A Public Nuisance Suit Against Northeast Michigan Medical Marijuana Compassion Club & Utilized Space

Utilized Space is NOT A DISPENSARY!! Medicine is NOT dispensed through US, Private Events are that, PRIVATE. Learning, teaching, fellowship and Support!!!

At 6:15 last night during our public meeting, 3 armed police officers came and interrupted the meeting to talk to me in private, at that point I went outside and spoke with the detective and officers. They served me with ''preliminary injunction papers, and Complaint for a temporary restraining order, order to show cause, preliminary injunction and permanent injunction''. So it was curiously interesting that they came in with such a show, 2 fully dressed, sun glasses, hats and hand on the holster, and one just casually walking up with a trapper keeper... To hand me Civil papers for being a Public Nuisance, while helping patients, and families in need. The list is long on how I have been helping many in the surrounding area's. If that is their definition of a nuisance I think they need a new dictionary. Everyone talked about and encouraged getting our own space to use to teach and learn and Network. The building comes, everyone is still secretly involved, supporting it in the background while not participating. Not coming to the meetings, or events, We have more then 100 current paying members, many members info I did not receive when compassion club was transferred over to me, so the number is bigger. But where is everyone?? There is a few that still come around, but it seems that the more people run and be scared, the more the troopers are falling back. Venita, owner of V's Vibe said that most likely around mid july, she will not be able to continue being there. She is scared now, along with many others, but WE NEED TO STAND STRONG!! Thats why they put on that show, they want us to be scared and chill in the background and stay hidden. We should NOT have to be scared, we are NOT criminals, we ARE sick and use Medical Marijuana to have a better quality of life. .....

Each and every patient or caregiver is an advocate for this movement! We need to be working together not trying to cause problems. We will lose our rights to use this Medicine if we abuse the law, or cause inner turmoil when she herself is a card holder, why bring the heat?? if we allow them to close down a safe and secure space where people can go to get informed our rights are being violating by not allowing us to meet and have support!!!!

EVeRYONE, patients, caregivers, family members, people that support having Marijuana as a choice need to speak up also. High Noon July 12th, 2011 Come support Medical Marijuana Patients, They need to LEAVE US ALONE, were legal, the people have spoken, we need a safe place to go!!!I could rant and rant all day. So back on task! I need Feedback, I will fight for all of you patients in this to keep this going so yall have a place to go whenever!! So the information and certifications and workshops can still be available, so you can still safely network...!! I want to know what everyone thinks, go forward or hide and let our law be changed and our rights taken away a little more!!!

WE ARE STILL OPEN!!! COME ON IN AND HELP IN THE OUTSIDE COMMUNITY GARDEN OR HELP WITH DIFFERENT PROJECTS WITHIN THE SPACE!!!!! GOOD COMPANY IS ALWAYS A BONUS!! :)

PEACE

Bethany

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome " Bethany "

You Know that I Know , I've been supporting the

Northeast Michigan Medical Marijuana Compassion Club

way back when Marty was running the Group .....

And I've continued to support you on this new adventure ...

From Day One my concern has Always what would happen

to the Support of the club once there was a Split ?

Not that it is your Fault ... Because I have had to deal

w/ it at our club .... It does'nt take much to get CHIT

Stirred up w/in the Group ... and Members just not return ?

Local Groups Not Supporting other Groups ?

People going to Groups just to stir CHIT and

Not Give a F#ck what harm they just cause for the entire Group ...

Trust Me ... I fully understand how you feel ....

It goes ALOT Deeper then this ...

There's a Chit Load of Self-Centered ,Mean ,

Hateful People out there ...

It DriVes mE CraZy ... It just does'nt make sense ?

I personally feel that " Farmer Markets " are the Best thing

for Patients and Caregivers if Ran Properly ...

Yes ... It should be a place where Card Holders can Meet ...

A place were people can Fellowship ... Talk ...

A place to find help if you need help Growing ...

Need help finding meds for Free or a a reasonable compensation ...

A place were people adopt Road Side Highways and give back

to the Communities that we live in ...

I know you guys have a Highway and So does

the Atlanta Compassion Club ...

We made Baskets to give away at Christmas time ...

So did the Northeast Michigan Medical Marijuana Compassion Club ...

These are the things you NEED TO SHOW THE COURT ....

Now ... heres the problem :

Where are the People ?

Where are their Support ?

I could fill this whole post w/ a CHIT LOAD of People that use

to be around and where'd they go ?

I tell you where they went :

They just don't care ...

They just don't come around ...

They've got their little click of people and

their all happy in their own little world ...

People get pizzed over the smallest CHIT ....

and the sad thing is that it EFFECT THE WHOLE GROUP ...

one way or another ...

What SucKz it that Some People have given their Heart and Soul

into building a Compassion Club or a Site , Farmers Market

and All it takes is a hand full of BONEHEADS to ripp months

of Hard Work apart ...

You would think that people would find away to stick together ?

Bethany ... I have Not given up on You ....

I just have been Busy trying to hold this end up ....

It 's Not Easy ... But Im NOT Giving up ....

YOU KNOW I WILL BE THERE for YOU ...

I need your Support here too ...

Our Groups NEED to SUPPORT EACH OTHER ...

We all may Not have the Same Hopes and Dreams ...

But We All NEED Each other ...

How we are going to do this is Beyond Me ?

I too am lost for Answers ....

But Im Not Allowing those BONEHEADS to Ruin all our hard work ...

Thank You for finially posting .... I've been waiting Patiently ...

God Willingly people will open their eyes and understand

We Can Not do this Alone ... We Need Everyone Support ...

I not going to Beg ...

I 'll fight them Alone like i always have my ENTIRE LIFE .....

You owe me a Hugg " Bethany " :bighug:

Compassion Clubs and Farmers Market are SO IMPORTANT ...

These are what the PEOPLE want Caregivers and Patients

to get involved in supportive activities w/ each other ....

We try to provide a place where people can fellowship (talk)

meet new Friends or find a Good Caregiver w/ QUALITY MEDS ....

A place where patients can go to get relief by allowing them

to smoke marijuana without fear of prosecution.

A place where they can learn how to Grow ...

A place where they can learn how to make Eattable Meds ....

How can these types of place be a PUBLIC NUISANCE ?

We form Groups , So We can be for once in our life

a ASSET to our Community ....

A place where we can feel LOVED ....

A place to just get a simple Hugg ....

A place where WE FEEL NEEDED ....

A place where we can find Someone that Understands US ....

How can people not see this ?

Why won't People Stand UP AND FIGHT for this ?

Once we got a building to use for our club, a very short time later, LEO raised it's ugly head and came to a meeting armed (like they needed guns for us old sick farts) and in a full harrsasment mode display of ignorance and intolerance, and threatened arresting us to halt P2P from happening in our club. We complied reluctantly.

Then a few days later we were hit with being a public nuisance and are now fighting an injunction to have us shut down. Our first court date in July 12th in the Alcona county courthouse in Harrisville MI. I urge anyone interested in a club, that truely is an advocate for patient rights, to attend if possible. The court house is right smack dab in the middle of Harrisville, at our only traffic light, on the corner of US 23 and M 72.

It just is not Alcona county but in Iosco county we have continuous moratoriums/harassment (remember when they arrested grandma for a couple tiny plants, due to a neighbors complaint, Iosco county) and they are continually antagonizing patients. Let them know ignorance has a price, and that we will exact that price. Please do not support business in these counties that rely on tourist income. A on going joke here is to come for a weekend of fun and spend a week in jail, so be careful and mindful these folks are out to get us. We do have some decent businesses and you will know them when you see them.

If they are allowed to trample us there will be no compassion club in NE MI, and soon it will be coming your way, to your town....shredder

Mod Merge Post

I was present when the boys showed up. Took quite a bit of time to calm Bethany down, she was obviously upset. As they interrupted my clinic (multiple breaklights at the entrance, then went off, I'll be dealing with this separately due to my losses (just like Tawas). If anyone was going to that clinic, and turned around, drop me a PM so I can assess a damages amount.

Of course, I'll be there on 7-12 for the hearing.

Dr. Bob

Exactly ... Our Club Follows the 3MA guidelines ...

and So does the Northeast Michigan Medical Marijuana Compassion Club ....

Utilized Space is seperate from their Compassion Club ...

Their open on different days for different supportive activities ...

I Thank You Blueberry for all you do for our Compassion Clubs ...

and also Appreciate all the Support Dr. Bob and the Certification Crew

do for the Patients and Compassion Clubs ....

We all need to support each other , before its too late ...

While I'm not a club officer, I do know we were doing our god honest best to help patients. We would not put any patients at risk knowingly. It's tuff to juggle laws that are interpreted a myrid of ways depending on the counties prosecutor's whims. Were not lawyers, just sick and old, everyday folks. Several times over the years we have reached out to the local PA in Alcona county, he has stood us up everytime. We follow the latest, best information that is available to us. We do not accept LEO's obviously biases word on our law, as fact. The very last thing we need is to have patients arrested, many of whom are on death's door. These folks are friends and family for god's sake. Once we complied with the order/ threat to us we mistakenly thought we were clear of trouble. Our only activity is education and social events with no on site medication, but apparently they think they have us boxed in and now are piling on. There is not any medication activities going on in our club house, let's make that crystal clear. They warned us and we complied. Now they are trying to do the seemidly impossible, outlaw compassion........shredder

They have her on a $250,000 cash bond. They would not provide further details. Thanks, Joe

You are Not going to believe this ...

I just got word that her bond is $250,000.oo

HOW CHIT .....

I'm waiting on Verifidation still ....

We Posted same time ...

Oh My God Joe ....

What The Hell .... Why So High ?

I thought 3MA compassion clubs do not allow possession, consumption or transfers at the meetings?

Seems if people would just follow the guidelines there wouldn't be a problem.

3MA Organizational guide for compassion clubs

"M3A Compassion Clubs are primarily patient support groups. A place for medical marijuana patients and others to safely meet, learn, and provide mutual support — no different than any other condition-based patient support group in America. Compassion Clubs provide reliable sources of information, offer emotional support, and assists with referrals. Things people do when they are a community.

M3A Compassion Clubs are neither medical marijuana hook-up sessions nor are they a place to swap seeds or clones. It wouldn’t be appropriate for patients at an HIV/AIDS support group to break out their medications and start swapping around. It’s not appropriate at our meetings either. We must insist that no open use or transfer of marijuana, seeds, or clones be allowed during Compassion Club meetings. Clubs that allow this to happen risk losing MMMA affiliation. Transfers of medical marijuana and genetic material are private matters that can not be facilitated by the club. Conversely, what members talk about or do in private, away from the meeting, is none of our business either.

Any recreational marijuana user attending M3A Compassion Clubs looking to score will be sorely disappointed. Our meetings are open to the public and are often held in public places. The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act prohibits smoking medical marijuana in public and smoking anything — just like tobacco products — is illegal inside public buildings anywhere in Michigan. These are not smoke sessions, they are a place where people who have lived in the shadows for too long can finally come together and openly support each other."

But what do i know eh. You wander away from the reservation....

This Club was never a 3MA club, like that's supposed to make a difference. This is a group of people that do the right thing. They take care of patients. If it was you in jail, you wouldn't be posting the 3MA club charter. You'd be on the phone. So knock off the BS. This lady has a baby. Thanks, bb

How can we help this lady?

Archived