Dr. Greenthumb Iranian G13 Strain/smoke Report

After a nice month's cure.....

STRAIN INFORMATION: Iranian G13

Breeder: Dr. Greenthumb

Lineage if known: N/A

Vendor: Dr. Greenthumb

Price: $150.00 USD for 10(you get a 11th seed free)

Type (sativa/indica ratio): Indica

Females tested: 5 fem seeds

Variation: None, other than one runt

Indoor flower period: 45-55 days

Outdoor harvest time: N/A

Plant Size/Structure: Stout, wonderful structure.

<9> Ease of Growing (1 = hard 10 = easy)

<10> Ease of Cloning (1 = hard 10 = easy)

Yield (watts)Very good under a 1000 watts.

<5> Odor Level

GROW Method: Soiless mix with added perlite and dolomite lime. Fox Farm nutrients.

EYE APPEAL: Wonderful. Beautiful green with red hairs everywhere.

<7> Density 1 being fluffy, 10 being rock hard

Aroma

COMMENTS: I flowered these a little later than recommended and they ended up being pretty large. I believe the pot size may have affected my yield though.

SMOKE REPORT

<9> Potency

<9> Taste

<7> Smoothness (1 = harsh 10 = smooth)

YES Indica Influence

Sativa Influence

<9, creeper> Effect Onset (1 = immediate 10 = super creeper)

<2> Duration (In hours)

<2> Tolerance Buildup (1 = slow 10 = fast)

<9> Overall Satisfaction

High Description:

Smell: Musky/Skunky

Taste: slightly piney/hashy. Slightly fruity with a sweet exhale.

Medical Effects: Great for pain, anxiety. Nausea, appetite stimulant and sleep.

<10> Medicinal Strength

COMMENTS: Wonderful taste and great medicinal effects. Also, its creeper so take a few hits and wait before resuming. Highly recommended.

KEEPER?

YES

<>

FINAL COMMENTS: Great strain. wish I would have grew it better. I think some of the things I did may have affected the yield although it was still respectable.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a small sample (thanks buddy!) and liked it very much. The effect was very smooth and consistent on me. No surprises. Felt relaxed but still active. I also like that I could function pretty well mentally and do things without my usual desire to just crash and relax.

:thumbsu:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive got one of these going right now and it smell exactly like tootsie rools as it grows. Did you have any of that smell to yours? And does it translate to the smoke taste?

I didn't get that in the taste. I just gave my motherplant a haircut, and did kind of notice that odor. Mine seems to have turned out exactly like Rlp's other than it seemed to hit me a little harder and faster than his, although it did have a creeper effect too. King Diamond is sure correct in that it really starts to develop it's true characteristics after a month of cure in a jar (it is still great before, but only gets better after the month). I wish I had saved a nugget for pictures (I screwed up and did the same for my Chemdawg and forgot to get pictures before my patients snagged it up). It did have a lot of beautiful red hairs as Rlp described. I would expect that you will probably see a slight variation, as this is a cross, but it seems to be very stable from what I hear of everyone else's descriptions.

Hey now, you get free shipping and handling with that price.

Fem seed is $30 a bean.

It is actually about $18.00 per bean as you will get 11, and I believe there is a 10% discount for Michigan medical cardholders if you send proof, which makes makes it about $16.35 per bean if you count the extra one.

It is actually about $18.00 per bean as you will get 11, and I believe there is a 10% discount for Michigan medical cardholders if you send proof, which makes makes it about $16.35 per bean if you count the extra one.

Well considering you will clone any killer strain that hits your garden its nothing over a couple of years of smoking a great strain its well worth it to me over time ! :goodjob:

anybody know about shipping as I really would worry about customs at those prices.

There used to be expedited delivery (which there still may be), it was an extra $25.00 and that guaranteed delivery, it didn't really save any time though. The orders I have made, regardless of using the expedited shipping, always came within about 10 days from ordering, and I have never had an order seized by customs.

Customs are looking for big bales of marijuana, not a few tiny seeds. The chances of an interception are about the same odds as you winning the lottery. The scary part is not a customs interception. The scary part is 20 dollars per seed.

Actually, the scary part is people looking for, and expecting good stable genetics in cheap seed, from less than reliable seedbanks that I have seen mentioned in this forum as being better than sliced bread. If you don't want to spend the money, then don't buy them. Pretty simple. There is actually a wide range of prices of great strains on Doc's site in the $100.00 to $150.00 range, something for everyone.

I think it has been pretty well been proven in this forum on the quality of what you get from Doc.

I personally would like to see comments from people who dont run trial grow journals for him, especially after a recent price high. I was very interested in purchasing a few strains from him but the recent price hike and lowering of the amount of beans turned me off. I havent had the pleasure of knowingly smoking any of his medicine but I do have 2 iranian g13's in the garden. If everything works out like I hope, then he will definitely have my business.

Archived