What Happened To Phaq?

mibrains

i know i have been crazy busy these past few weeks, but i was wondering why my friend phaquetoo was banned?

i know he had a ruff spell and disappeared for a while...but what happened?

i am requesting a mod or someone to direct me to the thread or comments, or behavior that was deemed offensive enough to ban phaq

please

and

thank you.

he was banned for advertising a competing sight in his signature. competing for what I don't know. I'd tell you the site but fear banishment too!

are you serious?

for posting a link to a competition he was banned?

who did it?

which moderator or group of mods feels its ok to squash a persons right to free speech for supporting opposing community entities?

i would like to see a link to the policy page. for someone to be banned because of free association with another group...

which side are we on?

aren't we on the same side?

wait..thats the plan....encourage infighting....

WTF

i am fearful that this is unacceptable behavior from the site administration...

please let it not be so....i trust the leadership to deal with problems and misbehaviors...but.......i would like some freedom of information type questions answered if it's possible....please...

was he asked to remove the info?

what specifically was the info?

was his ban mediated or just imposed?

If you think you have freedom of speech here think again. As a mod once posted, this site is a benevolent dictatorship.

Fact is we don't own the site. It is privately owned so the owners make the rules and I guess break them if they want too.

Nobodys forcing any of us to stay here you know . :thumbsu:

seems pretty petty to me. as of today there are 22 members to that site. a few days ago, when this happened, there couldn't have been 1/2 that many. I joined last Friday and I'm 6 or 8 I think. everyone I've seen over there has come from this site. even a mod! but seriously, where/what is the deffinition of a competing site? there not selling anything. same fourms as here, same posters as here, just UNCENSERED and NO PETTY BANNING. without that it wouldn't be needed and wouldn't exist. links to OTHER forums and info sites should be incouraged! knowledge is power

Is this about the MMMA forums that someone created stealing this websites moniker? :unsure:

No it's not it is just a Unpublishable URL site as far as i know no one is stealing any thing from any one as far as i know

and Jim he spoke the way he saw things you have to give him that and i liked to read his post they were funny and to the point and as long as you dont bad mounth any one you should be able to say what you want on here and all other site's as well

What about bad mouthing the site the owners, the management, patients and the members, Bob? The mods and I were the ones who got to clean up after vender and his crew left. There were at times less than 10 people online at 8pm after they got finished with the 3MA. I would post, the very first post I read, but it bashes patients by name. You will never be able to behave that way here Bob.

Our name, is our name. We built it from the ground up through thousands of hours of hard work. I think we'll just stick by trademark law and ignore the unpublishable thing. Thanks, Bb

i don't know about that i only read post you read them be for i do so i guess theirs more to the story that i don't know about things just get out of hand sometimes on here if we all could just hang inn their for a little longer until the march on May 25th and keep the hope that we still have a Law left because the way i see it we got a 50/50 Chance

whoa...

apparently i stirred up a hornets nest...

for that i humbly apologize....

truthfully i have seen people on this site transform from far left to far right constantly over the past year and a half or so since i have been here.

the arguments for all this are well founded and deserve a place to be debated where we can all have a helpful hand in the interpretation of the direction of this organization. Joe you are amazing my friend. i only met you once but i sensed the strength and commitment in your presence.

apparently Garfield banned phaq for posting a URL in his signature that had a link to a alternative site.

is this OK? or is this censorship? I'm not sure yet....still analyzing the facts....but i am surprised tonight to learn of these anamolies...

lets hope everyone finds a peaceful common ground from which we can all steer our government into the release of our medicine.

dam it people don't forget what matters.

medicine to those who need it.

soon enough it's probably going to be over anyways because the government has their fingers in the dollars and they are about to make cents of everything they can get their hands on...

sure it will be legal..for big corps to produce behind locked doors so they can PRESCRIBE it in a safe manner with a pharmacy able to ""collect big money"" oversee the safety of its distrabution...

phaq them

it seems the rules have become if you play you pay?

lets hope not.

I'll be reading..and trying to keep an open mind...as i hope everyone will do....

whoa...

apparently i stirred up a hornets nest...

for that i humbly apologize....

truthfully i have seen people on this site transform from far left to far right constantly over the past year and a half or so since i have been here.

the arguments for all this are well founded and deserve a place to be debated where we can all have a helpful hand in the interpretation of the direction of this organization. Joe you are amazing my friend. i only met you once but i sensed the strength and commitment in your presence.

apparently Garfield banned phaq for posting a URL in his signature that had a link to a alternative site.

is this OK? or is this censorship? I'm not sure yet....still analyzing the facts....but i am surprised tonight to learn of these anamolies...

lets hope everyone finds a peaceful common ground from which we can all steer our government into the release of our medicine.

dam it people don't forget what matters.

medicine to those who need it.

soon enough it's probably going to be over anyways because the government has their fingers in the dollars and they are about to make cents of everything they can get their hands on...

sure it will be legal..for big corps to produce behind locked doors so they can PRESCRIBE it in a safe manner with a pharmacy able to ""collect big money"" oversee the safety of its distrabution...

phaq them

it seems the rules have become if you play you pay?

lets hope not.

I'll be reading..and trying to keep an open mind...as i hope everyone will do....

i know and you are probably right but we have to show up for the march on may 25 if it is going to be over then i will be glad that i stood up for are rights even if it's all over i can live with myself as long as i stand up for today

When they rip the Bud from my cold dead fingers, will they take my right to grow or for that fact any of your rights to grow. The rules are somebody has to pay. I can only beg so much. We have to be able to advertise and control who advertises on our site. Thanks, BB

true that...

fair enough...

hmmm....

but...

are you really saying to me that its about the money?

it's just i am a little offended at the word "beg" sorry maybe i am reading into this but i donated my membership dues (for the first time) happily when i had NOTHING to spare in the middle of winter and as i am self employed as a builder..well money is tight to say the least especially in the dead of winter...

and it wasn't because i ever heard you....beg.....

your efforts are worthy of a financial contribution and i was happy to oblige. as many many have...so if it's merely about the money then...

well.... i don't even know how to finish that particular sentance...

no worries...

I associate the acronym MMMA to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.

Now, to this website.

Was it an intentional move to use the same initials? Someone looking searching

for the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, whalla... there's the

Michigan Medical Marijuana Association.org

I love this site but often bite my tongue as to not get banned.

I pay my dues and make donations while trying to help all that

I can here and elsewhere in my life.

We are marching for freedom, yet freedom is limited on 3ma.

jm oh 2

I associate the acronym MMMA to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.

Now, to this website.

Was it an intentional move to use the same initials? Someone searching

for the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, whalla... there's the

Michigan Medical Marijuana Association.org

I love this site but often bite my tongue as to not get banned.

I pay my dues and make donations while trying to help all that

I can here and elsewhere in my life.

We are marching for freedom, yet freedom is limited on 3ma.

jm oh 2

please look at the top of the page. Tell me what you see.

That was not an answer Joe.

Everything has to do with money, it is laughable people think anything happens without it.

true that...

fair enough...

hmmm....

but...

are you really saying to me that its about the money?

it's just i am a little offended at the word "beg" sorry maybe i am reading into this but i donated my membership dues (for the first time) happily when i had NOTHING to spare in the middle of winter and as i am self employed as a builder..well money is tight to say the least especially in the dead of winter...

and it wasn't because i ever heard you....beg.....

your efforts are worthy of a financial contribution and i was happy to oblige. as many many have...so if it's merely about the money then...

well.... i don't even know how to finish that particular sentance...

no worries...

You own it, you should defend it! Tough titty if the others did not use the proper abbreviation early on, get another name, logo, whatever.

Here is our logo. Our trademark is MMMA 2.0 . Is it the position of the members that we should let our trademark be diluted by organizations that libel us. Are you saying that we should actually advertise for them?

The other 80% of our budget is obtained by me begging relentlessly. I'm sorry that you're offended by me begging to keep the site up and running, but that's the way it is. Now, we're talking about ten of thousands of debt, that I'm going to have to beg to repay. So I'm sorry if people working and begging to fight for your rights offend you, but that's the way it is in the real world. I don't spend my time badgering patients. I guess I'm pretty offended by your statement. You also operate a farmers market. That's what you told me. Thanks, Bb

i apologize if i offended you joe.

this is not my intent.

i do not operate a market. i am just a humble cargiver trying to provide my patients with medicine at little to no cost to them... i support my local farmers market and am involved when and where i can be.

truthfully as of late i have been off radar because the heat is on...and i have been feeling it..as i am sure everyone has been...

i don't think it's fair for us to argue about the symantics of how you aquire the funds needed to affect the changes you have been responsible for....i appriciate them, and have given more than i can afford to an a couple of occasions.

i am going to let things be as they are and just hope and pray all of us can come together and fight to keep our law as it is.

they are about to take it...i know you are right about that joe...

you can't have a 12 billion dollar a year industry and not expect them to want every cent of it... so lets all meet up and find a way to keep it real and keep it legal...

thanks

peace

Everything has to do with money, it is laughable people think anything happens without it.

it's not that i am not a realist and realize things happen because of money....

and believe me i understand the value of a earned dollar bill.....

but i thought this movement was all about the need for sick and needy people to aquire the meds they need. and not about who they get it from, or how they communicate with each other.

if phaqe advertised a website which somehow conflicted with this sites policies, then by all means he should have been punished...but banned? because he decided to associate with a group who feel austrocised from this site? because he posted a link in his signature...which by the way when i asked about it and a few(more than 2) people sent me the link in a PM and it is blocked?

this is bad policy...in general..

shame shame folks...grow up and focus on the issue...

lets fight the fights that need fighting...not the ones we are provoked into...

and as forrest gump said...

that's all i have to say about that.

Archived