forum also.

I can definitely understand the mutual benefit. Im fairly new to the site and have made purchases to seed companies before, it just seems like his strains dominate the grow journals. Dont get me wrong, the info on ALL of them are much appreciated, I have read all of them. I would just like to see other experiences also, but there are a journal or 2 of other breeders spread around the site.

His website has caught my eye for a while, but so has other breeders. Im just hoping the competition between breeders give us, the consumer, a better product at the best price.

I personally would like to see comments from people who dont run trial grow journals for him, especially after a recent price high. I was very interested in purchasing a few strains from him but the recent price hike and lowering of the amount of beans turned me off. I havent had the pleasure of knowingly smoking any of his medicine but I do have 2 iranian g13's in the garden. If everything works out like I hope, then he will definitely have my business.

Ive grown out endless sky and iranian chemdawg. all seeds popped and preformed as advertised. i take endless sky 9 to 10 weeks though to get the full mind numbing effect. i love people who trip over a $30 seed thats going to give them a pound of pot that could panic a casual smoker and would costem $3000 to buy.

peace Te Lilman

Guest finallyfree09

ticks me right off.... had a coletrain from reserva privada in the room with my ig13. the coletrain hermed out on me. now.... i have seeds in my ig13. i don't see many and they are all in the very tip of the buds. i had another plant that i harvested 3 weeks ago that was exposed to the freak coletrain... it had a few seeds in it too.

i just hope my ig13 isn't a hermie... it got exposed to some pretty low temps... 51 degrees.

Ive grown out endless sky and iranian chemdawg. all seeds popped and preformed as advertised. i take endless sky 9 to 10 weeks though to get the full mind numbing effect. i love people who trip over a $30 seed thats going to give them a pound of pot that could panic a casual smoker and would costem $3000 to buy.

peace Te Lilman

In no way am I trying to dog on the docs genetics. I like unbias opinions is all, and as porcupine has stated, there are a few grow journals on the site that were independently ran by the grower. I was just curious as the why all of a sudden several new doc journals pop up at the same time he has a price hike. In no way, shape or form am I trying to rip the doc. Like I said, I have his iranian g13 and if the proof is in the pudding, he defeinitely will have my business.

Maybe its just a regional thing. Since our state is so close to the doc I would guess the doc's genetics are more popular in Michigan. Theres at least 5 strains of the docs Im interested in, but Im also interested in many of TGA subcools sativa strains like vortex, jack the ripper, and the third dimension, I will be ordering beans fairly soon. Im just exploring all my options

medium strech, about doubled in bloom. nice open plant, lets the light in to lower branches. nice close nodes. tight flowers

Exactly right, you might get a little more stretch depending on the variables (Blackman's Law), but overall double seems just about right. If you stake her all the way around so she can't open up so much like a lot of people do, myself included, to save space in the room, and for extra support, then you will benefit from multi-harvesting her by taking off the main cola's and letting the rest of the plant have access to light, you will easily pull an extra ounce or more of tight bud that would have been loose and used for making concentrates. I also FIM'd mine and I must have got it just right, as she ended up with something like 12 different cola's from one cut, all being smaller than one big single main one, but yielded more than the single cola plants I have run. I have not run her outdoors, so I can't comment on that aspect. I have noticed if you don't top her then she is much more open as LongHairBri stated.

If any of you are not familiar with Blackman's Law of limiting factors, please study up on it. It is one of the most important things you can learn above and beyond the basics of Botany and gardening.

In no way am I trying to dog on the docs genetics. I like unbias opinions is all, and as porcupine has stated, there are a few grow journals on the site that were independently ran by the grower. I was just curious as the why all of a sudden several new doc journals pop up at the same time he has a price hike. In no way, shape or form am I trying to rip the doc. Like I said, I have his iranian g13 and if the proof is in the pudding, he defeinitely will have my business.

Maybe its just a regional thing. Since our state is so close to the doc I would guess the doc's genetics are more popular in Michigan. Theres at least 5 strains of the docs Im interested in, but Im also interested in many of TGA subcools sativa strains like vortex, jack the ripper, and the third dimension, I will be ordering beans fairly soon. Im just exploring all my options

I sounded a bit like an A$$ there with the $30 seed comment, sorry about that. I guess if youve never grown his genetics how would u know for sure. Spend the 150 and buy the OG iranian or chemdawg iranian i think thats the best deal around. Im chronic and i use the iranian chemdawg as my "treat" weed. Its the best high ever for me its ALMOST a functioning body stone with a "ya man life is great" head high and this weed will make u giggle tuff guy or not. If my wife has a hit she's rubbing up against me like a cat in heat when the high settles in...maybe Ive said to much....

Peace Te Lilman

well Ive topped them at 6 nodes, gonna use the bottom 2 branches as clones and let the other 4 nodes branch out. Ive grown a few of the docs strains this way and it works good for me. I have one that shot out 2 regular side by side branches then they started alternating like a mature plant. I wonder if this is the runt people talk about and i wonder if the runt would be a 1/4 pound outdoor plant ready in august. Any thoughts ?

Peace Te Lilman

I sounded a bit like an A$$ there with the $30 seed comment, sorry about that. I guess if youve never grown his genetics how would u know for sure. Spend the 150 and buy the OG iranian or chemdawg iranian i think thats the best deal around. Im chronic and i use the iranian chemdawg as my "treat" weed. Its the best high ever for me its ALMOST a functioning body stone with a "ya man life is great" head high and this weed will make u giggle tuff guy or not. If my wife has a hit she's rubbing up against me like a cat in heat when the high settles in...maybe Ive said to much....

Peace Te Lilman

I haven't tried either yet, but I hear the Iranian OG is fire. The Iranian Chem sure sounds interesting, thanks for the description, I have not heard much on that one yet. You haven't said too much, LOL! That is good info to know. Doc said the pure G-13 is good for what you said too much also! Sex, Sex, Sex, Sex(and more SEX!)!!!!!

well Ive topped them at 6 nodes, gonna use the bottom 2 branches as clones and let the other 4 nodes branch out. Ive grown a few of the docs strains this way and it works good for me. I have one that shot out 2 regular side by side branches then they started alternating like a mature plant. I wonder if this is the runt people talk about and i wonder if the runt would be a 1/4 pound outdoor plant ready in august. Any thoughts ?

Peace Te Lilman

"The Runt" is a pheno of Endless Sky, but I suppose it would be possible, as "The Runt" is supposed to be closest to the original Iranian that is in the make up of Endless Sky from what I have heard in various forums. I have never asked Doc though. Doc has several different Iranians I believe. I would think that you could easily pull a quarter pound off of The Runt outdoors. When I had "The Runt" years back, that is exactly how mine developed early on, two nodes only, then the mature growth pattern. I hope you got "The Runt" as she was FIRE! She didn't yield much indoors though. The finishing time indoors generally takes longer than is stated on his website, especially if any of Blackman's variables are less than ideal. I usually pull mine at 60 days indoors.

Have you grown the Iranian G13 outdoors yet Lilman, or anybody else here?

I have not grown any of the ig13 outside. Im doing a few now to try to find two moms for the summer..sounds like the runt will be one of them..its the only one i didnt top for fear it would be short. I loose 90% to rippers and leo..Im hoping an august finish will help. Porc thanx for the info its very helpful bud !! I see the doc is saying you can get over 2 pounds per plant from seed..I find it hard to believe but he hasnt been wrong yet so im going to try 5 from seeds and some more from clones outside this year.

Peace Te Lilman

I have not grown any of the ig13 outside. Im doing a few now to try to find two moms for the summer..sounds like the runt will be one of them..its the only one i didnt top for fear it would be short. I loose 90% to rippers and leo..Im hoping an august finish will help. Porc thanx for the info its very helpful bud !! I see the doc is saying you can get over 2 pounds per plant from seed..I find it hard to believe but he hasnt been wrong yet so im going to try 5 from seeds and some more from clones outside this year.

Peace Te Lilman

The two pounds would be with a perfect summer, and growing conditions. I don't think a person should expect that much in a normal Michigan summer, but you are correct, I haven't been disappointed by any yields of his strains as of yet, but like I said, I don't do it outdoors for the exact reasons you mention. I have been disappointed too many times through the years from rippers!

I sounded a bit like an A$ there with the $30 seed comment, sorry about that. I guess if youve never grown his genetics how would u know for sure. Spend the 150 and buy the OG iranian or chemdawg iranian i think thats the best deal around. Im chronic and i use the iranian chemdawg as my "treat" weed. Its the best high ever for me its ALMOST a functioning body stone with a "ya man life is great" head high and this weed will make u giggle tuff guy or not. If my wife has a hit she's rubbing up against me like a cat in heat when the high settles in...maybe Ive said to much....

Peace Te Lilman

No need to apologize, just a discussion. I wasnt offended by anything anyone said. I do have the doc's iranian g13 and I am excited about it. I just topped both and they are getting very bushy. The quality of all the grow journals speak for themselves.

If his genetics have that kind of effect then he definitely will have all of my business! I have a 14 month old running around the house. I need all the help in that department I can get.

Any decent grower should be able to pull 1-3 pounds off the Iranian G13 outdoors in Michigan with a halfway decent summer, but in raised beds and with really good gardening skills more is definately possible and growers in more favourable conditions and excellent gardening skills should be ableto get far more. Our outdoor numbers ( 1-3 pounds) have already been acheived in Ontario.

Any decent grower should be able to pull 1-3 pounds off the Iranian G13 outdoors in Michigan with a halfway decent summer, but in raised beds and with really good gardening skills more is definately possible and growers in more favourable conditions and excellent gardening skills should be ableto get far more. Our outdoor numbers ( 1-3 pounds) have already been acheived in Ontario.

whats the average yeild from the iranian chemdawg and iranian og? indoor and outside i cant find any info on these

Thank you for the raised bed information.

That looks like another football sized Top! Amazing!!!

I know Im dragging this thread off topic a bit here..But has any body ever grown outdoors in a raise bed ? I seem to recall the doc mentioning chicken manure in the mix to help raise the soil temp a little. Any raised bed info would be great..besides the obvious lol.

Peace Te Lilman

I know Im dragging this thread off topic a bit here..But has any body ever grown outdoors in a raise bed ? I seem to recall the doc mentioning chicken manure in the mix to help raise the soil temp a little. Any raised bed info would be great..besides the obvious lol.

Peace Te Lilman

I don't know much about it, but have seen it used successfully on another forum. There is a lot of info if you Google raised bed gardening.

I personally would like to see comments from people who dont run trial grow journals for him, especially after a recent price high. I was very interested in purchasing a few strains from him but the recent price hike and lowering of the amount of beans turned me off. I havent had the pleasure of knowingly smoking any of his medicine but I do have 2 iranian g13's in the garden. If everything works out like I hope, then he will definitely have my business.

I tried a sample of I-G13 and liked it, so I grew one from a clone. Not very impressed so far, but I won't make a sweeping statement when it is only one plant.

All I can say is that it is flowering with a Pineapple Xpress, a Hindu Kush, 2 Cannatonics and a couple others, but it is the smallest and least vigorous of them all and does not look like it will produce much. But if it is a good finished product, I don't care much if it only makes an oz. or so.

I will try it a couple more times to see if this was just a fluke thing. I would have no problem paying $20 per seed for a good product, but it would have to be a little better than this one or I would feel like it wasn't worth it. But Like I said, just ONE plant, so far.

Archived