New Patient

lilbuddy

Hey all,

Hows it going?? Every one ready for our snow? Dumb question huh? Hey I got a call from one of the MMJ Clinics today who were referring me a new patient. Paperwork is done except for my attestation. He wants meds before his 20th days has ticked by and I said sorry no can do. He got upset. The way I figured we all had to wait. He can too. Besides its my as* that will get fried not his. Am I being too rigid? I don't want to give up my rights!!!

My second question is another referral for a guy who sent in a Money order NOT A CHECK!!! He has copy of Money order but has tried to get yhe cancelled back but it's a Foreign Bank that issued the check, no luck. He's well into the 100th day. However, how do I know he didn't get denied , another questionable scenario?

Feedback anyone???

lil buddy

Go with what you believe the law says you can.

One want's meds before his legal date? That's you're call. Do you know him? Do you trust him? Can he verify application with cleared check? If not, I would say no.

One wants to be accepted without proof of payment? This is a game that many have seen. You should never put your faith in someone you don't know and can't verify. Again, I would say no.

Again, it's up to you.

Sorry, but no one can tell you with all honesty what you should do. Like you said, it's your as*.

Your head understands your rights. Maybe you should follow your head.

Best of luck.

Well the guy who is upset is wrong you have to protect yourself. If he gets really beligerant it shows you that he may not be good for u to work with. The other person is an unknown. You need some sort of verification.

Hey all,

Hows it going?? Every one ready for our snow? Dumb question huh? Hey I got a call from one of the MMJ Clinics today who were referring me a new patient. Paperwork is done except for my attestation. He wants meds before his 20th days has ticked by and I said sorry no can do. He got upset. The way I figured we all had to wait. He can too. Besides its my as* that will get fried not his. Am I being too rigid? I don't want to give up my rights!!!

My second question is another referral for a guy who sent in a Money order NOT A CHECK!!! He has copy of Money order but has tried to get yhe cancelled back but it's a Foreign Bank that issued the check, no luck. He's well into the 100th day. However, how do I know he didn't get denied , another questionable scenario?

Feedback anyone???

lil buddy

From a patients perspective (Me) if I don't have the proper proof I Wouldn't be in the scope of the law. And nor would you IMO. The under 20 day dude give him back to the center, he's giving you a hard time now......... The other guy hmmm have him sign a affidavit in front of a notary that he wasn't denied, may cover your backside.

Stay within the law who knows if he will even be approved lansing could reject him so you can tell him that its imperitive that each of us follow the law to the letter law enforcements just chomping at the bit looking for a reason to arrest patients and caregivers. :notfair:

You did the right thing by making them wait. :thumbsu:

I have a hard card now for almost1 year. I changed my CG 3 days ago. My new CG said I will have to wait 20 days to get my meds. I thought that was for patients without their cards. I guess it for everyone?

some people dont believe p2p is legal or c.g to their non patient, I belive if you have a hard card and me as a pt. gives you some meds it is ok and if you compensate me for what i have into it thats ok too! that is me!

Send the one back to the clinic and tell them not to send you any more of their pts! you dont need that kind of bull, pt's are getting smarter now, they werent so smart when this all started,,If you wanted to be my c.g you would be giving me lots up front! for my grow rights! and I would not wait for the 20 day change, you think im gonna apoint you as my c.g w/o testing the meds? your gonna be giving me some up front if you want to work for me (you be my c.g)!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I have a hard card now for almost1 year. I changed my CG 3 days ago. My new CG said I will have to wait 20 days to get my meds. I thought that was for patients without their cards. I guess it for everyone?

Dosn't count for you . Your new caregiver could transfer meds to you P2p IMO. I would wait to start your plants till At least the 20 days were up thought.

You are already a certified patient.

Dosn't count for you . Your new caregiver could transfer meds to you P2p IMO. I would wait to start your plants till At least the 20 days were up thought.

You are already a certified patient.

That would be possible and as legal as other P2P transfers, assuming that the caregiver is also a patient. I was a caregiver / non-patient for a while, and this same issue came up with a new patient. I leaned toward 'better safe than sorry', and asked my new patient to wait the 20 days at least. I didn't know the patient personally, and was a bit paranoid due to the many stories of sting operations happening at the time.

I think there are enough patients in all areas now that caregivers should and can be selective. Cover your butt! 1 patients I have was a referral, and I had to meet the 20 day mark. sorry. I have known 3 of my patients for years and years (10 to 40), and they wouldn't have LET me provide meds within the 20 days, and 1 patient was a renewal for him and a new patient for me, therefore we only waited for the return reciept. It bothers me he was upset with you. Shows the potential for future problems imho.

Archived