Editorial: Dazed And Confused

http://www.freep.com/article/20110403/OPINION01/104030489/0/FEATURES08/Editorial-DAZED-CONFUSED?odyssey=nav|head

Of marijuana, two things can be said with confidence:

• A significant majority of Michigan voters believe doctors should be allowed to prescribe the drug for patients to whom it provides relief from illness and pain.

MISINFORMATION kills me :P

So far the state has authorized about 64,000 patients to use marijuana and another 25,000 caregivers to grow and administer it. More than 24,000 applications are still pending --

And how can a state that is scrapping for money to provide the most basic government services pay for the bureaucratic machinery required to make it all work?

Odd, how will they pay for it. even assuming that half of the applicants are on social security of some sort, the PT's have given the state 4 million dollars, just for the ones already processed. Another 1.5 million in pending, and that doesn't even look at renewals.

$5.5 million for an office staff of 10 over 2 years. I know lots of for profit companies that would love to have those numbers.

Great Comment found below article All Statute Law MUST be rewritten to reflect the will of the voters whose intent was to blanket protect citizens who had a recommended medicinal need or use for marihuana whether declaired before or after investigation / arrest if so evidience was substantiated .

Zski54 11:12 AM on April 3, 2011

Wow, who thinks this is a statue law??..

http://www.legislatu...cl-Constitution

The "People of the Sovereign State of Michigan", legally passed a Constitutional Amendment!!.. The elected representives and policing authority MUST look to it first, before ANY STATUE LAW!!.. The statue laws MUST comply and be subordinate to the "contract that shifts a small amount of sovereignty from "We The People" to the central government".... The CONSTITUTION of Michigan.. The problem does not lie with the Sovereign People, but with those political & policing agencies that resist change. They continue to act like a 2 year old whose parents have removed a toy..... ploting selfish revenge....

CedarSprings is spot on! I'll take the cash and administer this program! LOL

I agree with you on the surface but the truth is these crooked officials that will not follow the MMMAct receive hundreds of millions in prison , jailed inmate , substance abuse , forced drug testing , dual diagnosis professional fee's and other subsidies/professional income , It is big business in treatment . I have seen offenders sentenced to weekend substance abuse classes where people walk with open grocery bags collecting $40 daily in cash from each victim only to then say " Don't leave home with your stash ". I have witnessed in person people humiliated by having to pee with their pants or skirt to their ankles with any sex watching as a attendant and others walking within veiw this behavior has to stop . Arrest further ripples into unemployment and the underground economy for vitims . The spillover costs are immense . This amount of money is a drop in the bucket to what is at stake for law enforcement , the judicial system and all their professional and Government cronies . It's time the people not only voted for our Act but have justice .

MaY 25th Lansing be there !!!. This is the Protest for Patients and Everyone can become injured or sick . So it Applies to all Citizens . If your working take the day off there is a patient that is too sick to attend you need to stand up for . We should make a list and read their names if their brave enough to give them or atleast a minute of silence .

How do we get the message out that every Michigan Citizens future/freedom is at Stake ? It is bad enough the Free Press cannot write a accurate article of fact in accordance with the act and conditions we face . When will they write about our May 25th protest so all Citizens who desire can plan and participate from this and any State .

Archived