Marijuana Patients Organization

I just received an email from Marijuana Patients Organization

Sign up now to receive discounts on products and services you already use. visit marijuanapatients.org

Advocacy Group

A group that stays on top of local and national leaders through an aggressive lobby approach to make sure the law provides for the very best options for medical marijuana patients.

Receive Information Important To You

Understand what changes are on the forefront of legislation and stay abreast of anything that impacts you as a patient. Receive our monthly newsletter that will keep you informed on issues important to you

Their website says:

Receive Discounts on medication through affiliated caregivers, dispensaries and other medication providers. Affordable access to doctor recommendation services and great deals from various retailers. Free to Register

My firewall tells me:

This website is suspicious. Leave now unless you know it is safe.

Does anyone know anything about this site?

Got the very same e mail and it was addressed directly to me and that I find troubling. How do they know I use cannabis?

I sent e mails to friends and family who are not part of the MMMA asking if they had received it and everyone said no.

Was yours addressed to you? I went back just now and mine is addressed to my email but they used a salutation mentioning someone else.

No phone numbers no physical address listed either, no copyright on web page starting to smell funny ain't it?

The MMMA does not share it's database with anyone for any reason. Only three people have access to the database. You can look at the headers in the email to find out where it originated from. This is useful information in determining how your information was obtained. Thanks, Joe

In gmail where do I find full header. And i never suspected 3MA never will.

Dude I need you to see this header info. 3MA is mentioned along with craigslist and clinical relief

I just found this from the firewall people (Zonealarm). This is why it was marked suspicious.

Its the fact the website is 3 months or newer.

Its the unfortunate fact that hackers put up thousands of sites a day for malicious reasons so we rate any new website like this.

We don't have the staff to evaluate every new website in the world daily.

So we go with just telling you the website is 3 months old or newer and let the person surfing make a decision to go to that website or not.

We never say there is a definite threat on the website.

Hi, After opening the email, click on show details, upper right. You will then see the headers. You can also do a whois.sc/domainname.com and it will tell you about the owner of the domain. Thanks Bb

Thank you Bb and you also Wildbill. You just never know.

Speaking of e-mails, ASA has been sending me newsletters for a few months, since around oct. I think, though I never asked for them, a friend of mine is a member so I asked if he gave them my e-mail address and he said no, so I don't know how they were able to get it, I don't give it to anyone... Today I told them to take me off their list, when I sent my letter that I posted yesterday in another thread here.

Sb

Speaking of e-mails, ASA has been sending me newsletters for a few months, since around Oct. I think, though I never asked for them, a friend of mine is a member so I asked if he gave them my e-mail address and he said no, so I don't know how they were able to get it, I don't give it to anyone... Today I told them to take me off their list, when I sent my letter that I posted yesterday in another thread here.

Sb

i too get E-mails from ASA and sometimes i wounder what they are doing for us here inn Mich but with me i did contact them when we first got Raided and have not heard from them yet

i too get E-mails from ASA and sometimes i wounder what they are doing for us here inn Mich but with me i did contact them when we first got Raided and have not heard from them yet

Not much good in an individual fight......probably very good at catching revenue.:rolleyes:

Read the privacy statements on most register to use sites and you'll see why you get e mails from companies or other entities you never personally registered with. Yours, mine, anyone's information is bought and sold we're all digital commodities so to speak.

yup, bought and sold we are, but mostly I just come here. Maybe I was at ASA's site once and they did a data mine on me... I told my friend what they did to me and I'm hoping he'll quit that group, I'll tell him that they're unresponsive to others, too.

All these sites, and anyone, should know this: If someone wants their service or product, advice, help, whatever, they'll come to the company or person who may have what they want. Spread the word about anyone who's unresponsive and/or seems not to truly care about those they're supposedly serving. They won't stay in business for long.

Sb

Read the privacy statements on most register to use sites and you'll see why you get e mails from companies or other entities you never personally registered with. Yours, mine, anyone's information is bought and sold we're all digital commodities so to speak.

How true unfortunate, but true. I do not register with every site I visit but in order to rebuke the lies and mis-information posted on line about cannabis and those who use it for medical reasons I have registered with just about every on line news organization.

===========================================================================================================================================

Example of how our information is used and sold; Topix may share information about you with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties. However, we only divulge aggregate information about our users and will not share personally identifiable information with any third party without your express consent. For example, we may disclose how frequently the average Topix user visits Topix, or which Topix pages are most often used. Please be aware, however, that we will release specific personal information about you if required to do so in order to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order. Further, Topix reserves the right to cooperate with legitimate law enforcement requests for information at its sole discretion.

I've noticed since "that" PAC tried to advertise here we have had other things that seem related to them in one way or another popping up here. It sure does seem like an effort to "hijack" some of our people to buy into their beliefs....an effort to bring down MMMA????......now, this is just my opinion and I don't have any hard core facts but it sure does seem strange that there are efforts against us with the senate and some the very new members all the sudden, the radio interview etc., etc., etc.,.....and all these "advertisements" to join medical marijuana related sites or organizations.

Dizz

Archived