Felony Drug Charges Filed

The law does not require a card.

This is why the largest prison population in the world, by far, exists. Good people turn their heads each and every day and allow the incarceration of criminals that have NO VICTIM for the profit of the prison systems.

I will not stand by quietly as more of my fellow citizens are dragged off and locked away to fill the fat cat elites pockets. Especially when it is medical.

1 out of every 115 U.S. citizens is in jail.

Upwards of 40% of those are in prison for 'victimless' crimes... mostly 'drug' related.

Serbia has 1 in 700 people in jail.

We as a country have made a 'business' of incarcerating people.

That money could be much better spent on infrastructure, schools, health care, etc.

Only in America!

alright here were go.

Yes it's a plant. It's also a controlled substance. Should it be a controlled substance?? Obviously, yes it should. Just like alcohol and tobacco. Should it be outright banned? One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is no it should not be banned outright. Let me know if you think children should be allowed to consume medicine without a qualifying condition./

I'm not permitted to be a caregiver. I know there would be consequences if I chose to rent an office and sell and grow cannabis out of that office. Mr. Rice may have been a qualifying patient at the time of the raid. He was not a registered qualifying patient.

I enjoy living in a society of law and order. Believe me I don't agree with many laws and ordinances. And if I break those laws and get caught I expect that there will be consequences. Mr. Rice decided he wanted to sell weed for profit. He knew that Ann Arbor was very tolerant of dispensaries. He didn't think he would be caught. I don't know that he thought far enough ahead to the point, if he did get caught what the consequences would be.

Do I think the man deserves to go to jail for 14 years or even one for supplying medication to sick people or even using it himself? Of course not.

I'm a realist and a pragmatist. I know that if I decided to set myself up as a distribution point (FOR PROFIT!!!), and got busted I would have zero protection under the law.

Oh and yes if a dispensary is charging $20 a gram for medicine (which they do all day) they are charging as much or more than illegal drug dealers. They get what they get.

Show me someone running a dispensary to provide safe/affordable access to people in need.

Mr. Rice I wish you all the luck with your case. I will not go to any of your hearings. You are nothing but a drug dealer imo. No different than the guy selling dimes of cartel schwag on the corner.

If there are any registered qualifying patients that were working within the law and are being prosecuted I'll be there all day and will even be willing to contribute to their defense fund.

how ya like me now?

You are in error on that point.

The only limit for weight or plant count in the AD section of the law is a "reasonable" amount.

12 and 2.5 only apply to the ID card section of the law.

Your right on that, AD does not establish a plant count or weight, except in that what is reasonable to provide uninterrupted supply to the patient. I believe the intent/spirit of the law is to provide a defense for someone who really needs it, carded or not. The plant count and weight even with a card is just what should be passed by LEO, and if you have more than that AD steps in and a judge decides if you are a 2 bit dealer or just providing for your PT beccause you can only harvest once a year.

Let me know if you think children should be allowed to consume medicine without a qualifying condition./

how ya like me now?

The kid statement is ridiculous. I am for legalization to protect children who are at risk because of prohibition. A kid can get drugs much easier than a beer. Those who think prohibition protects children are ether intellectually dishonest, ignorant of the facts, or brain washed.

Registration is irrelevant, go back and read the ballet language and the appeals cases. Matter of fact you have more rights as a non-registered patient according to the current interpretation of the appeals cases. If you are registered, you are limited to section four guidelines and not allowed the affirmative defense(hopefully the supreme court corrects this erroneous interpretation). If you are not registered you are allowed what is reasonable through the affirmative defense. He was operating with the approval of Ann Arbor. Ann Arbor has more laws on the books about medical marijuana that allowed him to operate as an unregistered patient. He was a P transferring to P in a building approved by the city of Ann Arbor. P2P is ether legal or not. He may or may not have had overages.

Until the facts come out otherwise, he deserves my support.

P.S. you are allowed your opinion and I do not dislike you for it. Differences in opinions is what makes an organization like the MMMA strong. It becomes a think tank allowing all to hear different ideas and form an opinion based on extensive knowledge.

Your right on that, AD does not establish a plant count or weight, except in that what is reasonable to provide uninterrupted supply to the patient. I believe the intent/spirit of the law is to provide a defense for someone who really needs it, carded or not. The plant count and weight even with a card is just what should be passed by LEO, and if you have more than that AD steps in and a judge decides if you are a 2 bit dealer or just providing for your PT beccause you can only harvest once a year.

Lets see .. say I'm a poor patient that can't even afford the license fee.

I can't afford lights and even if I could, I couldn't afford to pay the electric bill ..

The only way I can grow for myself is if I grow outdoors.

My pain level requires me to consume an ounce per week.

Fifty two ounces for personal use as my uninterrupted supply.

I've known people that consumed one ounce per day.

Lets see .. say I'm a poor patient that can't even afford the license fee.

I can't afford lights and even if I could, I couldn't afford to pay the electric bill ..

The only way I can grow for myself is if I grow outdoors.

My pain level requires me to consume an ounce per week.

Fifty two ounces for personal use as my uninterrupted supply.

I've known people that consumed one ounce per day.

PB, I am not trying to argue with you. IN your example AD would cover you to have 52, heck imo 60+ oz in that case. And I totally think it should. However, if you have 60 oz, and your producing 20 oz a week, and you only use 4 oz a week personally, and your selling it, how can you say your covered under AD? AD wasn't created to protect dispensaries, it was there to protect the truly ill.

I do not believe the spirit or intent of AD was to allow someone to sell 15 oz a week for $20/gram. The spirit and intent of AD was to protect patients that just like you said, can't get a card.

Posted: Jan 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM [Jan 21, 2011]

Livingston and Washtenaw Narcotics Enforcement Team officers raided a home on Nixon Road in Ann Arbor Thursday night, seizing at least 3 pounds of what they believe to be marijuana, some pills and an undisclosed amount of cash, Det. Lt. Phil Menna said.

Officers executed a search warrant about 9 p.m., but no one was home at the time, Menna said.

The man who is under investigation is a former owner of an Ann Arbor-area medical marijuana clinic, Menna said. So far, no charges have been filed, police said.

The man declined to comment this morning.

i guess we missed this one

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/more-than-3-pounds-of-suspected-marijuana-seized-during-lawnet-raid/

alright here were go.

Yes it's a plant. It's also a controlled substance. Should it be a controlled substance?? Obviously, yes it should. Just like alcohol and tobacco. Should it be outright banned? One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is no it should not be banned outright. Let me know if you think children should be allowed to consume medicine without a qualifying condition./

I'm not permitted to be a caregiver. I know there would be consequences if I chose to rent an office and sell and grow cannabis out of that office. Mr. Rice may have been a qualifying patient at the time of the raid. He was not a registered qualifying patient.

I enjoy living in a society of law and order. Believe me I don't agree with many laws and ordinances. And if I break those laws and get caught I expect that there will be consequences. Mr. Rice decided he wanted to sell weed for profit. He knew that Ann Arbor was very tolerant of dispensaries. He didn't think he would be caught. I don't know that he thought far enough ahead to the point, if he did get caught what the consequences would be.

Do I think the man deserves to go to jail for 14 years or even one for supplying medication to sick people or even using it himself? Of course not.

I'm a realist and a pragmatist. I know that if I decided to set myself up as a distribution point (FOR PROFIT!!!), and got busted I would have zero protection under the law.

Oh and yes if a dispensary is charging $20 a gram for medicine (which they do all day) they are charging as much or more than illegal drug dealers. They get what they get.

Show me someone running a dispensary to provide safe/affordable access to people in need.

Mr. Rice I wish you all the luck with your case. I will not go to any of your hearings. You are nothing but a drug dealer imo. No different than the guy selling dimes of cartel schwag on the corner.

If there are any registered qualifying patients that were working within the law and are being prosecuted I'll be there all day and will even be willing to contribute to their defense fund.

how ya like me now?

OK i have to ask do you support me and Torey?

Posted: Jan 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM [Jan 21, 2011]

Livingston and Washtenaw Narcotics Enforcement Team officers raided a home on Nixon Road in Ann Arbor Thursday night, seizing at least 3 pounds of what they believe to be marijuana, some pills and an undisclosed amount of cash, Det. Lt. Phil Menna said.

Officers executed a search warrant about 9 p.m., but no one was home at the time, Menna said.

The man who is under investigation is a former owner of an Ann Arbor-area medical marijuana clinic, Menna said. So far, no charges have been filed, police said.

The man declined to comment this morning.

i guess we missed this one

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/more-than-3-pounds-of-suspected-marijuana-seized-during-lawnet-raid/

That was the dude running liberty clinic he's also a crooked as they get I hope they do throw the book at him with a nickname like chainsaw.he came from Ohio him and tj were dealing with each other and when tj didn't pay chainsaw he came and opened liberty. And thats how it all started I was a eyewittness to all this tj also didn't pay me for the stuff that was seized amazenblue he made up that name for it.funny thing the guy he sold it to became my pateint and this was after the raid so I no he just ripped me off.so no real sympathy for either of these 2

That was the dude running liberty clinic he's also a crooked as they get I hope they do throw the book at him with a nickname like chainsaw.he came from Ohio him and tj were dealing with each other and when tj didn't pay chainsaw he came and opened liberty. And thats how it all started I was a eyewittness to all this tj also didn't pay me for the stuff that was seized amazenblue he made up that name for it.funny thing the guy he sold it to became my pateint and this was after the raid so I no he just ripped me off.so no real sympathy for either of these 2

I remember now chainsaw i even think he maid the news be for the raid something about him being a felon and opening a dispensary i also think you are right about thats when it all started

PB, I am not trying to argue with you. IN your example AD would cover you to have 52, heck imo 60+ oz in that case. And I totally think it should. However, if you have 60 oz, and your producing 20 oz a week, and you only use 4 oz a week personally, and your selling it, how can you say your covered under AD? AD wasn't created to protect dispensaries, it was there to protect the truly ill.

I do not believe the spirit or intent of AD was to allow someone to sell 15 oz a week for $20/gram. The spirit and intent of AD was to protect patients that just like you said, can't get a card.

My point is that ID should not be a determining factor in the ability to do a p2p transfer.

In the AD section, transfers are a listed thing protected by that section.

I think you might imply something about intent. ie growing more than you use.

Please note that section eight of the law protects both unlicensed patients AND caregivers.

The key is understanding that nearly anything that will cause a benefit to patients is protected.

Does selling that excess to a patient allow that patient to receive the benefits of the medicine? If so, it is most likely protected.

My point is that ID should not be a determining factor in the ability to do a p2p transfer.

In the AD section, transfers are a listed thing protected by that section.

I think you might imply something about intent. ie growing more than you use.

Please note that section eight of the law protects both unlicensed patients AND caregivers.

The key is understanding that nearly anything that will cause a benefit to patients is protected.

Does selling that excess to a patient allow that patient to receive the benefits of the medicine? If so, it is most likely protected.

i have been calling him all day and his voice Mag; is on so i told him i would go with him if he wants me to it's because he has no Lawyer as of yesterday when he called me

sorry i don't call you i have lost your #

Having read the above post, allow me to add a few statements.

TJ operated under the Ann Arbor Charter, thus what he was doing was legal.

His property was confiscated, but he was not arrested. The complaint was for smoking(tobacco), not marihuana.

The charges were filed after the police department was called out in a recent AnnArbor.com article.

Rice’s home was raided and confiscated on March 1. He was not a caregiver, and all patients are allowed to have plants (unless they extent that procession to a caregiver).

Under Section 8, with is listed as a quantity limit is “a reasonable amount needed to sustain an uninterrupted supply of medication”. There is no plant count or weight limit listed.

In Michigan, people with felonies CAN vote! Under the MMMA, no one is required to register with the MDCH! The MMMA does not say that a caregiver can not own a dispensary. In fact, it says nothing about dispensaries.

Bob, the 1/21 raid was on Jim/Chainsaw of the Liberty Street Clinic.

Having read the above post, allow me to add a few statements.

TJ operated under the Ann Arbor Charter, thus what he was doing was legal.

His property was confiscated, but he was not arrested. The complaint was for smoking(tobacco), not marihuana.

The charges were filed after the police department was called out in a recent AnnArbor.com article.

Rice’s home was raided and confiscated on March 1. He was not a caregiver, and all patients are allowed to have plants (unless they extent that procession to a caregiver).

Under Section 8, with is listed as a quantity limit is “a reasonable amount needed to sustain an uninterrupted supply of medication”. There is no plant count or weight limit listed.

In Michigan, people with felonies CAN vote! Under the MMMA, no one is required to register with the MDCH! The MMMA does not say that a caregiver can not own a dispensary. In fact, it says nothing about dispensaries.

Bob, the 1/21 raid was on Jim/Chainsaw of the Liberty Street Clinic.

Now I really feel bad for him. Our confiscation laws are anti-American.

I remember now chainsaw i even think he maid the news be for the raid something about him being a felon and opening a dispensary i also think you are right about thats when it all started

That was the first dispensary I ever went to... "Liberty 420 clinic"

This was the same guy that was robbed as well right..

Trix

OK i have to ask do you support me and Torey?

I'm just like you bad hip and all. I don't want your personal fight. I live in one of the cities that you have filed suit against. I figure It doesn't matter anyone can track my ip. You do still need a warrant to get the info behind it last I heard (or did they re institute the patriot act when I wasn't looking). Anyone who I view as a real victim of the system I'm 100% behind. I'm 100% in favor of legal collective grows. I'm for the ability of someone who is a upstanding member of the community (sorry no drug felons) to be able to license a retail outlet. It cost what it costs at that point.

I really think the law needs to be better defined. I have questions and I've read it over and over with multiple people to offer different interpretations (unlike your judge). I see real issues with safe and affordable access for the people that really need it. I shouldn't be unclear on if I can/should grow or not. I'll say it "I'M NOT GROWING". I'm scared and this is why.......

So, I see a potential raid on my home going like this...they bust down my door (been there done that). My dogs get a little excited, they both get executed immediately. My kids are in the front room so they see everything. After that I'm thrown to the grown cuffed and kicked. They search the home and find no weapons and very little medicine I show them my card and they take all my medicine anyway. As they leave my wife looks at me and says "this is all your fault". At that point I would, I'm sure be given the opportunity to clean up 180lbs of murdered dog before I'm asked to leave my home forever. Then I get to see my kids how often and under what conditions.

A note to law enforcement: most things with regard to this community could be better handled with a polite knock on the front door

I don't like feeling like a criminal. I choose not to associate with criminals. If you got California grown medicine, you are a criminal. When I go to a "compassion club" and see they got nogs with guns guarding the stash(don't get me wrong I know you got to have security) and the place is camera'ed out (but none of them are pointed anywhere near my car). I don't have anyone watching me get to my car, I take issue with that. You got lots of jar clink'n in your bag (fresh from the mail not a local grower), but it's $25 a g if I want to try. Guess what I don't! (sorry had to get that off my chest obviously not referring to bob).

I thought the thread was "victims of the system". I feel Mr Rice was aware that Ann Arbor wasn't busting dispensaries and he saw that as his opportunity to slang some smoke. It would have cost him $25 to register, $100 at the most. Why didn't he? I think the antisocial personality disorder the might carry weight. He's going to try and hide behind the law and I don't see how it offers him any protection.

So, would put him into the opportunists looking to get over on people section?...that may be way too harsh. I'm going to start that thread. maybe, we call all share our bad experiences and slander people and establishments on the internet....maybe that's not a good idea.

sorry if you think I'm an donkey or a troll for not being kinder to our fallen brother. I don't know the dude obviously you do.

Please no one get me wrong. I don't wish bad on the guy. If it seemed like he was just minding the shop and this was the only job he could get ok, I get that. Make me believe the guy was an unwitting dupe(that's a good defense btw). It was his shop! He should have had a card!

"It would have cost him $25 to register, $100 at the most. Why didn't he?"

I can understand that it shouldn't be a question if your operating a dispensary, but my own stance is I'm legal with or without my card.

I personally don't want to renew mine, for the simple reason the MM card isn't even considered legal in most of these court cases, and it surely has done me no good thus far in my court case.

I have to wonder would having his [ legal ] card at the time make a difference in the outcome? I believe it would have ended up the same way, in the court system..

Trix

I'm just like you bad hip and all. I don't want your personal fight. I live in one of the cities that you have filed suit against. I figure It doesn't matter anyone can track my ip. You do still need a warrant to get the info behind it last I heard (or did they re institute the patriot act when I wasn't looking). Anyone who I view as a real victim of the system I'm 100% behind. I'm 100% in favor of legal collective grows. I'm for the ability of someone who is a upstanding member of the community (sorry no drug felons) to be able to license a retail outlet. It cost what it costs at that point.

I really think the law needs to be better defined. I have questions and I've read it over and over with multiple people to offer different interpretations (unlike your judge). I see real issues with safe and affordable access for the people that really need it. I shouldn't be unclear on if I can/should grow or not. I'll say it "I'M NOT GROWING". I'm scared and this is why.......

So, I see a potential raid on my home going like this...they bust down my door (been there done that). My dogs get a little excited, they both get executed immediately. My kids are in the front room so they see everything. After that I'm thrown to the grown cuffed and kicked. They search the home and find no weapons and very little medicine I show them my card and they take all my medicine anyway. As they leave my wife looks at me and says "this is all your fault". At that point I would, I'm sure be given the opportunity to clean up 180lbs of murdered dog before I'm asked to leave my home forever. Then I get to see my kids how often and under what conditions.

A note to law enforcement: most things with regard to this community could be better handled with a polite knock on the front door

I don't like feeling like a criminal. I choose not to associate with criminals. If you got California grown medicine, you are a criminal. When I go to a "compassion club" and see they got nogs with guns guarding the stash(don't get me wrong I know you got to have security) and the place is camera'ed out (but none of them are pointed anywhere near my car). I don't have anyone watching me get to my car, I take issue with that. You got lots of jar clink'n in your bag (fresh from the mail not a local grower), but it's $25 a g if I want to try. Guess what I don't! (sorry had to get that off my chest obviously not referring to bob).

I thought the thread was "victims of the system". I feel Mr Rice was aware that Ann Arbor wasn't busting dispensaries and he saw that as his opportunity to slang some smoke. It would have cost him $25 to register, $100 at the most. Why didn't he? I think the antisocial personality disorder the might carry weight. He's going to try and hide behind the law and I don't see how it offers him any protection.

So, would put him into the opportunists looking to get over on people section?...that may be way too harsh. I'm going to start that thread. maybe, we call all share our bad experiences and slander people and establishments on the internet....maybe that's not a good idea.

sorry if you think I'm an donkey or a troll for not being kinder to our fallen brother. I don't know the dude obviously you do.

Please no one get me wrong. I don't wish bad on the guy. If it seemed like he was just minding the shop and this was the only job he could get ok, I get that. Make me believe the guy was an unwitting dupe(that's a good defense btw). It was his shop! He should have had a card!

I don't want your personal fight

are fight is not personal we have helped many people that were waiting for their cards and had their Rec's be for they got raided don;t get me wrong but the card wont help any one but i would not tell anyone not to get it

soon the MMMA may have their own registry program so that we can stop sending are money to the State at least the MMMA will put that 5 million dollars to work for the sick and that is why we / us want and all the Lawyers and the PA's talk about are case because we were Legal and they no it other wise we would be inn jail IMO

I don't want your personal fight

are fight is not personal we have helped many people that were waiting for their cards and had their Rec's be for they got raided don;t get me wrong but the card wont help any one but i would not tell anyone not to get it

soon the MMMA may have their own registry program so that we can stop sending are money to the State at least the MMMA will put that 5 million dollars to work for the sick and that is why we / us want and all the Lawyers and the PA's talk about are case because we were Legal and they no it other wise we would be inn jail IMO

Its time our officials stopped wagging tongues about being tough on drugs regarding medicinal marihuana in Michigan and questioned why this program isn't being accepted and run in the interests of qualified patients period . . Due to discrimination it may be necessary to amend Michigan's Compiled laws on marihuana for qualified patients to NEVER apply more then a misdemeanor up to a certain threshold or some other sort of remedy to combat the discrimination and injustice from those that morally oppose patients in disregard to protecting them from harm .

Archived