A Public Nuisance Suit Against Northeast Michigan Medical Marijuana Compassion Club & Utilized Space

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dr. Tarzan,

Let Bethany know that we are thinking of her and wish her well.

Skipper

Morning " Skipper1963 "

She knows that ... I always give her Extra Huggs

for those unable to be there ... :bighug:

It was really Great seeing Marty & Gale , Founders of the

Northeast Michigan Medical Marijuana Compassion Club last Night ...

i can't help but feel sad Dr.T

i feel like the comments about support from us over here are unfounded. those of us who decided to NOT tangle with LEO when we were outright warned should not be made to feel bad because we take a stand on the side of self preservation.

for me the thing is this...

first i was at work, but even if i wasnt, i would probably not attend this particular case. i support Bethany and helped her found utilized space. in fact we were here at my home when we concepualised the business model, and she came up with the name.

i was on-board and helping for months, cleaning, painting, scrubbing like everyone else, but...

then the problems arise. the warnings came first from confidential, yet obviously reliable sources, and then from LEO themselves. so we were warned that the county prosecutor was not on-board, and would not support us. the locals wanted us for sure, we checked with twp supervisor, zoning, and land use and they were on-board.

however, the prosecutor is in bed with Jones, and shares the same convictions and is not going away. i talked to Bethany in depth, and many times about my concerns and tried to tell her to delay the signing of the lease, and wait to open the "space" until she had a proper legal defense in place and a plan to fight them. they are holding all the cards right now, so a system of preparedness and support for a fight are warranted.

she didn't listen, which is fine with me, i only offer my advice, i don't ever shove it down anyone's throat.

those of us with this inside information, made ourselves scarce until such a time that the legal battle is over, or we are individually prepared to fight any trumped up charges simply because we follow the "self preservation" attitude and won't "call the police" on ourselves.

so.. she lost a TON of interactive support because the prosecutor isn't playing this game fair. i refuse to put myself into a situation where i could be incarcerated blindly.

my advice to her was simple, wait 6 months, get a lawyer on retainer, shove our law down their throats when your prepared to do so, that way she's on the offense, and not the defense..

she opened anyways.

sting stopped by informally and warned her.

next the sheriff stopped by and warned her.

finally they arrested her.

and for what? to prove a political point, all based on lies?... and they have strong ammo, inaccurate but strong none the less, and a "good ole by" system designed to railroad those they don't want to put up with.

so what does this all mean? well to me, it means i can not go to the club functions anymore except for the public meeting (and even that's not safe because they came and interrupted her last one).

we operated for several months before they got wind, and stepped in and shattered the dream, but they did it so now its in peril.

i met with Bethany Monday afternoon and asked her if she was ready for and what was the status of her case, she said "she wasn't sure, and had not talked to her lawyer yet".

i thought to myself...??? seriously? aren't you taking this seriously? this is a big deal, why haven't you prepared for court, why don't you have a defense pending, wheres all the "plan" to get you safe? going into court blindly is <<<INSANE>>>

i still try very hard to support the club, but every time i get ready to head over there, i am fearful.. is this the time they snag me? is this the time they raid and get everyone here? i am not in a position to defend myself right now legally that way.

the good news so far is, they haven't taken her son away yet (which is required by law when a person is charged with a felony drug charge until such case is resolved)

bottom line.....

i think people should not expose themselves to overzealous LEO until they have a proper legal defense team in place. now if a person is railroaded or caught up in a unforeseen situation and they come into my home / castle i am prepared to fight that all the way to the supreme court, but to open a business in a turbulent atmosphere only works if the township and county are on board, or unless you have the means and availability to fight.

i just had to say that we are here, we do support Bethany and the club, but we are not about to give up our freedom's when it's not the time to do so.

i pray for Bethany and her son everyday.

i pray for all of us everyday.

i am watching our federal government as they are currently trying to reclassify cannabis from schedule 1 to schedule 3.. the bills have been introduced federally, and have traction, once this changes then all this other crap about this wonderful plant will be over and our economy will BOOM.

peace.

I meant No Harm by what i said ,

Or to single out any one person ...

or any Group of People ....

I only base it on what Bethany tells me and

what i see w/ her group and our group in Atlanta ...

I can Fully understand the fear people have ...

The Court Systems can Ruin a person Entire Life ...

Jail is Not a Fun Place ...

I also base it on the support i see when i go to

other court cases like " petoskeystoned "

and when there is a Rally , Protest or a Compassion Club Meeting ...

Most time their lucky to have a couple dozen people there ....

I base it on my own Personal Experiences ...

This goes Alot Deeper and

I'd rather Not Share those feelings on Open Forum ....

There are over 100,000 Card Holders ...

Where are they ?

Maybe Im Wrong ?

Maybe Everyone should just stay home ...

Ive got my Card ...

I don't need help growing ...

I'm not having any trouble w/ the Law ...

Thats the most scariest part , But what if i did'nt know

how to get my card ? What if i wanted to learn how to grow ?

Who is going to open their home to show people ....

What about the people needing Meds ?

Who are they suppost to turn to ?

I wish i had all the Answers ...

and Yes " mibrains " , I understand that some people

just can't stick their neck out there ....

But Someone has to .....

no worries doc.

i feel better now than i did before i left for work this morning, i have been hollered at quite a bit because of stepping out and i just reacted this morning.

i still help everyone where and when i can, and stick my neck out where i feel safe enough to do so, but they came and told us to stop and vacate or else. and so i did. i know you doc do more for our movement than any one person should have to, i respect you, and appreciate all you have done for us over here. one day i truthfully do hope to have the means to travel to these court cases, and help by showing support, but my job keeps me busy, then completely drained afterwards... it's bad enough being sick, but then you add building and re roofing to this heat and i suddenly have become... what's the word... "b i t c h y" i suppose i need a snickers **smile**

no hard feeling doc.

i appreciate your help and support!

It's All Good " mibrains "

Life can get pretty rough ...

Trust me ... I understand :

3 years ago i was counting pop cans to Survive ....

till i won my Disability Case ...

Been Fighting All My Life and a Survivor ...

I don't have to have much ...

All i want is to be able to Enjoy Life ...

Help a few Friends along the way ...

Get a few Huggs from my Friends ...

I don't bother Anyone ...

I stay home for most part ,

Unless i'm able to help someone in need ...

Not all the time can i do it either ...

It just warms my heart that I'm able to be there ...

I remember MANY TIMES i was in trouble w/ the law ...

How i felt , Where were my Friend ?

I'd always be the on in jail ...

How the Courts Systems treat me like i was a Piece of Chit ...

The Community would treat me and my family like we were SCUM ...

( and not really know who Tarzan really was )

People have judged me all my Life ...

I could write a Book ...

Most people have NO CLUE how the Court Systems Work ,

Not till you go throught it yourself ...

Or how jails treat you .... or how much power a police

offer has and HOW EASY it is for them to set up ( LIE )

to get a conviction against anyone like me ...

You have No Ideal ...

I could only Imagine the difference between Bethany & I

Thank God Bethany has NEVER been in trouble w/ the Law...

My Bail would of been 100 Million Dollars .... Guaranteed

But anyways ... Its All Good " mibrains "

I too , should keep my mouth shut ...

But i just Can't Sit and Allow other to hurt My Friends

for trying their Best to Help other People ...

Thats Why I go ...

Let them Lock ME Up for helping Patients get their Meds ....

Just So You know " mibrains "

I appreciate All your able to do ...

No Matter What ...

You must protect yourself and your Family ...

I NEVER would hold that against anyone ...

Interesting bit of information about an article that is coming out this Sunday about a series of bills designed, in my opinion, to destroy the MMMA and deny patient access not only to medication, but to certification.

I pointed out only 1 in 15 doctors in Michigan have every written a certification because of the polices of their hospitals, insurance carriers, employers and the DEA/AG. I used the departments own stats to back it up and suggested that instead of restricting access, the state require doctors to write certifications ON DEMAND for QUALIFIED patients.

The response from our government officials to my experience, statistics and documentation, plus an alternative solution to fix the problem- per the reporter who questioned them?

'Dr. Bob is just trying to line his pockets by fleecing sick people.'. No response on the access or the plan to get rid of clinics such as mine that I offered. This from a Rep sponsoring the bill. Guess he didn't pay attention to the fact the department is making 8 mil in clear profit from the registration fees this year.

Yeah, Bethany knows how I am in it for the money, so do many patients I've helped. When confronted the officials don't give answers, they give sound bites. Thank God there are term limits. Maybe the next set will LISTEN to the people of their district, rather than try and force them back into the black market.

Dr. Bob

PS, the LSJ is very interested in the guest editorial, but they want it trimmed from 602 to 500 words (yes, they counted them). I think it will be published.

Thanks to Dr.Bob for all the awesome things you have done for this club. We've been working together for over a year now and I cant be happier!! I hope you know how thankfull I am for alll the great things youve done and are doing to make this work for every sick person that needs MM~~~

Ive talked to the lawyer many times, he is up for the fight and getting everything ready for the August 10th at 11am court hearing!! We are fighting this and it takes much work to put up a great fight!!!

Peace to ALL

Bethany

• 3 weeks later...

Bethany,Just know there is alot of support for you from the area and not alot of people are happy with the "Good ol Boys Club" in your area anymore.They are pushin things that are pretty unpopular-besides messin with you.The people will Vote and Fortunately the Majority will Eventually Win!

August 10th.. 11 am...

i will be there Bethany my friend...

faith is a strange thing.. a person finds it in such strange places.. not at all where i left it, but sure enough it is here.. faith surrounds us all, and i am on board to help faith be "visible"

c u wed friends...

Archived