What To Do With Too Much Meds

GrassMonkey

Hello All,

I am new to the medical marijuana world and will have many questions, but for now I just have one. I am planning on becoming my wife's CG.

If I understand the law correctly it says that she is allowed 2.5 oz of usable meds, and allowed 12 plants aside from that.

This is a joke, cause from what I understand the average plant could produce 2.5 oz each, so soon as I harvest her 12 plants I (or she?) is instantly a criminal in violation of the law.

How do I avoid this situation?

What do i do with the excess? I am not really interested in selling to dispensaries because I have met a few people who have been pulled over and busted even though supposedly they were legal. I just don't need all the government drama in my life. Nor do I want to become a CG at this point for any one else for fear of some gung ho, corrupt prosecutor trying to make a name for themselves. I have a very high profile job and need to protect myself and wife from loosing everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

I hate to destroy the rest...seems like such a waste

OR, you could hook me up, and I can help you stay w/in the legal limit by helping with some of your overages. :thumbsu:

don't trash none that's crazy talk, I can smoke again so I could use some..:bong2:

Trix

I second what Trix just said. LOL!

In all seriousness, as your wife's caregiver you can possess 2.5 ounces and she can as well.

Don't do anything stupid like trying to think this is a "get rich quick scheme" and sell to your friends and neighbors.

Loose lips sink ships.

Welcome to the site.

Mizerman

ok, my take. you also become a pt (if you can legally that is)

even if you dont smoke, as a pt, you could then hold up to 5 oz, 2.5 for you both.

sure you could then grow/have 24 plants available, but it doesnt say you have to have 12 each, just up to.

what i am planning ondoing. is growing 2 plants, starting every 2 months, on a rotation. so once my 1st pair are cropped, 2 months later the 2nd pair will be ready to crop, then 2 months later the next pair is ready for harvest. ect... now im only estimating my personal use here. 2 plants maybe plent, not enough, or way to much, if i think, if i get decent yeild, 2 plants ever 2 months will give me plenty of useable for my needs.

what i plan to do if i have overages, and this may work for you, and i would say if you CAN do it, and have faith the Medicine is of good quality, im going to find a pt or 2, that are in dire need of inexpensive/free meds. like a cancer pt or such, who is medically poor, and help them with any overages i can. with any luck, im hoping i can have enought ot cover 2 pts, besides myself.

but if you have a legal ability to get a card, i would suggest you do so, even if you NEVER use it.

Hello All,

I am new to the medical marijuana world and will have many questions, but for now I just have one. I am planning on becoming my wife's CG.

If I understand the law correctly it says that she is allowed 2.5 oz of usable meds, and allowed 12 plants aside from that.

This is a joke, cause from what I understand the average plant could produce 2.5 oz each, so soon as I harvest her 12 plants I (or she?) is instantly a criminal in violation of the law.

What do i do with the excess? I am not really interested in selling to dispensaries because I have met a few people who have been pulled over and busted even though supposedly they were legal. I just don't need all the government drama in my life. Nor do I want to become a CG at this point for any one else for fear of some gung ho, corrupt prosecutor trying to make a name for themselves. I have a very high profile job and need to protect myself and wife from loosing everything.

Thanks!

Maybe try planting what your patient needs. The Act says you can have 12 doesn't mean you have to.

Many Patients/Caregivers are looking for overages, when they are between their harvests. You can find them at the local meetings and clubs.

You can plant one seed or clone per week. After 12 weeks, or so, you will have a nice set up. Every week, at that point, plant/clone one..... and kill one.

Easier said than done, but it will save you the "problem" of having too much.

You can make oils, hash, or tinctures. Great way to reduce the weight, but keep the THC.

You can make Medibles, but Leo will weigh the brownies, and they are heavier then the meds. Not fair, IMHO.

Should a Caregiver/Patient contact you, and should you meet up, make sure they have a current Card, and matching picture I.D.

Peace !

Hello All,

Thanks!

Yeah LOL may be a good idea to plant more than one plant to cover your first 2.5 cuz not everyone can avg that on their first run. :o

I would consider that a very optimistic avg for the majority of small indoor patient grows.

Good luck with your adventure I guarantee you are going to love the ride.

I recommend doing some reasearch in the growing forums on this site. Loads of excellent growing information for anyone starting out.

ok, my take. you also become a pt (if you can legally that is)

even if you dont smoke, as a pt, you could then hold up to 5 oz, 2.5 for you both.

sure you could then grow/have 24 plants available, but it doesnt say you have to have 12 each, just up to.

what i am planning ondoing. is growing 2 plants, starting every 2 months, on a rotation. so once my 1st pair are cropped, 2 months later the 2nd pair will be ready to crop, then 2 months later the next pair is ready for harvest. ect... now im only estimating my personal use here. 2 plants maybe plent, not enough, or way to much, if i think, if i get decent yeild, 2 plants ever 2 months will give me plenty of useable for my needs.

what i plan to do if i have overages, and this may work for you, and i would say if you CAN do it, and have faith the Medicine is of good quality, im going to find a pt or 2, that are in dire need of inexpensive/free meds. like a cancer pt or such, who is medically poor, and help them with any overages i can. with any luck, im hoping i can have enought ot cover 2 pts, besides myself.

but if you have a legal ability to get a card, i would suggest you do so, even if you NEVER use it.

as a c.g/pt for your self you can only have 2.5 not 2.5 extra for you, just your pt's you maybe a c.g but to you you are a pt growing your own 12 plants, a pt can have 2.5 and 12 plants! I dont see it say a pt can have 2.5 cured for storage, 2.5 usable for use and 12 plants did you? but in the end you will be able to have your 2.5 and her 2.5 storage, and she can have 2.5, so that gives ya 7.5 close to a1/2 lb legaly with just you and her!

Just thought id point that out, I have been trying to scam a way to get the max out of grows and be able to take care of anyone in true need, and connect from county to county c.g/pt to c.g/pt! the strains available would be awsome, its not about the money, every one has to at least cover their cost and their own meds, after that its upto the individual c.g what they want to do with there pts. the only thing you need with your connected c.g/pt is an understanding of price at all times unless additonal expense comes up that no one can help! but every one needs several back up plans, and they can all be legal and not involve a dispense, the c.c's will come in handy for people to learn! and be with others that are like you!

if you have a problem it should never become the pt's problem, it is the c.g's responsiblity to make sure he meets the pts needs, so it helps major to have legal pt/c.g who also has one and so on and so on, all legal transfers that is not in the gray area, your connected to who you do business with legaly!

Peace

FTW

Jim

First off - as a new grower - good luck! You'll need it to reach a successful harvest (and drying and curing..)

I am pretty sure you'll be lucky to get 1 oz per plant on your first couple of tries. I visit many new grows, and many of them fail or barely produce enough meds. You should get to a decent compassion clud meeting - to learn about p2p and how a network of patients and CGs helping each other - works. I am on my second year as a MMMP.

Really - your crop sized is limited not by the plant count - but your room size and equipment.

in flower, you will only be able to fit 3 -4 plants under each light (don't matter 1,000 or 600watt or a T5 board)

In a room about 8'x 14' - you will likely just have two lights. Now - that leaves you in theory - with only room for 8 plants (talking 5-6ft plants you want to get 2+oz from)

You'll want to use some of your 12 plant count for cloning and mother plants. You Do Not Want/Need to be over plant count. You can do this legally, within your legal plant count. The worst thing you can do is grow more than you are legally allowed, any cutting - taken and inserted into a cube for cloning - is considered Manufacturing. You are only allowed to manufacture 12 plants at a time, per patient.

My grow example - 4 plants, 3-4 feet tall (into flower), 4 vegging plants, 4 clones. This is a grow with Wonder Haze, Pineapple Express, and Mango Kush, a nice variety for day and night meds. Not all strains harvest the same week, so you will pull down and dry one plant or two at a time - you can even leave the other plants in a dark room for 36hhours, this gives you time to process, dry, and transfer the meds. You don't harvest all at the same time.

Get your advice for as many decent people as possible, learn from those that are doing it.

-DN

Archived