A Public Nuisance Suit Against Northeast Michigan Medical Marijuana Compassion Club & Utilized Space

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys just got a call from Marty and went back to this thread, all I can say is wow. The amount of bond is crazy, they obviously want her punished and most likely will lower bond as soon as there is a court appearance. Does she have a lawyer? Arraignment time?

And Tarzan there is no rift, it just was/is some of us old timers took a back seat as to not get in the way of the new leadership. We did not want to back seat drive, if you will, despite the rumors you may have heard. Marty can speak for himself, but I feel safe when I say we are united, and 100% behind Bethany, and our cause, as always.

I understand this stems from an person that was trying to free her boyfriend from incarceration, so she was the eyes and ears of hunt. A fool and a tool. Most likely she lied to hunt as well as to us. She tried to get meds before she was legal but was rebuffed, now she tries this......sheeese.... What a tool.........shredder

Good Hearing from you Shredder ...

Sorry Budd...

Was'nt ignoring You ...

Phone ringing off the hook here ....

I never had a Doubt in You ...

You and the wife are some of the Best people I've

meet since i've been in this Program ...

Just miss seeing you as often as we use to ...

But i can understand ... We all need a Break at times ....

So i know this is my first post but i have been a member here for a little while and i have read quite a few posts. Anyway what i dont understand is, well a lot but putting much of that aside. from what I've read I dont get she has a bail amount but no real charge yet ? how can they set bail without a charge? btw I have only the best of wishes for her hopefully she doesn't even get charged with anything court dates are a pain :( again hopefully this gets sorted out sooner than later good luck

One Postive thing is that Bathany has

been keeping in contact w/ her Mom ...

Im Sure those phone calls are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE ...

But Bethany's is hanging in there ...

I told her Mom to tell Bethany We Love her

and will WILL Be there Friday if she's Not Released

by Thursday as Blueberry has said ....

Im bringing my PA System w/ Speakers and a Generator ....

They will HEAR US ... :thumbsu:

why don't these people see the clear and unambiguous writing as it's simply stated in the act?

look here..it's real simple...

4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

so what u might ask is medical use?

(e) "medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

so what the heck is so hard to understand? right here verbatum from the act...cut and copied. why would there be any question here? they need to read the act maybe? it's like our congressmen and senators voting for bills and laws they havent even read....

the system is pathetic and broke right now.

understand that to mount any sucsessful defense there needs to be a well planned chess style defense based not on evedence (it never is) but on what u can proove while u play in their rules. in their back yard. under their authority.

this comes down to a play on words maybe? well it's real simple. it's right there in black and white.

So i know this is my first post but i have been a member here for a little while and i have read quite a few posts. Anyway what i dont understand is, well a lot but putting much of that aside. from what I've read I dont get she has a bail amount but no real charge yet ? how can they set bail without a charge? btw I have only the best of wishes for her hopefully she doesn't even get charged with anything court dates are a pain :( again hopefully this gets sorted out sooner than later good luck

Welcome shawn m' to MMMA 2.0

Welcome to the Jungle ...

Welcome to our Justice System ...

They make the Rules ...

The Poor have No Chance to fight them

UNLESS WE STICK TOGETHER and FIGHT BACK ....

I served 30 months before i was released

for a Crime i DID NOT DO .... w/ PROFF ......

Wonder whos Next ?

why don't these people see the clear and unambiguous writing as it's simply stated in the act?

look here..it's real simple...

4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

so what u might ask is medical use?

(e) "medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

so what the heck is so hard to understand? right here verbatum from the act...cut and copied. why would there be any question here? they need to read the act maybe? it's like our congressmen and senators voting for bills and laws they havent even read....

the system is pathetic and broke right now.

understand that to mount any sucsessful defense there needs to be a well planned chess style defense based not on evedence (it never is) but on what u can proove while u play in their rules. in their back yard. under their authority.

this comes down to a play on words maybe? well it's real simple. it's right there in black and white.

Key parts of the law underlined

and sent off to leo it needs to start with leo,

they are doing this .

I'll cancel clinic tomorrow in Gaylord to attend any protest. I do not know what the charge is, but that is a huge bond. If they haven't charged her, I think they are just trying to send a message. I think the bond may change if all the charges stemmed from the public nuisance they filed on her when I was there. Looked to me like a pure p2p case, this really surprises me to the point I am speechless.

Dr. Bob

All You have to do is give US the Word Blueberry ....

Im ready to start making as many calls as i can ....

PA System is sitting by the door w/ Generator ....

I can bring few cases of water ...

I can bring 5 gallons of coffee ....

I can bring 120 hot dogs ....

Chips ...

We could use a Grill ...

I can bring Meds ...

why cant call the michigan compassion clubs start contatcting each other. Bethany, utilized space..all of us have a big problem and should work togher to fix it. Please keep us all informed on whats going on. Praying for Bethany! Shes our warrior...lets not let her down.

If I dont Hear that Bethany is Released by

5 pm TODAY ....

Less then 17 hours away ...

I will start calling all my Friends and Hopefully

they will call their Friends , Brothers , Sisters ...

I will call more News Stations ....

They Need to know that this is

OUR HOUSE ............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRE_F8spk2w&feature=related

Friday ~ June 24th , 2011

Please be there by 11 pm IF this is a go ....

We cannot do this Alone ... We Need YOUR Support !

23rd Judicial Circuit Court - Alcona County

Street Address:

Just OFF US 23 South

106 Fifth Street

Harrisville, MI, 48740

Phone: (989)724-9410

Someone with facebook, i don't , maybe post the story on 7&4 account.....upnorthlive 7&4

They 've been called and told the story ...

as best as what information was availible ...

They may come here and read this post ....

How fair is it for a person that does NOT have No Criminal Record

Get a Bond of $250,000.oo even at 10 % how can a single parent

come up w/ that kind of Money ?

The purpose of bond is to ensure a defendant returns to court.

What ? She a Fight Risk ? What she going to run w/ her daughter

because she is a Public Nuisance .... Give me a Break !

For What ? For Helping Patients w/ Information , A Safe place

to meet others that are willing to help provide support for all Patients ...

A PERSON CANNOT BE PUBISHED for helping a patient get their meds ....

The LAW Clearly say it ....

You 'd have to be mentally handicap not to see that ....

What a Waste of Tax Payers Money ...

Who was Bethany hurting ?

For God sakes i can prove that she is an asset to the Community ...

She only doing what the law say we can ... Helping the Patient ...

She's not even selling ... other patients and caregivers are meeting

together in a safe location .... PRIVATE .... out of the eye of public ...

Out in the Middle of NO WHERE ...

No Schools .... No Churches w/in miles ....

No Close Neighbors ....

She took up a Building that was falling down outside of town ...

They Painted it ... Fixed it up ... planted flowers ...

Outside veg garden .....

Are they Freakin Crazy ...

How is THIS a Public Nuisance ....

Everyone Benifits in the Community because of Compassion Clubs ....

Yet their willing to always dispensarys in other towns

w/out the threat of being arrested ?

Why is the Law good in one town ? and Not in another Town ?

This is like a Trick Question ....

It just does'nt make sense ....

Are the police , court system have that kind of extra money that they can waste

knowing fully well there has NOT been a Crime Convicted ...

They have 48 hours to Charge her ...

What ? They have to figure that out after they arrest you ?

YOU GOT TO BE CHITTING ME ...

Their pulling at straws... For what ?

Prove to Me that there was a TRUE GENUINE CRIME COMMITTED THAT HURT ANYONE ?

They Can 't ... Not unless they LIE ... and Make up CHIT as they go ....

Please People ...

We have to somehow decide right Now ...

It has to Stop NOW ... Before its YOU NEXT....

I've waited All my life for this Day to Come ...

Please Don't Let them take this Away from Us....

For some people this is Life or Death ....

I can't sleep know a Single Mother sits in jail while

we're Home w/ our Loved Ones or just simple our own Homes ...

All i can Say is that I'm Prowd of You Bethany .... :bighug:

Thank You for going All the Way for our Patients ... :blow-a-heart:

Bon Jovi- This Is Our House Lyrics

This is our time

This is our night

Are you alive?

Get up, get up, get up, get up, time to fly

Are we gonna raise the roof? (Oh yeah)

Are we gonna touch the sky? (Hell yeah)

Everybody with me let me hear you now

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

This is our house

These are my people, mister, this is my town

This is our house

Ain’t nobody know we’re gonna knock it down

(Oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh)

This is our house

(Oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh)

Are we gonna raise the roof? (Oh yeah)

Are we gonna touch the sky? (Hell yeah)

Everybody with me let me hear you now

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

This is our house

These are my people, mister, this is my town

This is our house

This is our house

These are my colors, this is sacred ground

This is our house

This is our house

(Oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh)

This is our house

Joe I know if this goes down and they don't

let her out ....

I know you will be on your way ...

Please take my offer and sleep HERE ...

We have a Nice Futon ...

I 'll cook you a Dinner ...

Money is Tight my Friend and

You and your Beautiful Wife are more

then Welcome to stay here Thursday Night ...

Your my Brother Joe ....

I got to get her mom's address ...

there are a few that want to send her Mom

some Cash to help w/ jail phone calls from

bethany and maybe a little extra to buy

Bethany's kid an ice-cream or maybe a new outfit ?

Bond Money ?

Time are tough for a Single Parent ....

I'm positive that the Northeast Michigan Medical Marijuana Compassion Club

is there for Bethany's Mom ... :thumbsu:

But it would be nice to get a address to send a little

sunshine their way ... :blow-a-heart:

All You have to do is give US the Word Blueberry ....

Im ready to start making as many calls as i can ....

PA System is sitting by the door w/ Generator ....

I can bring few cases of water ...

I can bring 5 gallons of coffee ....

I can bring 120 hot dogs ....

Chips ...

We could use a Grill ...

I can bring Meds ...

i'll bring the grill...i just filled the propane and rebuild the burner, so its workin at peak performance!

I got to get her mom's address ...

there are a few that want to send her Mom

some Cash to help w/ jail phone calls from

bethany and maybe a little extra to buy

Bethany's kid an ice-cream or maybe a new outfit ?

Bond Money ?

Time are tough for a Single Parent ....

I'm positive that the Northeast Michigan Medical Marijuana Compassion Club

is there for Bethany's Mom ... :thumbsu:

But it would be nice to get a address to send a little

sunshine their way ... :blow-a-heart:

i know where her mom and dad live, i've been there, but i'm not going to publish their address without her / their permission. but.. if folks could send some money to help i would recommend they send it to Utilized Space. 3424 F-41 Mikado Mi. 48745 care of Bethany defense / support fund. i also have bethanys paypal information, but i can't release that either without her permission...

i feel like they normally i would say that to rock the boat isn't in the best interest of any legal battle, but in this case, at this time, i think your right.... we do need to shake up their foundation and make sure they understand we will not roll over...we can organize.. we will fight to keep our rights protected !

I posted this to my Facebook "notes". I hope it is okay.

Michigan Medical Marijuana Act needs to be followed by this states employees. What I mean is, the police, the sheriffs, prosecutors, judges, ..., the people that "we" elect, need to follow the law as it was written. The sick people of Michigan that have opted for this palliative medical care are finding that if they use it and are not careful they will find themselves in jail.

Here is the case of Bethany Astorm. a young mother and leader of a compassion club in Mikado, Michigan. She is in jail as I am writing this, on a bond of $250,000.00. Bethany has never been in trouble with the law, why is the bail so high? Bethany didn't do anything wrong, she followed the MMMA to the letter; there wasn't any deviation in the law.

Last week Bethany was holding a Club meeting and Law Enforcement showed up, they served Bethany with papers for being a "pubic nuisance". The meeting was closed and everyone went home. Yesterday Bethany was arrested, the police have not charged her for anything. She goes to court today.

This is crazy, Bethany hasn't ever done anything wrong! I can't even imagine being in her shoes! She had to spend a night in jail because of over zealous police officers and who knows what else. She's a single mom for Pete's sake; I was a single mom. I know all about the trials of being a single mom, that's a hard row to hoe.

People in Michigan voted for the MMMA. The problem, as I see it, is that the folks who must follow the law, are choosing not to. The police, the prosecutors, judges, sheriffs, investigators, anyone who have to follow the will of the Michigan voters are the ones not following the MMMA.

Across the state of Michigan you will find case after case of patients being persecuted because of their use of medical marijuana. You will also find caregivers being hunted down and put in jail due to their legal right to grow medical marijuana.

People's rights are being taken advantage of, we don't know from one day to the next what we should do. The MMMA is being ripped apart by the court system, moratoriums are being put into place so we can't even have Compassion Clubs. State governments are placing new rules and regulations wherever we turn; totally disregarding what the MMMA has laid down.

The people of Michigan are coming together and saying in a unified voice, "NO, we will not settle for anything less than what our law has given to us! We rally, we write letters, make phone calls, we have leaders that speak on our behalf, we have teachers, artists, lawyers, doctors, etc... we number in the thousands, from all walks of life.

I think that the law enforcement in our area is using Bethany as an example; trying to scare the rest of the folks around here. I've never been in trouble with the law either, I am 45, I've had a speeding ticket, but that's it. Before last week, all the news was about people that lived 4 and 5 hours away from me, people that I didn't know. This news is surreal; too close to home, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, thanks for reading,

Skipper

Archived