Robbed By Super 8, Traverse City,mich.

We went to Motel 8 n Traverse City..We normaly stay at holiday inn..But tried saving money..well after the over 2 hour drive..we got settled in room...We decided to medicate..We both are patients..Well they said they smeelled the marijauna all the way to office..When i asked how..he said he was sniffing under the door..I was like, WHY was he sniffing under our door? here is the place...Super 8 1870 us 31 north - traverse city,mich. 49686.... Is this legal? Can they do this to us? Keep our money? This is our 9th anv..We been saving for this..We donw graded cause we been helping gf,s Uncle with cancer..and then to be robbed..PLEASE Pass this on...NO MORE SUPER 8 FOR patients..

Sorry to hear about this, I have friends in tc, I will let them know to spread the word.

ag's opinion is they can do that, I don't know about keeping your money though. If you paid by credit card, call the card company and dispute the charges.

How are you people getting caught time and time again smoking weed at the hotel? I smoke weed and cigarettes like a god darn chimney. EVERYWHERE I stay. And if you met me you would suspect I was going to smoke it soon as I got in my room, which of course I do!

When you first get there i only smoke in the bathroom with a fan on. After that, it's just like home.

I clean up every trace of ashes and spray a little oziem before I leave. haven't caught me yet

Places like those can either accept the MMMP or not. Comfort Inn has been MM friendly. Then again, it depends on the managers.

We can write HQ and complain, let's create a list of places to boycott.

The MOCC had a Harvestfest last year near ypsi. We stayed at a Comfort Inn. Funny thing - there were CANADIAN COPS traveling with their kids as a hockey team. They tried to stop us from medicating on the premises. now, before you say "hey they were just concerned about their kids!" - they were DRUNK!. hotel management complained that they did not supervise their kids in the evenings - because they were drinking every night the pass three nights!

When management refused to do anything - they called the local police. The local police showed up, with K9 even, but were told "We at Comfort Inn, support the rights of our guest to medicate under state law, please leave." The local police admonished the canadian cops for being drunks and bad parents, simply they were told - STFU.

It does help to ask before you check in, if they support right of MMP.

DN

How are you people getting caught time and time again smoking weed at the hotel? I smoke weed and cigarettes like a god darn chimney. EVERYWHERE I stay. And if you met me you would suspect I was going to smoke it soon as I got in my room, which of course I do!

When you first get there i only smoke in the bathroom with a fan on. After that, it's just like home.

I clean up every trace of ashes and spray a little oziem before I leave. haven't caught me yet

same here people see me and just expect it

Addams-Family-Cousin-Itt-addams-family-5684028-356-288.jpg

You didn't mention if you specifically asked for a smoking room, which might have been part of the problem?

Confessions of an X-Smoker: I wouldn't stay in a room if I smell smoke, including stale smoke from previous occupants.

plus: I like to go outside, take something out to the car or bring in something besides my buzz and a big grin !

I would consider using a vaporizer as being pretty safe. Though haven't tried it yet.

I do smoke joints in my house occasionally, but not cigarettes. Gonna paint it next year, maybe.

I'm hooked on the Volcanoe + bubbler + ash catcher + ice + somma the green elephant in the basement !

in small 1/2 gram chunks finely ground ...

till its all around,

up and down

Tobacco sucks !

First time ever been caught

>The kid said he was sniffing under our door.

Hometown Inn in Indian River charged me $200 on my credit card for smoking in the room and all I did was roll a few joints before I went fishing. They said the maids got a "head rush" from it! I know my chemdog is stanky but dang.

I smoked in my friends truck before going inside to sleep that night but we never once smoked in the room whatsoever. I feel like my rights were vioalted as they told their corporate bosses the situation and my name etc. but nothing you can do other than dispute it with your credit card company or sue, wish I could afford an attorney to take them to court, I surely would.

After the fire we stayed at Comfort Suites. We were there 2 months. After awhile the workers started coming to our room to join us. It was ironic though, listening to one worker tell us not to let so-n-so catch us, because she would definitely bust us. So-n-so had just left... LOL I always ask and if they smile and say no. I agree to use my car. Then when I go out I ask to join me. After a few days they were!

I still say smoking and vaping is not the same. They have a $200/$250 cleaning fee for smoking - because cigarettes are messy and smelly. We should explain that vaping is not smoking. I still think the sign is for the 'general population', not medical use of marijuana. Patronize the motels that help us!

Smoking the car is way more problematic, you do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy in the car! DIUD, etc.

DN

Archived