Medical Marijuana Haziness Or Normalcy Bias.

I am very concerned about how strong-armed-forces are moving forward to collect and control data on what is, at the moment, our protected personal rights.

The ability to spy on those that look differently than others is said to be in the name of “efficiencies” by Captain Steve Cook of the Bloomfield Township Police Department. The people that look differently are “those medical marijuana people” 2/3’s of the voters voted to provide an addition means of medication relief to.

I am no stranger to the headlines of medical marijuana in Michigan. I was the owner of Clinical Relief, a dispensary in Ferndale that was illegally raided this past August. This op-ed is not about the extreme violations that Clinic Relief suffered, rather it is a comment on the open abuse of our personal rights that the strong-armed-forces are sworn to protect: the voters’ right to self-determination This is one of the core democratic principles that we teach 5th graders today, and hold teachers accountable for. Kind of ironic; indoctrinate our children while adults goose-step over a minority’s right given to them by the majority.

If you follow the medical marijuana news like me (or wonder how police departments set policy instead of the voters or our elected officials) watch a truly disturbing video with Bloomfield Township Supervisor Dave Payne and Caption Cook. The power that Captain Cook is taking and the power that Supervisor Payne is conceding is dazzling. http://vimeo.com/17408927. It’s like community leaders have forgotten how a democracy works. Not to worry, the strong-armed-forces have it all under control; nothing to see here – move on.

Even more disturbing to me is the complicit nature of the media, for their role in a democracy is paramount. Their media story has been about the “haziness” of the law, particularly the distribution system. Hazy? Tell me one medical product that does not have an effective distribution system for its consumer. There are none. The sole purpose of the strong-armed-forces in attacking dispensaries is to drive the producers and consumers of medical marijuana underground while continuing to demonizing them. Markets determine efficient distribution systems, unless you live in a totalitarian state.

In my mind, a fair question to ask the media is did you forget your economic lessons? Or maybe a more pointed question is will you ever stop drinking the cool aid offered by the strong-armed-forces. Psychologists have a name for this cool aid, its call the “normalcy bias”. Simply put, normalcy bias results when one cannot cope with a disaster. For the strong-armed-forces, the voter approval of medical marijuana was their disaster. They cannot accept the results of the disaster and want their status quo world back, by driving patients and caregivers underground. Unfortunately, the media has not been strong and questioning enough to avoid drinking the cool aid.

Last month I had the opportunity to meet with Tim Beck. For those that don’t know Tim, he is one of the major players in moving forward and developing the medical marijuana act. Tim is also a successful business owner in Detroit that employs many and provides financial advice to thousands. We discussed several topics over our 3 hour lunch. When I asked him questions about the distribution system in general and the dispensary model in particular, Tim was not hazy at all; if medical marijuana is legal then there must be an efficient means to distribute it.

The existing law works remarkably well. Under the existing law, patients have medical marijuana as a choice in medications and have their privacy protected, doctors determine who can benefit from it, and free-market forces determine the most cost efficient means of purchase. As I said, the existing law works remarkably well.

Voters or strong-armed-forces. Haziness or normalcy bias.

Consider this a major alert that when the strong-armed-forces manipulate the voters mandate and the news media does the bidding of the status quo, we lose.

As the famous saying goes, where they burn books they will soon burn people.

I am very concerned about how strong-armed-forces are moving forward to collect and control data on what is, at the moment, our protected personal rights.

The ability to spy on those that look differently than others is said to be in the name of “efficiencies” by Captain Steve Cook of the Bloomfield Township Police Department. The people that look differently are “those medical marijuana people” 2/3’s of the voters voted to provide an addition means of medication relief to.

I am no stranger to the headlines of medical marijuana in Michigan. I was the owner of Clinical Relief, a dispensary in Ferndale that was illegally raided this past August. This op-ed is not about the extreme violations that Clinic Relief suffered, rather it is a comment on the open abuse of our personal rights that the strong-armed-forces are sworn to protect: the voters’ right to self-determination This is one of the core democratic principles that we teach 5th graders today, and hold teachers accountable for. Kind of ironic; indoctrinate our children while adults goose-step over a minority’s right given to them by the majority.

If you follow the medical marijuana news like me (or wonder how police departments set policy instead of the voters or our elected officials) watch a truly disturbing video with Bloomfield Township Supervisor Dave Payne and Caption Cook. The power that Captain Cook is taking and the power that Supervisor Payne is conceding is dazzling. http://vimeo.com/17408927. It’s like community leaders have forgotten how a democracy works. Not to worry, the strong-armed-forces have it all under control; nothing to see here – move on.

Even more disturbing to me is the complicit nature of the media, for their role in a democracy is paramount. Their media story has been about the “haziness” of the law, particularly the distribution system. Hazy? Tell me one medical product that does not have an effective distribution system for its consumer. There are none. The sole purpose of the strong-armed-forces in attacking dispensaries is to drive the producers and consumers of medical marijuana underground while continuing to demonizing them. Markets determine efficient distribution systems, unless you live in a totalitarian state.

In my mind, a fair question to ask the media is did you forget your economic lessons? Or maybe a more pointed question is will you ever stop drinking the cool aid offered by the strong-armed-forces. Psychologists have a name for this cool aid, its call the “normalcy bias”. Simply put, normalcy bias results when one cannot cope with a disaster. For the strong-armed-forces, the voter approval of medical marijuana was their disaster. They cannot accept the results of the disaster and want their status quo world back, by driving patients and caregivers underground. Unfortunately, the media has not been strong and questioning enough to avoid drinking the cool aid.

Last month I had the opportunity to meet with Tim Beck. For those that don’t know Tim, he is one of the major players in moving forward and developing the medical marijuana act. Tim is also a successful business owner in Detroit that employs many and provides financial advice to thousands. We discussed several topics over our 3 hour lunch. When I asked him questions about the distribution system in general and the dispensary model in particular, Tim was not hazy at all; if medical marijuana is legal then there must be an efficient means to distribute it.

The existing law works remarkably well. Under the existing law, patients have medical marijuana as a choice in medications and have their privacy protected, doctors determine who can benefit from it, and free-market forces determine the most cost efficient means of purchase. As I said, the existing law works remarkably well.

Voters or strong-armed-forces. Haziness or normalcy bias.

Consider this a major alert that when the strong-armed-forces manipulate the voters mandate and the news media does the bidding of the status quo, we lose.

As the famous saying goes, where they burn books they will soon burn people.

i know when i read the news paper and know that other will read it i just don't know if it's news or someones Blog am sorry that yougot Raided it's not right the way they treated evey body

they did the same thing to us and we are also inn Court hang inn their we have this Law as it stands for now

how long i do not know

we all need to stand up togetter to keep it the way it is because this Law is great the way it is

Main street media will editorialize as they and their owners see fit, while most cannabis publications are limited in audience and ignored by average citizen's the instant they see them. Solution? The same hard, long road we've been traveling. Someday our struggle will end much like the civil rights era has. Hasn't it? I can still fondly remember the days and years following the signing of the Civil Rights Act in 1964, when African American's, the police, and their dogs all danced together in harmony on the streets of the nation.

I do not agree with Captain Clown in any way. However, I also do not think that 25.00 a gram is NOT proper price to cahrge patients in need either. How do you respond to people like myself that think that although dispensary's do serve a need bit at what cost? When they say they have "costs" so do we all. And their is risk as apparent as the growers is at all levels. when dispensary owners try and exploit P/CG's to give under market value thats wrong as well. Granted if the product is crap then hey market dictates it. But when a dispensary thinks because they have a retail outlet and jack up the price to 25.00 a gram and are CLEARLY profitable is proper to try and bend over the grower..? I personally do noy allow myself to be under paid for my labor. But not every grower is in the same situation as me and sadly some growers really need money and allow themselves to be exploited by Dispensaries.

Or how do you feel about people that use the "crime increases" around dispensaries BS. Crime is everywhere in MI. In fact a family member of mine lives in a gated community in Metro Detroit and got robbed of 2 flat screens, 2 laptops and thousands in Jewelry. This happens to all demograpgic areas. Oddly Republicans seem to like to pick on MED MJ business.

i know when i read the news paper and know that other will read it i just don't know if it's news or someones Blog am sorry that you got Raided it's not right the way they treated Evey body

they did the same thing to us and we are also inn Court hang inn their we have this Law as it stands for now

how long i do not know

we all need to stand up to getter to keep it the way it is because this Law is great the way it is

if you see Barb tell her Thanks for the Gift

Well ine of the things about the news papers and other media outlets is. I sent a letter to the local paper and they refused to print it without my full name. I can not afford for my full real name to get out there due to the nature of my wife's job. If she were outed she would be terminated instantly.

Well ine of the things about the news papers and other media outlets is. I sent a letter to the local paper and they refused to print it without my full name. I can not afford for my full real name to get out there due to the nature of my wife's job. If she were outed she would be terminated instantly.

thats why i wear a Bag over my head i bring them to the Rallys people use them all the time for your reason so i understand

I had planed to stay involved. I was thinking of picking on one of the most biased TV stations and start a letter writing campaign to their largest advertisers complaining about that biased. I always try to respond on their web site but I would like to see a movement toward actual fact checking by these "news" outlets.

I had planed to stay involved. I was thinking of picking on one of the most biased TV stations and start a letter writing campaign to their largest advertisers complaining about that biased. I always try to respond on their web site but I would like to see a movement toward actual fact checking by these "news" outlets.

we used to have people on here that was great in writing letters and some people would copy them and send them off but they got ran off by other people

and people would go yo protest and Rallies only to find out they were their for the wrong things/reasons

Great op-ed.

The video is the first time I have seen the MMMA of 2008 be called an "Exemption" act. They call it the Michigan Medical Marijuna Exemption Act of 2008. Are the crusaders renaming the act to make a pointor gain an advantage, or is this an act of exemption?

If you read the body language of both people in the video, it is like a book. You can see that the interviewer is conflicted with his role as a puppet while the person answering the questions feels the power of pulling the strings.

If you pay attention to the very end of the video, you will hear the interviewer asking "Did I miss anything" to the person he is interviewing.

Classic propaganda move.

Great op-ed.

The video is the first time I have seen the MMMA of 2008 be called an "Exemption" act. They call it the Michigan Medical Marijuna Exemption Act of 2008. Are the crusaders renaming the act to make a pointor gain an advantage, or is this an act of exemption?

If you read the body language of both people in the video, it is like a book. You can see that the interviewer is conflicted with his role as a puppet while the person answering the questions feels the power of pulling the strings.

If you pay attention to the very end of the video, you will hear the interviewer asking "Did I miss anything" to the person he is interviewing.

Classic propaganda move.

i could not of said it better

thanks

Okay, so they "allow" you to be a patient and "allow" you to grow your own IF you register with Bloomfield Twp PD?

That is not required, but would save some man hours on locating grow ops IF they decide they want to start raids on medical grows. Too shady!

That isn't what gets me boiling.. He says they do not "allow" caregivers and that dispensaries or collectives are not legal. So if you can not grow your own, you can't designate a caregiver that lives local?

They claim it is to keep the big grow ops out of their city, but all they are trying to do is make some sort of law to trump our rights as either patients to designate a local caregiver or the rights as caregivers to provide services to patients.

Why don't they just make a 5 patient maximum? ;) LOL :sword:

The "exemption" act was also something that Sheriff Bouchard was called out on.

It is amazing to me that people still refuse to simply just read.

I would also - under the 5th amendment of the Constitution of the United States - refuse to register anywhere other than with the MDCH as required by state law.

A doctors recommendation is all that is needed but you will need to get one every 90 days to be protected you may have to go to court but most people that get raided even with a card will have to do that anyways

some think the card is a get-out-of jail card it's not

be safe and don't tell any one if you grow your own

Archived