Greenthumb Seeds G13 Grow Journal

porcupine

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest my scope sucks at the moment, so I'm not quite sure what the percentages were, although I could see some amber, and the stalked capitate tri-chromes were extremely swollen.

This time I went by a combination of factors such as tri-chrome condition and color, odor intensity, no really noticeable growth for almost a week, the calyx's were swollen with the pistols retracting, and a nice even yellowing of the fan leaves.

I couldn't even guess at the yield as I don't weigh anything while it's still wet and try the guessing game, but if I were a gambling man there is a minimum of 15 oz of dried, unusable(uncured) medicine, with just the cola's in the pictures. I don't really want to speculate any more than that due to legal and confidentiality issues. I'll give some type of proper numbers once it's all harvested and dried.

I can't wait to see your main cola's as you didn't top yours, I can only imagine!

My main colas didnt get as big as i expected...the Big Purps colas were much bigger. Im not sure but it may have something to do with the vertical lighting not being directly over the tops as horizontal lighting is.

Guest MosCutty

Very nice brother, I'll be coming to visit as soon as the G13 is out of curing. LOL

Textbook journal my friend, I always learn something. :thumbsu:

Mos

Got a feeling its that kind of attitude that keeps people from giving you anything.

Don't worry about him DG.

He screwed up and didn't get back with me in the time I told him to. I then got an email a week AFTER he was supposed to get back with me wanting his clone. If I tell someone to get back with me on a pending ready clone, then they better be in touch with me when I say, or at least within a day late. I still had his clone which was for free, but could not manage to hook up with him because of the medical issues and appointments I have, and over the course of a week trying to schedule a meet up with him, he said "Well I'll just order the seeds".

Hence his clone went to Wynsoul as she was very patient, and knew my situation which most people don't even have a clue (which I prefer) .

Just for the record, there are several members here who have been given freely clones off of my ladies.

Don't worry about him DG.

He screwed up and didn't get back with me in the time I told him to. I then got an email a week AFTER he was supposed to get back with me wanting his clone. If I tell someone to get back with me on a pending ready clone, then they better be in touch with me when I say, or at least within a day late. I still had his clone which was for free, but could not manage to hook up with him because of the medical issues and appointments I have, and over the course of a week trying to schedule a meet up with him, he said "Well I'll just order the seeds".

Hence his clone went to Wynsoul as she was very patient, and knew my situation which most people don't even have a clue (which I prefer) .

Just for the record, there are several members here who have been given freely clones off of my ladies.

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Awesome looking colas porc

Great job !!!!!!

Thanks man!

Funny thing is, that I actually have 3 or 4 more cola's on each plant yet to harvest that are still putting on some weight, as what I was thinking were laterals, were actually slightly smaller cola's that had not been getting as much light (and had very resilient stems!). Which makes sense because if you do the math there should have been eight cola's per plant as they were topped three times each before asymmetrical growth started.

I'm definitely going to look into vertical lighting with this strain, as they all would have beefed up much more than they already did. This strain absolutely loves VERY high light intensity!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a quick shot of some freshly hanging eye candy!!!

I'll make sure to post shots sometime on Friday evening of the plants before I took the cola's off.

The remainder of each plant are still under the lights gaining a little extra weight.

Eight ladies all in a row:

gallery_6229_120_261607.jpg

Spear-man's Cola's:

gallery_6229_120_391926.jpg

Q-Bert's Cola's:

gallery_6229_120_399342.jpg

Wow !

Incredable grow man congrats! :bow:

Wow !

Incredable grow man congrats! :bow:

Thanks KD,

They are finally dry enough to start curing, the humidity has been horrible for drying. I'll get a little more info up pretty soon.

It's too soon to judge anything yet but they both produced very well, and are doing what they should be doing effect wise, which should also intensify in the cure. I've noticed it creeps up on you and can put you over the top before you know it. From the early samples it looks as if one will have a spicy grape odor and flavor with a touch of burnt rubber mixed in the aftertaste, and the other (#2) has a really nice grape Kool Aid smell and flavor so far, and is drying a little slower and will probably be the keeper pheno.

I can't remember the name or number of the pheno i am testing now. But it is incredible! for a heavy yielding plant, you would expect the meds to not be very strong. These are great meds. 3-4 hours of effect is not unusual. i have had some before cure,and some after. both are good, but of course the cures meds are much smoother, and flavorful. Taste is just as described above. slight grape with earthy and woody notes. i never had the burnt rubber taste, though.

Guest MosCutty

Over 20,000 views, I'd say the party has been rocked. :rock: I'm coming down to see you this week brother I gotta do my own smoke report on this one. LOL, Need to rap up some business in Cuttyville and a little camp out with the fam, so look for me by weeks end. :devil:

Not sure where to get info on phenos of this version of g-13. Maybe ask the Doc. My comment was based on pics Porc posted. He said he has 2distinct Looking phenos. I only had one seed hence only one pheno and it looks identical to Porcs 'spear' pheno also smells as described. If I could post a pic i would.

Quick update:

1337Gr33n sampled the #1, or more the one with Spear-like Cola's. I just noticed that #2, the one with the chunkier looking cola's has hollow stems whereas #1's were solid. The basic structure of the plants was the same though.

I'm getting pretty close to doing a smoke report (probably within a week).

Not sure where to get info on phenos of this version of g-13. Maybe ask the Doc. My comment was based on pics Porc posted. He said he has 2distinct Looking phenos. I only had one seed hence only one pheno and it looks identical to Porcs 'spear' pheno also smells as described. If I could post a pic i would.

Dr. Greenthumb's Website is a great place to start. Here is a pic and some more info from his site:

GreenthumbSeeds_G13.jpg

gallery_15165_220_55139.jpg

Again, i am not shilling for the Doc. I was fortunate to get a really great cut of this plant from someone very gracious. What this plant does for indoor gardeners is amazing.

Quick update:

1337Gr33n sampled the #1, or more the one with Spear-like Cola's. I just noticed that #2, the one with the chunkier looking cola's has hollow stems whereas #1's were solid. The basic structure of the plants was the same though.

I'm getting pretty close to doing a smoke report (probably within a week).

i know you're super busy these days. but when this OG i have finishes, you're gonna have to get a taste of that!

• 1 month later...

Okay everybody, finally after a long cure I'll try my best to give everyone a fair and accurate judgement on this wonderful strain. First I'll post a few pictures and then do my best to describe it. At this time I would also like to thank Doc first of all for letting me take a shot at this beautiful and NOT for everyone strain, just as Doc said upfront to everyone when he released it, and to everyone else who has taken the time and had the patience to go through this sometimes turbulent journal with me.

These first four pictures are a 12 gram bud from the #1 plant (I'm investing in, and learning better photography lighting and tactics for future endeavors):

gallery_6229_120_37583.jpg

gallery_6229_120_2298984.jpg

gallery_6229_120_426934.jpg

gallery_6229_120_2973485.jpg

These next three pictures are a 7 gram nugget from the #2 plant which I've decided will be the keeper pheno, but I will give the other one another run just to be sure:

gallery_6229_120_2389284.jpg

gallery_6229_120_1692087.jpg

gallery_6229_120_1753203.jpg

This plant was a total shock to me, as I was expecting it to be something potent and high yielding. Well I got that and more!!! What I didn't expect is what I would consider to be almost, if not a true connoisseur variety. Further runs will verify this but from what I'm hearing from the person I backed it up with, his results are very encouraging.

Now as I say that, don't everyone run out and order this strain like a lot of people probably did with the initial craziness when it was first released UNLESS you are prepared to set up almost specifically just for her. She would not be cost effective to run for most farmers with smaller spaces with lower light levels who are not prepared or able to dedicate those things to their garden, and smaller, more open strains would probably be better suited to run much more cost effectively for most of those farmers. There's a possibility she would work in a Sea of Green style grow, but that's not really an advisable way to farm in Michigan with plant count numbers and all, although we are pretty fortunate with counts compared to a lot of other medical States. She performed within all parameters of what Doc has advertised and that's about as far as I'm prepared to say about numbers. Doc wasn't lying. Lets just say each one produced 15 or so and would have produced MUCH more with more intense lighting. She easily could have been doubled or more. I think she would be a monster for anyone running a DWC type system or anyone who prepares for her properly and gets her dialed in to perfection.

Now to the difference's and descriptions:

There wasn't really much of a difference in the plants main structure. She was pretty bulletproof through all cycles, but once your soil runs out of nitrogen she will yellow VERY quick so I would recommend amending your soil or other mix with some dolomitic lime as she likes to feed, and unwanted salts can build up real quick if you don't pay attention to her run off PH. The variation in bud structure between the two was the main difference other than odor and flavor. #1 had a slightly more pointy bud structure and she was a touch less dense, but not by much, while #2 was a little more squared off and a little more Indica in bud structure. Both plants seemed to be 100% Indica or Afghan in overall structure. #1 had solid primary stems and #2 had hollow main stems. #1 yielded slightly better than #2 but not by more than a half an ounce or so.

This is where I was shocked. I was expecting a very light fruity taste but was rewarded with what can only be described as an intense grape smell and taste. #2 was almost unbelievable and had a Purple Grape Champagne type odor and flavor. You could open the jar and it would actually tickle your nose if you know what I mean. Slightly sour, slightly skunky, and overwhelmingly, undeniably, candied grape. I don't think I could have lucked out more than that, although I really haven't had the time to follow other journals that have been going on. I did hear through the grapevine (no pun intended) that Dr. Gruber was very satisfied with his grow.

#1 had a slightly spicier grape odor and flavor. I got a little harshness out of it, kind of like a burnt rubber type taste, but I'm almost positive I accidentally added too much lime to her soil and it didn't flush out properly. That's what it tasted like to me, so she deserves another run just to be fair in judgement to #2 although I know I preferred #2's bud structure overall.

The effects between the two were pretty much identical. They both did me very well as I have a very high tolerance level and I never built any up after smoking A LOT. Overall the effect lasted a good three, maybe four hours with not too bad of a come down (after a few days of smoking her). She isn't the super unbelievably highly devastating government myth that G13 is built around, but she certainly isn't lacking in anything and can stand up to most any strain. She has quickly become one of my favorite girls, and I really miss her since she's gone. I can't wait to run her again.

I found that she seems to works pretty well for pain, anxiety, muscle spasms, appetite, and help with sleep.

I think that pretty much sums her up but if I should think of anything else I'll post it here, or feel free to ask and I'll try to respond a.s.a.p.

Once again, thank you very much Dr. Greenthumb for giving me this opportunity, and to everyone else who took the time to take a peek. Love you all, I'll see you soon, and ROCK ON!!! :rock:

PEACE/OUT

Porc

i can confirm what Porcupine is saying here. (Not as though he needs it, especially from me.) The flavor and effect descriptions are just like that. my number two pheno has a hollow stem, and a very blocky structure. The main cola was about an ounce dried. the handful of side spears will be close to that, each. there is a resinous core to these flowers, and pistils everywhere. they never really retracted as much as i expected them to retract.

the effect is not one you will tolerate quickly. it is soaring and happy to me, with very little 'drag donkey' on the end. i have both sharp nerve pains in the upper back/neck region, and dull lower back pain. it relieves the dull lower back pain quite well. the nerve pain becomes less of a pain, and more of a slight stiffness. nothing has ever made it go away except sleep.

i commend the Doc on his fine genetics, and Porcupine for his keen growing skills and kind heart.

Edited by 1337Gr33n

Very good read Porc!

As Sativa Mike mentioned I did not get any of the Grape flavor in either of my plants but some of the other flavors you describe fit mine exactly. It couldnt be a flushing issue on mine because I flush the crap out of them all the way through the grow and it doesnt taste like chemicals at all. Who knows?????????

Anyway, i agree, it is an exceptional plant and i will be keeping it for a long time.

I am very satisfied as it at least doubled or tripled in yeild any plant i have grown before.