Jury Trial In Lapeer

Bob, it was great to finally meet you!

as for this case, the jury found him guilty, but i can see why, his atty. really didnt seem to interested in defending his innocence, to the point of actually saying in her closing that they werent disputing the charge. BULL BUNNY MUFFIN!! the jury had no choice but to find him guilty. while she made points that could have made a difference, she never elaborated on anything. none of her questions for the witness i saw had any depth. for example:

after establishing that the officer had been involved with 10-15 warrant executions regarding MJ grows, here is a jist of the questioning

atty: what did you find in the shed?

witness: a box with light leaking from it

atty: anything else?

witness: marijuana plants, lights etc... behind the box.

atty: but there was no path to access the box with the plants correct? there were childrens toys in the way, is that correct?

my point is his appointed atty. seemed to keep digging him in deeper.

sad case, clearly a qualifying patient, raided after the law was in effect, but since he didnt "register" until after the infraction, he cannot use the defense. Really? He didnt all of a sudden get the ailment.

lots more to say about the competency i suppose of his atty. but win or lose she gets paid so may as well push them through without trying

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob, it was great to finally meet you!

as for this case, the jury found him guilty, but i can see why, his atty. really didnt seem to interested in defending his innocence, to the point of actually saying in her closing that they werent disputing the charge. BULL BUNNY MUFFIN!! the jury had no choice but to find him guilty. while she made points that could have made a difference, she never elaborated on anything. none of her questions for the witness i saw had any depth. for example:

after establishing that the officer had been involved with 10-15 warrant executions regarding MJ grows, here is a jist of the questioning

atty: what did you find in the shed?

witness: a box with light leaking from it

atty: anything else?

witness: marijuana plants, lights etc... behind the box.

atty: but there was no path to access the box with the plants correct? there were childrens toys in the way, is that correct?

my point is his appointed atty. seemed to keep digging him in deeper.

sad case, clearly a qualifying patient, raided after the law was in effect, but since he didnt "register" until after the infraction, he cannot use the defense. Really? He didnt all of a sudden get the ailment.

lots more to say about the competency i suppose of his atty. but win or lose she gets paid so may as well push them through without trying

1. This seems like the opportune time to me for him to mention he was a Fully Qualified MMJ Patient.

2. The other thing that came to mind, he might be establishing the probable cause ?

i should have been more clear, these were the types of questions from his atty. to the pros. witness. she almost word for word repeated the pros. line of questioning.

he never took the stand, i think his atty advised against it

1. This seems like the opportune time to me for him to mention he was a Fully Qualified MMJ Patient.

2. The other thing that came to mind, he might be establishing the probable cause ?

it really was a bs court day. i just cant believe how complacent she was with his case. i should have slipped her 50 bucks to at least pretend she was trying.

how can these defenses be legal? arent people, even with court appt. attorneys, entitled to a fair trial, where your representation is on your side in the matter? she seemed almost just a puppet for the pros. and the court. terrible place lapeer is in. terrible place.

it really was a bs court day. i just cant believe how complacent she was with his case. i should have slipped her 50 bucks to at least pretend she was trying.

how can these defenses be legal? arent people, even with court appt. attorneys, entitled to a fair trial, where your representation is on your side in the matter? she seemed almost just a puppet for the pros. and the court. terrible place lapeer is in. terrible place.

Nothing new there. Justice for the poor ? Is that in the Constitution ? I doubt it. Court appointed attys are just what they say. Working for the Court. If you want justice served with your charges you better Buy some. Untill further changes... coming soon ! ! ! Keep the Faith, baby !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=629ddRNMhLk

pffffft!!! IMO it was bad today...i was waiting for a little frog with a cane to jump up on the bench and sing rag time gal while tap dancing stage left......

im really not one to go on and on about things like this, but im a little ticked. These P-Defenders need to get on course and remember who they work for. THEY NEED TO BE EDUCATED! Im sure sooo many of them can get out of the rut they are in by spending as little as a day learning about this law.... I know they wanna get out from court appointed cases, dont they?

Nothing new there. Justice for the poor ? Is that in the Constitution ? I doubt it. Court appointed attys are just what they say. Working for the Court. If you want justice served with your charges you better Buy some. Untill further changes... coming soon ! ! ! Keep the Faith, baby !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=629ddRNMhLk

Am not sure if i can add any thing else other then what Hempcheff has already said i was surprised that he did not take the stand i think the Lawyer scared him up as to not do it because the PA would tear him up on the stand 'so what' this guys life is on the line i think his Lawyer works for the city thats the way i saw it today i will post more later

PS i was good to meet you to Hempcheff i just wish more people could have showed up but am not sure if that would of help

with out a Lawyer

:thumbsd::notfair::thumbsd::notfair:

This what My Senator suggest I do if I cant afford council?

In speaking with Senator Gregory regarding the matter before the court, he would like to specifically what you want him to do. Generally, matters involving the judicial branch are out of his jurisdiction and he must be conscientious of this fact. If you can no longer afford an attorney, perhaps you can request a court-appointed attorney to represent you. Was the Department able to assist you earlier in this arrest process to clarify that you were registered and legitimate?

Karen Adams-Powell

Constituent Relations Director

Senator Vincent Gregory’s Office

(517) 373-7888 Office

In summary, it sounds like those who were able to attend the Lapeer trial of mrniceguy agree his own court appointed attorney and the judge conjoined to commit injustice and mount a travesty. It's too late for mrniceguy, but what in your opinions are the steps other growers in the jurisdiction should take to make a better outcome more likely for themselves in the event they are arrested in Lapeer and put on trial?

In summary, it sounds like those who were able to attend the Lapeer trial of mrniceguy agree his own court appointed attorney and the judge conjoined to commit injustice and mount a travesty. It's too late for mrniceguy, but what in your opinions are the steps other growers in the jurisdiction should take to make a better outcome more likely for themselves in the event they are arrested in Lapeer and put on trial?

Well am no Lawyer i do play one on here i would move out if i lived their they have found the loop hole inn are Law IMO

Archived