Open House - Brighton Area Compassion Club

JuztBudz

Hello all, the BACC is proud to announce that we have FINALLY found a place to call home. We will have an open house to introduce the membership to the new building and hope that some of you folks might come by. The address for our building is 5079 Canterbury, Brighton MI. It is just off Old US 23 and Grand River. Our open house is this Sunday from 1 p.m. til 5 p.m. We will have refreshments and loads of information for all. We'll be using the building for classes, meetings and as a safe haven. Hope to see y'all on Sunday...Peace...j.b.

Hello all, the BACC is proud to announce that we have FINALLY found a place to call home. We will have an open house to introduce the membership to the new building and hope that some of you folks might come by. The address for our building is 5079 Canterbury, Brighton MI. It is just off Old US 23 and Grand River. Our open house is this Sunday from 1 p.m. til 5 p.m. We will have refreshments and loads of information for all. We'll be using the building for classes, meetings and as a safe haven. Hope to see y'all on Sunday...Peace...j.b.

Is it safe? in Livingston county? How?

As I stated on the Greentree's show last week, the BACC is still taking it's 'baby steps' throughout the entire process of transgressing the minefield that is Michigan Medical Marijuana. We will open 3 days a week, Monday's, Wednesdays and Friday. We are simply going to do the education/activism thing for a while and then gradually put the rules in effect for us to become a co-op. We may do some 'farmer market' days occasionally, as the clientele needs, but this will only be made available to club members, so it won't be as wide open as in other clubs. We will keep a handle on this and not allow it to get out of control. It is as safe in Livingston county as anywhere else in the state. There haven't been too many problems here, just some shameful decisions on the part of our judges. We do have some folks who were in trouble before the law came into effect, and they are feeling a great deal of pressure, but there hasn't been a huge bump in arrests due to the new rules that we all live under. Really a shame that some of our folks are being put through all kinds of hell when they have encounters with the police here, but, as I said, things haven't gotten worse, and have, in fact, improved somewhat since the law went into effect. We have our share of over zealous police, but show me a county that doesn't...

With that, please come and visit us on Sunday, we look forward to showing off our new 'home'...Peace...j.b.

everything i have heard and seen from the BACC has been nothing but cool. They seem to really support one another, as well as the broader community. i just recently joined the site. I will have to make a trek down there some friday after work.

Congrats on the new home! May it blessed and trouble free!

i was their was that you i was talking to about are case?

what a nice place they have am glad for them :goodjob:

No we didn't talk directly I was right next to you when you first came in and were talking about the cases in the middle of the room but then you were in another conversation with some other people when I left so I didn't want to bother you.

Wow! What a great time we all had today. Got to send out a pile of thank you's to all who made the trek and joined us today, so many old friends and a lot of new folks too. Got to meet a bunch of our folks who are on the on line site, who normally don't go to meetings. Thanks for all the 'house' warming gifts, you folks are to kind. Thanks you to those of you that brought along those great snacks, you rock! Onward and upward, one step at a time...Peace...j.b.

Archived