Retro Active Card Issues ?

I would think the way the law is written and the way the rules are set up if you had a card expire on August 1st 2010 and did not apply for a new card until September 1st 2010 you would not be covered between those dates. While I think that the expiration issue is being exploited by LEO it's a good idea to be sure your dates overlap rather than have a gap in coverage. Think of that card as an insurance policy. If you let your coverage lapse and have an accident then try to restore coverage after the fact you still won't be covered. This is a little different as we are talking about medicine but it seems this is how LEO is interpreting the law. And you are right it should be changed. But be safe until then. Unfortunately you are going to be something of a test in court, hopefully your attorney can sufficiently argue your case and persuade the judge to rule in your favor. You may want him to look over the affirmative defense portion. Since you did in fact have a recommendation from a physician prior to the incident you should have a solid affirmative defense. I hope all goes well for you.

I guess this is more like driving on an expired license for a couple days. Which in a situation like that you would go get it renewed, show the court maybe pay a small fine and be on your way. It doesn't seem we are getting the small slap on the hand for minor mistakes when it comes to this law. The prosecutors want to consider you a felon if you make a simple error, even though you were following the intent of the law.

MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT (EXCERPT)

Initiated Law 1 of 2008

333.26428 Defenses.

8. Affirmative Defense and Dismissal for Medical Marihuana.

Sec. 8. (a) Except as provided in section 7, a patient and a patient's primary caregiver, if any, may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marihuana, and this defense shall be presumed valid where the evidence shows that:

(1) A physician has stated that, in the physician's professional opinion, after having completed a full assessment of the patient's medical history and current medical condition made in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship, the patient is likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefit from the medical use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition;

(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

(3) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition.

(b) A person may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana in a motion to dismiss, and the charges shall be dismissed following an evidentiary hearing where the person shows the elements listed in subsection (a).

© If a patient or a patient's primary caregiver demonstrates the patient's medical purpose for using marihuana pursuant to this section, the patient and the patient's primary caregiver shall not be subject to the following for the patient's medical use of marihuana:

(1) disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau; or

(2) forfeiture of any interest in or right to property.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For section eight, the doctors letter never expires.

As long as the condition has not gone away, the patient has the condition and the doctor has "said" the patient is likely to benefit.

The fact that this patient had a gap does not mean the doctors very first doctors letter has gone away.

In fact, the patient did get a renewed card. The medical condition never went away and the doctor never changed his mind.

...would i not qualify for retro active status ? and is there even such a thing?

Sorry to hear of your legal troubles. Don't shoot the messenger but no, there is no retroactive protection for expired ID cards under our MMMAct. An ID card is valid ONLY for the dates printed on it, just like your driver license.

Let's use this thread to help other cardholders avoid being busted due to expired cards. Here's what to do. Patients and caregivers wishing to renew their ID cards need to understand that the state gets 15 days to approve or deny an application (whether new or renewal) plus they get 5 days to notify you in writing, totaling 20 calendar days for processing from the date the state -RECEIVED- your valid application. This means applicants must get a dated, signed official receipt that LARA-MMMR -RECEIVED- your application at least 20 days -PRIOR- to your current ID card expiration date. Otherwise once your ID card (and perhaps a caregiver card) expires you no longer have MMMA protection until you reapply and wait the 20 days granted to the state. That's the gap in legal protection you must avoid. In practical terms the medicine and/or plants you or a caregiver assigned to you have becomes illegal if you didn't reapply more than 20 days before expiration.

From the state's site: http://www.michigan....10_311724_7.pdf

"Michigan Medical Marihuana Registry ID Card Renewal Application Information

The renewal application form should be downloaded from our website at www.michigan.gov/mmp approximately 60 days prior to the patient's registry ID card expiration.

Pursuant to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act and General Rules, all renewal applications will be approved or denied within 15 days of receipt. If approved, your new registry ID card will expire one year from this approval date.

If you do not submit a renewal application prior to the expiration of your current registry ID card, your card will be NULL and VOID as of the expiration date. After the expiration date, you can no longer submit a renewal application. You can, however, submit a new application."

Sorry to hear of your legal troubles. Don't shoot the messenger but no, there is no retroactive protection for expired ID cards under our MMMAct. An ID card is valid ONLY for the dates printed on it, just like your driver license.

Let's use this thread to help other cardholders avoid being busted due to expired cards. Here's what to do. Patients and caregivers wishing to renew their ID cards need to understand that the state gets 15 days to approve or deny an application (whether new or renewal) plus they get 5 days to notify you in writing, totaling 20 calendar days for processing from the date the state -RECEIVED- your valid application. This means applicants must get a dated, signed official receipt that LARA-MMMR -RECEIVED- your application at least 20 days -PRIOR- to your current ID card expiration date. Otherwise once your ID card (and perhaps a caregiver card) expires you no longer have MMMA protection until you reapply and wait the 20 days granted to the state. That's the gap in legal protection you must avoid. In practical terms the medicine and/or plants you or a caregiver assigned to you have becomes illegal if you didn't reapply more than 20 days before expiration.

From the state's site: http://www.michigan....10_311724_7.pdf

"Michigan Medical Marihuana Registry ID Card Renewal Application Information

The renewal application form should be downloaded from our website at www.michigan.gov/mmp approximately 60 days prior to the patient's registry ID card expiration.

Pursuant to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act and General Rules, all renewal applications will be approved or denied within 15 days of receipt. If approved, your new registry ID card will expire one year from this approval date.

If you do not submit a renewal application prior to the expiration of your current registry ID card, your card will be NULL and VOID as of the expiration date. After the expiration date, you can no longer submit a renewal application. You can, however, submit a new application."

The law requires that ID cards be valid for one year from the date of issue.

That should be about four months after this patients Id card showed that it expired. It is common knowledge that the MDCH back dated nearly every card that was issued.

well .... me, my friend (Joe) and my fiance (Erica) were in the living room i had all of the windows in the house open and i had the curtains closed ..... the front door was open ... and the outer door on the inside porch i had removed the door to get more air flow through the house .... (so from outside no one could be visibly seen medicating with marijuana) .....

we were smoking inside and a plain clothed officer walked through our door in to our inside porch and looked inside and said could you step out side for me for a moment .... i said sure ... i told Erica and Joe i would be right back ... i stepped outside and talked to him he told me that his name was detective Todd Butler with the Kent county sherrifs department and he was here because of the marijuana ....

i told him that i was legal he asked to see my card ... i got my card and my new set of dr's paperwork ... he looked at the card and told me this is no good its expired and it doesn't count for anything and TOOK MY CARD !!!

i then showed him my set of Dr's paperwork showing that i had already been to the doctors and had my paperwork approved and mailed ... my check just did not get cashed yet at that point ...

so he told me that i was not protected under the law and that i was in illegal possession of marijuana and that he had already seen us in possession of the marijuana and so he told me that if i cooperated and let them search the house to see what i have they would do a lite search and be careful with my things and be in and out real fast or i could make him wait 45 minuets to get a search warrant and would then proceed to tear my place apart and that they may get CPS involved to take my son ...

i signed there search :( paperwork and i told him that i had almost nothing and that everything in the house was mine ... i told him that i would open my safe up and show him what i had ...

i then opened the door to my apartment and told Erica and Joe that its is the police that are here and they are going to search the house ...

with my back to the door and the officer behind me walking in Joe stood up and told them to flower off or flower you this is medicine and opened his jar and told officer Butler to take a good wiff and smell some good medication ... he showed his card ... told them i know my rights i have a good defense attorney i have done nothing wrong and that he was here to medicate and that was it ... and that he was leaving .... and proceeded to leave .... as far as i know they did not stop him .....

i then opened my safe where i had a gram of marijuana and some seeds ...

after that the 4 officers separated me and Erica ... the 2 male officers interrogated me outside the the 2 female officers interrogated Erica inside the house telling her that she could go to jail, that CPS could take our son and that if she did not tell them what they wanted to hear these things were going to happen.... while searching it .... after a few minuets 1 of the female officers came and talked to the officers informing them that Erica told them that we sold to 2 medical marijuana paitents

but the officers informed me that erica told them that we sell to these people and these amounts ...... before this information i told them i sell to nobody and that i do not break the law ....

after they told me what Erica had said i told him fine ... whatever you want to believe what she told your other officer must be the truth because i already told you my answer and that wasn't good enough for you .... officer Todd Butler then told me that he wanted the names of illegal growers that i knew and this would all go away .... i told him that all of the growers i know are "now" legal .... didn't used to be the case :) but that is the truth .... he did not like that answer and proceeded to tell me how i have got to know someone that has an illegal grow and i told him no dude .. to tell you the perfect truth everyone that i knew that grew illegally is now legal and grows there own

at this point they told me so take us to where you are growing ..... i said what >???

officer Butler said we have been watching you and know where you grow take us there let us in and we will just take the plants ..... i told him ... OK since i am "supposedly" breaking the law if i let you in you will just take my plants and no equipment ?

he told me yes we will leave your equipment alone and just take your plants .... (i figured this was my first indoor grow so as long as i did not loose my equipment i would be Ok) so i took him to my dads showed him that the house was locked ... i opened it with my key, that the basement was double locked and i unlocked the door and let them in the basement i showed them that the basement was separate from the upstairs and that they were not allowed at all in the upstairs portion of the house... he said no problem ...

we continued downstairs where i showed the officer the different stages of my grow 4 in the cloning box 4 in final drying/curing (to be hung that night) and 8 in vegetative mode for a total of 8 actual plants i showed him that the 4 plants were done and had there leaves stripped and were being baked under a HPS light to water cure/flush the flowers, 4 in the cloner to replace the ones that were going to be hung and the 8 that were arranged around the basement ... once the 4 clones in the cloner were finished they would have been pulled and placed in the the buckets where the previous 4 finished plants were just taken from ..... i showed the factor that my plant rotation is a total of 12 plants and 12 plants only but he just kept telling me how people like me are scum and are just using this new law to sell drugs and to use this as a cover story ...

they took a bunch of pictures made a huge mess of my basement and destroyed a few things and then officer Butler cam to me and told me ... well we need to take something for evidence 1 piece of equipment ... i said what ? he pointed at a cheap 600 watt light and hood and said how about that ... i said sure but not the ballast just cut the hood from the cord no problem ... they removed the hood and light and all of my clones, plants, and finished flowers/buds about 2-2.3 oz and told me that they would be in touch and gave me a card and told me to contact him with a lead for a big illegal grow to get off the hook ......

although i am sure officer Todd Butler has delt with many serious drug dealers and illegal growers in the past i cooperated 100% to prove i was legal and set a good example but he went way beyond what needed to happen he was rude, demeaning, offending, even when i did not give them 1 moment of Resistance and was truthful from beginning to end and treated like a piece of trash ...

on a side note they said they found baggies and a scale ..... duh !!!! for 1 i sell to legal medical marijuana patients 2 i have to buy it from someone so i have to weight it my self plus hell i use those same bags for coins, screws, computer parts they are convenient but yes there was selling paraphernalia i was legally selling under the area where i was assisting the patient with there acquisition of marijuana

they used intimidation scare tactics threatening me and my soon to be wife and my child if we did not give them what they wanted that we would all be leaving with them ... arrested and my son with child services .... now what other option did i have ???

i now know next time what to do .... tell them to flower off and to go and get a warrant ..... i wish police would protect and serve vs blackmail and intimidate people that are not breaking the law ...

i have broke no laws as much as they would like to believe ..... they need to look for someone else ....

im sorry this happened to you!

but you totaly messed up,,they had no business coming in your home,,you made a big mistake by allowing them in your home,,make em get a warrant,flower them all! I hope you learned something,,,in fact maybe you just need to not grow or use mm,,you are to easy to intimidate,,I have had 3 arrests a cps case and many other contacts with law enforcement and not one time did i allow them in my home,,and they couldnt get a search warrant,,,,so many people on her have told others to not fall for waht you fell for,,,if i was you id either suffer or go back on narcotics,,because you will never be free to use mm again w/o your buddy coming back to visit you!

all of this was self induced,,seems the only one that used there head got up and told leo to flower themselves and left!

Peace live and learn

FTW

Jim

Recap;

The rules say that you can't renew an expired card.

Your card WAS renewed.

That means your card WAS NEVER expired.

Pretty simply if you can get your attorney and the judge to listen to logic. Problem solved....

but does it say that anywhere in the law ? anything in print i can take to my lawyer and judge ?

thanks

Q. I never received my renewal card. Why do I need to pay the late fee?

A. It is the responsibility of the licensee to make sure that his or her license is renewed, whether a renewal card was or was not received. After the expiration date of a license, the licensee has 60 days in which to still renew a license by paying the renewal fee plus the late fees associated with the license(s) held. If the license is not renewed by the end of the 60-day grace period, the license is lapsed and the licensee must apply for relicensure.

http://www.michigan....66821--,00.html

License or relicense whats the dif? They still cost the same........

Webassassinx it really sucks that you ended up in this situation - I hope everything turns out good for you. Hopefully some others will learn from your situation. I see the police use those same tactics all the time on Cops (the TV show):

1. Tell the "suspect" that if they cooperate it'll go easier on them - Baloney. The suspect usually ends up going to jail whether they "cooperate" (i.e. admit to a crime, like on TV a lot of times it's possession of mj) or not. The only person it's easier on, is the police officer. The same goes for getting a search warrant. Make them do their job, don't help them!

2. Separating the "suspects", then tellilng them that the other one confessed to something. Like the situation with separating Webassassinx and Erica, then telling Webassassinx that Erica admitted something. Whether she did or didn't, the cops can lie and tell Webassassinx whatever they want, in an attempt to get a confession. So be aware, that just because a LEO says your friend admitted something, or if they say they have proof you did something, doesn't make it true.

there is only 2 reasons that i let them in ..... the first when officer Todd buttler told me my card was expired ... i knew that ... but i was told the second i got my Dr's Cert. that i could use that if i had any problems .... at that point when he checked out the paperwork he said that this is worthless and meaningless unless i had my cashed check and or it had been 21 days already .... so he told me that i was illegal and that he was going to take me and my girlfriend to jail and my boy to CPS if i did not cooperate .... or just leave us there if we let them search ..... do you have a child ? do you know how important they are in your life once you actually have them .... there is and was nothing that i would risk loosing my son over and since i knew that i was doing everything by the book that there would be no problem ..... I WAS WRONG !!! the officer was unjust made up stories and already lied on the stand saying that he had never been shown a Dr's cert. making whoopee LYING donkey rectum !!!

i just need to get this moo poo cleared up and done with ....

and for the record i don't grow anymore i have a caregiver that helps me out so i don't have to deal with the law ....

also i am prescribed Merynol for my disabling problems.... so even on a federal level they suggest i use THC on a daily basis ... at least they cant drug test me :D

and i have already been approved for my new card for all of you that want to know so i have been a active member/cardholder since September 11th 2009 good till October 1 2012

if anything or anyone is retroactive i should be

i just need any referral to any information that i can use to defend my self or someone to help me ....

Looks like you have the best thing to set yourself free with that card..... and an honest apology to the court that you were late to renew. It's going to depend on the judge you get. Hope you get a good one that treats you like a patient.

I wouldn't apologize bringing attention to anything just be polite and show the card was never deemed expired by the State or it wouldn't of been renewed with the renewal application . It would of required a new application if thats the case .More then likely someone from that court has read this thread though . That they desired to press the case knowing he was qualified was the prosecutors decision and like he stated he showed paperwork but they choose not to accept it . I am glad my card finnly arrived I sent in 4 weeks early this year and it just came leaving me without one for about 8 months of the three years I have been on the program . Make sure no PTP if you want to stay out of Court unless you have a recognized caregiver arrangement . Qualified cardholders can buy from anyone but the sellor isn't protected according to a recent appeal judgement . Sad we would like to keep money contained in the qualified Michigan patient community and out of the black market whether seeds abroad or cannabis here . Restricting supply keeps pushing pricing up encouraging black market profiteering and gouging prices . .

Dude...You let yo bunny muffin X-pire...All you had to do was this...

Cut and pasted from the MMMA site.My link

"The statute currently allows for a copy of the application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department. At this time, we are unable to issue valid registry identification cards within the statutory time frame with the resources available to us. We continue to review and revise our processing methods in order to more efficiently process and issue the valid registry cards.

The staff is diligently working to process the applications and is having difficulty responding to all the voicemails left on the Medical Marihuana Registry phone line. We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your application was submitted prior to the end of February."

see the problem with me .... is that because i am not willing to just take it in the donkey like they want me to i am going to fight this till the very end ... in turn this means that if i don't have descent representation and i am found guilty .... then there will be a precedence set in the law with my case that shows that your Dr's paperwork is not bunny muffin and there is no such thing affirmative defense so all of you out there that have this same problem in the future will automatically be guilty and wont even have a chance … if you actually read the law it is very open to interpretation and has not yet been fully defined … but still we all need as much help as possible to make sure that these laws are fare to the people and not just a way for the law to take advantage of a situation and pounce on people the first chance that they get ….

If I am found guilty then there will be no such thing as retro activity at all … I mean bunny muffin if I get a normal application and I fill it out … I expect that I am NOT retro active because there was no card to begin with but if you have 60 days to renew your card from the time of the expiration date and you have renewed your card before the expiration date on the card or after but within that 60 day period you should be protected … you card even if you send your renewal in late will not extend the expiration date on the card it says issued 9/11/09 And expires 10/1/11 So … if you have a renewed card, there is no way using logic….. that they can charge you like you do not have a card when the state is acting like you have had the card all along and the expiration date shows that … because even my new card shows that it expires in October 1st 2011 when the check didn’t even get cashed until the 15th of October 2010… yes I have my new card on the way ;)

Anyone else see the logic in this ?

Dude...You let yo bunny muffin X-pire...All you had to do was this...

Cut and pasted from the MMMA site.My link

"The statute currently allows for a copy of the application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department. At this time, we are unable to issue valid registry identification cards within the statutory time frame with the resources available to us. We continue to review and revise our processing methods in order to more efficiently process and issue the valid registry cards.

The staff is diligently working to process the applications and is having difficulty responding to all the voicemails left on the Medical Marihuana Registry phone line. We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your application was submitted prior to the end of February."

it was definitely under 20 days

The act does not provide any "grace period" for the expiration of your card, when it expires it's expired. The 60 days does not apply to the patient cards, that applys to health care worker licensing.

You have two things that will work in your favor. First thing you have going for you is that you have your original recommendation from the doctor. Even if you card expired your condition did not. This should allow for an affirmative defense, and a strong one at that because you actually did apply and receive a patient card. Second is that when you received your renewed card it shows a continuous coverage period. The MDCH is telling you that you are covered from those times. Those should be enough I hope.

The act does not provide any "grace period" for the expiration of your card, when it expires it's expired. The 60 days does not apply to the patient cards, that applys to health care worker licensing.

You have two things that will work in your favor. First thing you have going for you is that you have your original recommendation from the doctor. Even if you card expired your condition did not. This should allow for an affirmative defense, and a strong one at that because you actually did apply and receive a patient card. Second is that when you received your renewed card it shows a continuous coverage period. The MDCH is telling you that you are covered from those times. Those should be enough I hope.

you are absolutely correct .... :D that should be enough ... if my card was expired then it would have not been renewed and i would have had to re-apply :D thus i was totally legal for the period that they were there :D

you are absolutely correct .... :D that should be enough ... if my card was expired then it would have not been renewed and i would have had to re-apply :D thus i was totally legal for the period that they were there :D

That's what your card says. It should be enough to avoid any real problems. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a slap on the hand but in an ideal world you would be let go with no charges. Please let us know the outcome.

well .... me, my friend (Joe) and my fiance (Erica) were in the living room i had all of the windows in the house open and i had the curtains closed ..... the front door was open ... and the outer door on the inside porch i had removed the door to get more air flow through the house .... (so from outside no one could be visibly seen medicating with marijuana) .....

we were smoking inside and a plain clothed officer walked through our door in to our inside porch and looked inside and said could you step out side for me for a moment .... i said sure ... i told Erica and Joe i would be right back ... i stepped outside and talked to him he told me that his name was detective Todd Butler with the Kent county sherrifs department and he was here because of the marijuana ....

i told him that i was legal he asked to see my card ... i got my card and my new set of dr's paperwork ... he looked at the card and told me this is no good its expired and it doesn't count for anything and TOOK MY CARD !!!

i then showed him my set of Dr's paperwork showing that i had already been to the doctors and had my paperwork approved and mailed ... my check just did not get cashed yet at that point ...

so he told me that i was not protected under the law and that i was in illegal possession of marijuana and that he had already seen us in possession of the marijuana and so he told me that if i cooperated and let them search the house to see what i have they would do a lite search and be careful with my things and be in and out real fast or i could make him wait 45 minuets to get a search warrant and would then proceed to tear my place apart and that they may get CPS involved to take my son ...

i signed there search :( paperwork and i told him that i had almost nothing and that everything in the house was mine ... i told him that i would open my safe up and show him what i had ...

i then opened the door to my apartment and told Erica and Joe that its is the police that are here and they are going to search the house ...

with my back to the door and the officer behind me walking in Joe stood up and told them to flower off or flower you this is medicine and opened his jar and told officer Butler to take a good wiff and smell some good medication ... he showed his card ... told them i know my rights i have a good defense attorney i have done nothing wrong and that he was here to medicate and that was it ... and that he was leaving .... and proceeded to leave .... as far as i know they did not stop him .....

i then opened my safe where i had a gram of marijuana and some seeds ...

after that the 4 officers separated me and Erica ... the 2 male officers interrogated me outside the the 2 female officers interrogated Erica inside the house telling her that she could go to jail, that CPS could take our son and that if she did not tell them what they wanted to hear these things were going to happen.... while searching it .... after a few minuets 1 of the female officers came and talked to the officers informing them that Erica told them that we sold to 2 medical marijuana paitents

but the officers informed me that erica told them that we sell to these people and these amounts ...... before this information i told them i sell to nobody and that i do not break the law ....

after they told me what Erica had said i told him fine ... whatever you want to believe what she told your other officer must be the truth because i already told you my answer and that wasn't good enough for you .... officer Todd Butler then told me that he wanted the names of illegal growers that i knew and this would all go away .... i told him that all of the growers i know are "now" legal .... didn't used to be the case :) but that is the truth .... he did not like that answer and proceeded to tell me how i have got to know someone that has an illegal grow and i told him no dude .. to tell you the perfect truth everyone that i knew that grew illegally is now legal and grows there own

at this point they told me so take us to where you are growing ..... i said what >???

officer Butler said we have been watching you and know where you grow take us there let us in and we will just take the plants ..... i told him ... OK since i am "supposedly" breaking the law if i let you in you will just take my plants and no equipment ?

he told me yes we will leave your equipment alone and just take your plants .... (i figured this was my first indoor grow so as long as i did not loose my equipment i would be Ok) so i took him to my dads showed him that the house was locked ... i opened it with my key, that the basement was double locked and i unlocked the door and let them in the basement i showed them that the basement was separate from the upstairs and that they were not allowed at all in the upstairs portion of the house... he said no problem ...

we continued downstairs where i showed the officer the different stages of my grow 4 in the cloning box 4 in final drying/curing (to be hung that night) and 8 in vegetative mode for a total of 8 actual plants i showed him that the 4 plants were done and had there leaves stripped and were being baked under a HPS light to water cure/flush the flowers, 4 in the cloner to replace the ones that were going to be hung and the 8 that were arranged around the basement ... once the 4 clones in the cloner were finished they would have been pulled and placed in the the buckets where the previous 4 finished plants were just taken from ..... i showed the factor that my plant rotation is a total of 12 plants and 12 plants only but he just kept telling me how people like me are scum and are just using this new law to sell drugs and to use this as a cover story ...

they took a bunch of pictures made a huge mess of my basement and destroyed a few things and then officer Butler cam to me and told me ... well we need to take something for evidence 1 piece of equipment ... i said what ? he pointed at a cheap 600 watt light and hood and said how about that ... i said sure but not the ballast just cut the hood from the cord no problem ... they removed the hood and light and all of my clones, plants, and finished flowers/buds about 2-2.3 oz and told me that they would be in touch and gave me a card and told me to contact him with a lead for a big illegal grow to get off the hook ......

although i am sure officer Todd Butler has delt with many serious drug dealers and illegal growers in the past i cooperated 100% to prove i was legal and set a good example but he went way beyond what needed to happen he was rude, demeaning, offending, even when i did not give them 1 moment of Resistance and was truthful from beginning to end and treated like a piece of trash ...

on a side note they said they found baggies and a scale ..... duh !!!! for 1 i sell to legal medical marijuana patients 2 i have to buy it from someone so i have to weight it my self plus hell i use those same bags for coins, screws, computer parts they are convenient but yes there was selling paraphernalia i was legally selling under the area where i was assisting the patient with there acquisition of marijuana

they used intimidation scare tactics threatening me and my soon to be wife and my child if we did not give them what they wanted that we would all be leaving with them ... arrested and my son with child services .... now what other option did i have ???

i now know next time what to do .... tell them to flower off and to go and get a warrant ..... i wish police would protect and serve vs blackmail and intimidate people that are not breaking the law ...

i have broke no laws as much as they would like to believe ..... they need to look for someone else ....

This response may be a day late and a dollar short, but please use the advice on this card attached for next time. We pass this card out to each and every patient that we help obtain a certification.

Good Luck and we hope and wish nothing but the best for you and your family.

ASP

KYR_Card.pdf

• 2 months later...

ok people .... court was rescheduled for December 12th at 8:00 am i need people there i need people to help me ......

i have been trying to contact the local news and they don't seam to care about my story at all .....

on top of that my doctor has cut me off all of my medication because there office said that because i use medical marijuana that i am in breach of there company policy and so they will not prescribe me anything at all ....

i am scared, have no resources, and don't know what to do ... i have severe problems with internal bleeding i am in pain everyday, i cant eat most food, and my nerves are so shot from worrying all of the time now with what is going to happen in court i am having panic attacks 4-5 times a day .... i am disabled ... all i do is raise my son and keep my house clean and make sure my friends and family are happy ...

all of this moo poo with the police has been so blown out of proportion they tinkle me off ... the detective .. Todd Butler is a worthless piece of bunny muffin .... he lied on the stand right off the bat and so did his lady officer .... the other 2 were truthful .... but odiously this guy is trying to make a name for him self but he has to pick on people that actually follow the law and cooperate with them ... yes i let them search and i took them to the grow house .... its because i knew i was legal and had no problems ... hell i only had 1 gram of pot on my person because my plants were curing and would be done in the next day or so from when they were there ...

anyone that can help me with anything .... please call me i am scared and feel lost and i don't know what to do !!!! please help if you can :(

my name is Maxwell Lorincz my number is (616)915-9979 call anytime ....

this is one of my plants that were finished and dried in the bucket .... i cure my plants in the pot ... super water flush for a few weeks and then let dry till they are smoke-able ..... look at the plant on the right ... it along with 3 others just like it were done and were curing ... usable marijuana ... haa very little maby 1.5 - 2.2 oz in total from the 4 plants ....

post-3740-0-83119900-1321791258_thumb.jpg

Archived