Want To Get Card But...

Legally they can not find out if you have a card by record. That doesn't mean some officers aren't breaking the law, we just have to believe they aren't. I've been a card holder for 2 years and haven't been harassed at all.

If they find out you have a card, certain townships/counties may harass you, but the best option is to get your card, and then still treat it like it is illegal. Keep it low key, hidden. If they don't know, they won't harass.

There are safegaurds, written into the MMMAct to protect patients and caregivers from such intrusions. The MDCH has spoken to this concern in the past, and they said that they won't give out your info, unless the police have your card in hand. They (any official, i.e. MDCH or police) can be fined if they don't follow the law, but so far no one has tested that particular portion of our law. I have been a patient for quite a while, and the host of the Brighton Area Compassion Club since the inception of the CC idea and have yet to have run into any difficulties (knock on wood)...I feel relatively safe...Peace...j.b.

Can or do the police harass people just for having the card? Can they find out I have the card by record?

Currently no law enforcement cannot find you but understand this having the card is way better than being totally unprotected for your cannabis use if you choose to treat yourself naturally so if i were you id go ahead and apply. :mellow:

You might call it Cheap Insurance, itself a kinda contradiction of words. [ Like Free Rent ] It still is a wise investment considering not only Cannabis' numerous beneficial and therapeutic qualities , but of course, its other functions, it provides considerable Legal protections against evangelical prohibitionists and other opportunists, in our "Legal" system.

It also helps to support the many grass roots organizations that have been working behind the scenes diligently and with great risks to take back our Government from overbearing, overreaching corporations that have conspired to corrupt and diminish our livelihoods, our Lifes styles, our biggest Personal Investments our homes and for there own selfish enrichment.

Remember the great Land of Opportunity.........................turned into Land of Great Opportunists. . . . Time to set this course to New Times, the Future, Progress, Evolution, not Revolution... Rise Up and be somebody.............................

These guys are all correct just get the card and act normal don't go around showing everyone you have a card unless very close friends of course. Don't drive around with a joint in your mouth cause you have a card act like its illegal and you will be fine LOL Most everyone on here that got into trouble you find out later they were doing something illegal or pushing the limits.

I have never been hassled for having my Patient card and if it was going to happen it would of happened seven moths ago.

We were involved in a car accident on 696 at Van Dyke in Warren (no one hurt) but as we presented our Id's to the Warren LEO I didn't notice my Patient ID had stuck to the back of my drivers license.

He came back to the car handed back the driver her ID and then walked around to my side of the car handed me mine and quietly told me that my card was stuck to my license and that was it.

He never asked if we were under the influence (we weren't) or if there was any medication in the car. He could of turned the situation into something it wasn't if he had wanted to but he handled it professionally.

Have you guys read Budz-4-u's post? He was arrested in Gladwin simply because the cop knew he was a patient. He hadn't medicated in 18 hours, but that didn't matter. Their view in Gladwin is if you're a patient, you can't drive. The moral of the story is to keep a real low profile, but having a card is certainly better (sometimes) than not.

yeah it is for sure better than NOT. I would never drive after medicating I don't think I would do well. I used to get into trouble after drinking beer and driving cause I thought I was OK,, of course I was not. I knwo know after smoking or whatever I am NOT ok to drive.

Archived