Blog: Would You Mind Having A Medical Marijuana Dispensary By Your House?

Dizledot

WE NEED COMMENTS PLEASE COMMENT.....THIS IS A DOWN RIVER NEWS PAPER

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2011/09/19/michiganmatters/doc4e7631d57f0c0996878901.txt?viewmode=comments

BLOG: Would you mind having a medical marijuana dispensary by your house?

ladybeth wrote on Sep 19, 2011 8:32 AM:

" MIND?!!!!!!!!!By no means would I have it in my home nor would I want anyone living near me to have it. Recently someone asked me, "What is so wrong with a little pot?". My response to them "What is so right about it?". They responded with an ignorant answer "Cause it makes me feel good and I escape for a while." It is called life deal with it,with a clear head. I know this blog is geared towards the medical use of marijuana, I'm sure there are many with legitimate medical needs but just as sure there are many more who are using this "law" as a crutch just to get high 'legally'. "<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">

Bronco wrote on Sep 19, 2011 8:59 AM:

" Could not agree with ladybeth more. "<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">

downriver1900 wrote on Sep 19, 2011 12:30 PM:

" @ladybeth: Agreed. Life can bite sometimes. Deal with it pothead losers!<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Unless you have a terminal disease deal with the pain. If tylenol or motrin don't work enough for pain then you take too many pain killers anyways. You build up resistances to painkillers so only use them when absolutely necessary. "<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">

<a href="

http://www.thenewsherald.com/shared-content/newsys/simpleblog/abuse.php?id=f2b3ed57240ad03e8c2a002c38fe5f5b&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thenewsherald.com%2Farticles%2F2011%2F09%2F19%2Fmichiganmatters%2Fdoc4e7631d57f0c0996878901.txt" target="_blank" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: bold; font-style: inherit; font-size: 11px; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(0, 51, 102); ">Report Abuse

LOGIN TO COMMENT

People have been brainwashed to believing the worst. We or someone in the MM community should educate them. Not everyone will come around, but we have to try. This crap has to STOP NOW. Thanks Dizz for sharing. We need to know what our opponents are thinking, we need to be aware of what others think who are just being forcefed these lies. I don't doubt some people are misusing the law, BUT they must be shown the facts, that MOST in this program ARE LEGITIMATELY USING MM.

Sb

People have been brainwashed to believing the worst. We or someone in the MM community should educate them. Not everyone will come around, but we have to try. This crap has to STOP NOW. Thanks Dizz for sharing. We need to know what our opponents are thinking, we need to be aware of what others think who are just being forcefed these lies. I don't doubt some people are misusing the law, BUT they must be shown the facts, that MOST in this program ARE LEGITIMATELY USING MM.

Sb

If you go and read some of the comments from those who are not part of our family you can see why I stay in the closet.....

Those are the same usual suspects hostile posting . Sadly they required your address and name for the Herald and I do not trust my personal information to be secure . It is sad how this has started being policy which restricts posting of views outside the status quo . Some very respected people have supported this collection of data to post and I disagreed with it . Sorry I couldn't help this time .

I used to believe in the if your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to hide ...until I saw the forfeiture law along with discrimination in action . The hate some people have for patients on this program just because they benefit from cannabis scares me .

I registered Name: MM Address: 1 anywhere lane, anytown, MI random zip code. :)

Hopefully it's showing my comment. It says 10 comments, but when I click to read them, it's only showing 9....

Anyways, here's my comments on the subject:

I don't mind the Walgreens or RiteAid, so why would a dispensary bother me? It wouldn't. Facts are cannabis is helpful in treating many medical conditions, it has no adverse side effects, has not caused a single death ever, and does not have the addictive properties of other legal "drugs." As for what my neighbors do in their own home, it's none of my business, and it's none of their business what I do in mine.

I AM a great parent.

I AM a member of the PTA and several community organizations.

I AM a business owner.

I AM a CARDHOLDER.

I DO use cannabis for my MS in a topical form & it DOES NOT cloud my judgement.

You wouldn't know I am a patient unless I told you so.

My children are THANKFUL to the voters for giving me a choice. I can hug my children, play with them and rock my 2 son to sleep, all of which could not be done before my cannabis treatment. My doctors are amazed that my MRI scans show healing; something that is unheard of with the FDA approved treatments. Two years ago, I was on 16 daily medications, now I use cannabis and 1 other medication.

My children know more facts about cannabis than you do and they're all under the age of 11.

To think that some of you are making mass generalizations about all patients based on misinformation and ignorance, is appalling. To say that all, or even most, patients are "pothead losers," "addicts," and "junkies" only shows how uninformed you really are. Until you deal with a disease that makes it impossible to function, how can you pass judgement?

To think you'd like law-abiding taxpayers in jail is ridiculous! Your doctor is more of a "poison pusher" thank ANY caregiver or patient is.

It's too bad that they will ignore and insult ANY voice of intelligence or reason. It makes it more and more apparent that we must continue to fight and defend the rights given to us by the voters. These people will believe only what is truth in their own reality. They sit and drink beer, pop Vicodin, and believe they are right and insult anyone who disagrees because they have no facts to base their opinion on. It's a sad reality, but it's something we must deal with as diplomatically as possible, then move forward.

You may have to use an actual address in order for it to show up. Just use a court house address. I'm familiar with this paper/ staff. They control their content very tightly. It would be interesting to see if this is going on with these comments.

Try using an address with a 734 or 313 area code.

I only see 9 comments.

Archived