Does A Cutting (Unrooted Clone) Count As A Plant?

Hello everyone, I am a new patient and planning to grow.. planning out my grow - doing LOTS of reading and research. It seems cloning is the way to go, especially if you find a plant that works well for your condition, cloning it is the only way to keep it for a long period of time.

Anyways, I am just wondering if a cutting (clone without roots) counts as 1 of my allowed 12 plants? Obviously once the cutting has roots it should be considered a plant and then one of the twelve...but what about before it has roots?

I'm under the impression that cloning is a bit tricky, and many growers do not have 100% success with clones, some as low as 25%, which is why this question has been boggin my mind a bit :)

Thanks guys!

i have 99 percent success at cloneing. its easy once u find a method that works great for u, youll have no problem's. and ive been growing for a year. before that never in my life so i was a newbie also. theres a lot of good info on this site. and the are a lot of great people on here that can help u with just about anything.

king of buds

Yeah, I've heard quite a few people saying the same, but also many saying the opposite. It seems there are many methods... a medium like rapid rooters or rockwool accompanied with a dome, bubble cloners, or aeroponic cloners.

However, do you happen to know if a cutting without roots is considered a plant in Michigan?

Yeah, thanks for that link 1TokeOverLine. I think I will play it safe and consider every cutting I take as a plant (if I intent it to be a clone). It seems medical patients and caregivers have been arrested for being over their limit because of a cutting, some have gone to court over it to fight that it isn't technically a plant, but why go through that trouble? I'd rather just count every potential clone as a plant. Besides...from what I see I won't need 12 plants as a patient, if you do it right they get big and produce more than enough medicine.

Yeah, thanks for that link 1TokeOverLine. I think I will play it safe and consider every cutting I take as a plant (if I intent it to be a clone). It seems medical patients and caregivers have been arrested for being over their limit because of a cutting, some have gone to court over it to fight that it isn't technically a plant, but why go through that trouble? I'd rather just count every potential clone as a plant. Besides...from what I see I won't need 12 plants as a patient, if you do it right they get big and produce more than enough medicine.

for your first grow ...grow a sea of green, put all your clones once rooted well into 12 12 lite, send them rite into budd, you will get small plants but lots of buds, than you can do a lil tweaking the next grow!

Peace

FTW

Jim

If you cut it off and TRY to make it a plant then it is one with or without roots......Folks have went to jail over this and this is still a gray area so be dam careful. Some counties will bust ya some wont so call your local leo and see where they stand on this question. Keep all copies of your questions and respones as this maybe needed in court and will show you wanted to find out how to stay legal....

Wouldn't this yield much less than if I kept them in vegetative growth for at least a few weeks?

for your first grow ...grow a sea of green, put all your clones once rooted well into 12 12 lite, send them rite into budd, you will get small plants but lots of buds, than you can do a lil tweaking the next grow!

Peace

FTW

Jim

i have 99 percent success at cloneing. its easy once u find a method that works great for u, youll have no problem's. and ive been growing for a year. before that never in my life so i was a newbie also. theres a lot of good info on this site. and the are a lot of great people on here that can help u with just about anything.

king of buds

www.greenmansfreegrowlibrary.com

look at it this way - when you stick a cutting into a cube and place it in a clone dome - thats MANUFACTURING.

The same cutting in my waste basket - thats harder to prove that I was trying to 'manufacture' that into a plant.

Intent, or overt act - thats what counts to me.

You could have 100 cuttings stuck in 100 cubes under a 400watt light - go ahead and try to say "but they are not rooted yet..!" You were trying to manufacture 100 plants...

-DN

look at it this way - when you stick a cutting into a cube and place it in a clone dome - thats MANUFACTURING.

The same cutting in my waste basket - thats harder to prove that I was trying to 'manufacture' that into a plant.

Intent, or overt act - thats what counts to me.

You could have 100 cuttings stuck in 100 cubes under a 400watt light - go ahead and try to say "but they are not rooted yet..!" You were trying to manufacture 100 plants...

-DN

now don't get me wrong you are 100% right but their is a case right now i heard about it on the MMMA radio that they got some people from the UofM to testify it had to have a root but i would never want to go down that road

12 is 12 in my book

now don't get me wrong you are 100% right but their is a case right now i heard about it on the MMMA radio that they got some people from the UofM to testify it had to have a root but i would never want to go down that road

12 is 12 in my book

I get the impression that it's falling into about a 1 to 3 ratio.

That is for every case that it says roots are needed, there are three that say any cuttings in a cube or whatever.

It may be better than that. It could be 2 to 3 .. dunno.

It's something that WILL need to be figured out by court ruling.

So count like DN says to .. If you're trying to grow it, count it. Be safe.

Archived