Who Is Really Doing Anything?

With all of these new proposed ammendment to the medical marijuana law we are potentially facing thousands of sick residents of Michigan being turned into criminals overnight.

Not only is it our obligations as Michigan residents to make everyone we know aware of the state trying to make this happen, but it is also the responsibility of the PROMINENT members of the medical marijuana community to be contacting the media and getting unbiased articles out to Michigan residents who are completely unaware of the proposed ammendments and the isuues they will cause if passed.

Sure anybody can submit a letter to an opinion editorial, but this needs to be headlined! The media isn't going to listen to and interview a concerned citizen, it needs to be a prominent member of the MMJ community. Who exactly are these prominent members? What are they doing? I know there is a rally in the works on Sept. 7th but is that enough? I don't think so. I think by Sept. 7th it will be too late.

Every single person in the state who voted for this law needs to be aware of what the state is voting on in a little over a month. Right now it is pretty much a covert operation which if passed will turn a lot of innocent people into felons in one day.

But then again, there's even people on this site who makes comments like "whatever, I'll just start growing outdoors again and flood the market".. Seriously? Some people forget why we are here, if you were so happy growing marijuana illegally you should have never signed up to be a caregiver and that attitude is not what we need to have if we would like to continue what little freedom this law provides us.

I really hope the right people are doing everything in their power to get the word out on this before our short lived law is stripped away from us.

No way the fools running this state are reading any info on mmj, We need to do more then leave comments, we need to call them as much as possible over and over flood them with letters and let them know if they dont listen they wont be back in office. we will elect the other lier and thief and see what they do.

There are those of us that can show ourselves and those like myself who risk being removed from my position as a local government official. I believe everyone here is doing what they can to preserve our rights without compromising identities, risking their livelihood or having their children removed from their homes.

It’s lovely to spend time among the less maleable among us. Thank you for being who you are. Now let’s get out there. Even just sending one email a day to a governmental representative would help. It’s important to talk among ourselves. It’s even better to use these conversations to propell us into sharing the information with those who don’t yet know.

There are those of us that can show ourselves and those like myself who risk being removed from my position as a local government official. I believe everyone here is doing what they can to preserve our rights without compromising identities, risking their livelihood or having their children removed from their homes.

Thanks you for doing what you can. I understand losing the job but why would you be risking losing your children? The law was passed to protect us, what are you doing that would risk losing your children, just curious?

Well my wife has just given birth to our fourth child.....and i have already been to prison twice. I cant get a job any where with 15 year old felonies, but oddly enough i could run for most elected position....This thing that could just be a smack on the wrist for you could be a very long prison term for me. Having something to lose isnt a reason to miss the fight, its a reason to fight. Ya you could lose your job, people could die, people could lose their kids, their homes, people could go to prison, and you could lose your job. :notfair:

It appears that the judicial system and child welfare folks have not had a chance to read, or understand, that we and our children are protected by the MMMAct. There have been several instances where patients are being denied access to their children simply because they use our medicine.

Out of the 100,000+ patients that are a part of the MMM community there are maybe, at most, 300 who are currently acting on your behalf. Whether it be writting LTE's, visiting with legislators, attending protests or simply trying to unite the various egos involved, there are simply to few of us that are and have been active in this arena. Those of us who do act, are doing what we can, but resources are limited. Want to help, but can't afford to have your face exposed? Give what you can to those who are working hard on your behalf. I've been an activist for a couple of years now, paying most of the expenses of that activism out of pocket, needless to say that well is quickly running dry. There have been some individuals that have contributed to my activities, but not many. I will continue as long as I can afford to do so.

Peace ... j.b.

Thanks you for doing what you can. I understand losing the job but why would you be risking losing your children? The law was passed to protect us, what are you doing that would risk losing your children, just curious?

Patients risk losing children because CPS does not recognized or respect our law with daily blasts from prosecutors writing opinions that simply state MM is a violation of federal law.

I'm protecting myself in an attempt to move up the political food chain which would position me to push for preserving our law as written. You need to have politicians on every level who support us. The few who are in hiding like me don't have enough power to stop this smear campaign against us. This is a very complicated fight for a few of us here.

People are doing what they can, against unbelievable odds. We're up against big money and influential people who think they have the right to kick us around. Bullies always pick on the ones they perceive as most vulnerable and least likely to fight back. Money talks, but many who listen have deluded themselves with lies and a false sense of security. They may be many, but they are not right, though they think themselves righteous. A lack of conscience allows them to trade any common sense and compassion for a quick, easy income, at the expense of peoples' lives. They profit by our miseries. They forget they work for us, we are NOT their slaves. We're all doing what we can to fight the big mean machine.

Sincerely, Sb

Well I think I've done everything in my power that I can.. I have posted in every forum I frequent, I have posted the information about the proposed ammendments to the law and the protest in Sept. on my facebook as well as my wifes. I have also been networking with a CG friend up in Alcona county to get people to come down. I have sent all of the state senators and reps emails. I just got about 50 canned replys back..

So now everyone I know knows that I am a supporting member of the medical marijuana community, even a few I didn't really want to know.

Any more ideas?

See you Sept 7th.

Despite what the ostrich politicians are doing in this state, I am reading that Medical Marijuana is still supported by a majority of people in the state and that there is a good chance that California will legalize marijuana this year or next. If California legalizes, the other states will fall like dominoes. People are tired of all the mania surrounding this plant.

I thought that our law can only be modified by a super majority of legislators? Is there enough support in the state legislature to modify or repeal the law? I still think that the only place that all this will be sorted out is in the courts.

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

- W. H. Auden

Posted these before. And for the record there are more of us working behind the scenes than people realize. I have a folder on my computer with all contact info(addresses,emails,phone #'s,faxes,etc) for all my reps in Lansing, DC,local level.

I also have several different form letters pre-written that with minimal changes can be edited to fit almost anything to do with our law.

"Keyboard Activism" as its come to be called is an extremely useful way for those of us who are house bound for what-ever reason to get involved in the political process make our voices and concerns known.

But I was doing that before I was injured. I worked over thirty years raised a daughter as a single parent and still found time after work if needed every day to get involved.

Its our job also as an American citizens to be an active player and keep a watchful eye on the political processes that affect our lives everyday.

Michigan TV Stations

http://www.usnpl.com/tv/mitv.php

Click (A) for Address, phone, fax & Manager

Click (F) for Facebook

Click (T) for Twitter

Alpena WBKB (A) (T)

Alpena WCML (A) (T)

Battle Creek WOTV (A)

Bay City WNEM (A) (F) (T)

Cadillac WWTV (A) (F) (T)

Calumet WBKP (A) (F)

Detroit WDIV (A) (F) (T)