Each Patients Plants In A Locked Enclosed Facility?

bmf725

I just read the attorney generals opinion on "collective growing" from what I can understand (because they use way to many words probably to confuse normal people who arn't lawyers)Is that each patients 12 plants must be in a separate locked facility. So If im a CG for 3 people then I have to have 3 rooms now? Or Is this just stating that 2 or more patients who are not resisted to one another cannot grow there plants collectively in the same single facility?

here's a link http://www.ag.state.mi.us/opinion/datafiles/2010s/op10338.htm

So i guess what I really want to know is. Is Bill Schutee's opinion now the law? I mean no where in the Actual Law on the books does it say this

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and

No where Does it say "Separate" or any other word meaning the same. all is says is "in an enclosed, locked facility".

Why does this clown have to confuse everyone?

The attorney general is stupid. Having said that...

The issue is access. No one should have access to more plants than the registry allows them.

No card at all, no access at all.

Two patients living in the same home should only have access to 12 if they are not a caregiver.

If you are a caregiver to 3 patients you can have access to 36 plants. Grow them in any numbers per room you want. One thing though, you can't let any of your patients have access to more than 12 so don't give them access to a room with more than 12.

Like I said, the attorney general is thick headed and those that follow him also are lacking in smarts. So the thick headed LEOS might want to be thick headed and not understand this is all about access. The judges SHOULD understand it though. To test your set up think about access, who can access the rooms, and if they are qualified to access the plants in the rooms.

If you don't want to even worry about the stupid Leos then only grow 12 a room. If you want to use your rights and be smart, think about access to numbers of plants and qualification to do so.

The way I have it set up now is I have one main room with another locked room inside of that one. but plant numbers in each room vary depending on harvest and clones. I only have "access" to the rooms as I hold the key. Would this work.

IMO the law still reads the same as before, you can have as many plants as you your allowed to posses as a caregiver in a locked enclosed room. The AG would like to make the law unworkable with his bs opinions, but he and his cronies just look more and more foolish. He would like to make those changes, and we have to stop him. :sword:

So i guess what I really want to know is. Is Bill Schutee's opinion now the law? I mean no where in the Actual Law on the books does it say this

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and

No where Does it say "Separate" or any other word meaning the same. all is says is "in an enclosed, locked facility".

Why does this clown have to confuse everyone?

no, BS' bs opinion is not the law, but he is working diligently to get it to become the law.

we must oust this tyrant out of office, and keep him out of public service.

So may I ask what is the point of any opinion by BS? I mean not just the opinions relaed to MM, but what is the point if it is not law? Is the opinions just for law enforcement to refer to? I guess BS fits the line. "Opinions are like A-holes everyone has one".

but to your average joe schmoe who doesn't know any better, here is the attorney general of michigan making a statement against marijuana thinking, "he has to be right, doesn't he?"

not to mention all the powers granted to him as attorney general. he is far more dangerous than just another a-hole with an opinion

AN AG's opinions are what the Prosecuting Attorneys are supposed to go by and prosecute. A judge interprets the law, not the AG. So what BS is doing is trying to convince more PA's to prosecute, win or lose. He's hoping that the PA's will get lots of plea bargains because most legal patients don't have the time or the money to fight it. But most of his opinions are full of himself... BS

Way to follow the will of the people BS.

Short answer: No it isnt law, it is just guidance for PAs to prosecute for.

Restorium sez: "Two patients living in the same home should only have access to 12 if they are not a caregiver." IMHO those two patients would have access to 12 plants each. Now, suppose you are a husband and wife team, both patients with two rooms of 12 each...I would suggest that you both utilize COMBINATION locks on your rooms, that way, you both have the means to open only your own room, regardless of the reality that you both know the combination to both locks so that one of you can be away from home and not worry about plants drying up while you are gone. That way, you can conveniently forget the others combo should you have a LEO visit.

As for Mr. Schuette's opinions, they may not have the weight of law, however, many of the LEO's out there will use his words to make a case against us. This will undoubtedly be challenged in a court of law, but, with the way the courts are leaning now days, they could try to amend the law from the bench, making BS's pronouncements legal. I am sick and tired of this law being changed by the courts, that is not their job, they are to interpret, not write, the laws of the land.

See you in the trenches fellow patriots... Peace ... j.b.

What I recommend in the above situation is for both patients to become each other's caregiver. Then they would have legal access to all 24 plants.

Unfortunate thing is that both husband and wife have felony drug convictions from the '60's, they can't be anyone's caregiver but their own. ... Peace, j.b.

How a person splits up their legal grow shouldn't be their concern. Only the plant count and useable dry weight.

If a Caregiver is growing for three patients, that is 36 plants. If they choose to put 18 plants in a clone/veg room, and the other 18 plants in a flower room, what difference does it make ?? And who cares how many square feet a Caregiver chooses to set aside for this legal purpose ??

As long as it is locked up, and the plant count is correct, who the hell cares ??

Govt. doesn't care how many guns you pack into a gun safe...... as long as the guns are all registered. They don't care how many guns you have per room in your house.

Stricter rules on a plant, that you can't overdose on. Makes no sense to me.

The AG BS opinion was that it did not matter - if it was a CG or two patients sharing - the AG wanted each grow to be separate from another.

Watching local cases where people shared grows - LEO was confused by plant counts and who exactly was possessing the plant count. If one patient has 20 plants, and another patient only has 4 - LEO could very well arrest the patient with 20 plants as 'over plant count'. LEO is trying to make rules like this "each grow separate" so they can make sure that someone is responsible(arrestable) for plant counts being over. LEO has ignored shared grows in some juridictions, in other cases, they just counted all the plants together and used the plant count against the homeowner or whom ever was in possession at the time.

In reality grows are only separate by growing stage - vegging plants and clones kept in one room, under a lighting regiment of 18 hours on, and then another room with flowering plants under 12 hours lights on. Two patients sharing a grow space will utilize both rooms - sharing veg and flower space. To require patients or growers to add lights, fans, etc for 2 separate vegging rooms and 2 separate flowering rooms is just punitive.

I would ensure that you have proper documentation, ensure that you stay under plant counts, lock and secure that room so at least only the shared parties have access.

Good Luck

DN

Does the law define how many people per household can be patients? Or if each one of those patients may grow their legal 12 plants? Grand Rapids says that to become a caregiver you must be 1000 feet away from a school, does that include home schooling?

The penal system doesn't make revenue for the state my friend. They tax the heck out of us to fund the penal system. You know how much it costs to house someone in jail for a year? Somethin like $40,000. The penal system is one of the things sinkin this state.

It's not the government making money, it's private interests. A lot of prisons these days are privately owned and people literally are getting rich off making people do slave labor in prison camps by the millions. :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Archived