Leaf Issues, I Have No Idea, Plz Help

Believeitheals

My guess is:

NITROGEN (N)

Pale plants, red stems, smaller growth. Rapid yellowing of lower leaves progressing up the plant. Add any chemical fertilizer containing N. Treated plants recover in about a week.

MOLYBDENUM (Mb)

Yellowing of middle leaves. Foliar feed with chemical fertilizer containing Mb.

soil, until recently i've been using the color coded ph drops and the water goin in has been a yellowish green color which is around 6.0 I just the other day got my ph meter calabrated so the last time i watered the water goin in was 6.3 I have yet to test the run off with my new meter, they get water today i'll check it then.

added a third pic to the op, don't know if it will help.

some parts of it look almost papery like the leaf is 2 layers and the top layer is slowly goin away.

I'm a hydro guy, so I'm sure the soil growers around here will have more direct info for you, but...

If you are only using a bloom nutrient at 0-10-10, then you aren't giving your ladies any nitrogen at all. This can definitely cause problems. Even in flower, the plants need nitrogen to continue to grow properly. What nutrient line are you using?

Also, when you switched nutrients, did you give your girls a nice clean flush with just pH balanced water, no nutes? If not, you could be getting salt buildup in your soil causing nutrient lockout. If you were planning on watering anyway today, I'd recommend a heavy watering with pure pH balanced water. Then the next time they need watering resume your normal feeding schedule.

edit: What kind of water are you using? City, well, RO, something else?

Good luck!

hey bro... the mottling you get like that comes from micro uptake issues, not the macros. it can be as simple as not getting enough, to slight pH problems that interfered w the uptake. a lot of the time, it will grow out of the issue, though those leaves will always have that mark. usually it will pop up on the newer growth leaves first, not the bigger older fan leaves... nother hint towards micro issues. i can't recall the specific one, but upping the feeds w the micro's in particular is what u need to do & just ensure your pH is w/in range, where excessively high pH can screw w the micros. overall though, they look good... a little light on the green... would just think to up the dosing a bit will stop the issue from progressing. minor issue bro... u'll b good. peace

btw... that bloom formula u have is missing N entirely, which is the light green color you have. add some calmag+... it has most of the micros + a healthy dose of N. i'd just start at 2ml per gal, which should bump your total nute strength by .2ec, give or take. still would bump your base a little too. peace.

hey bro... the mottling you get like that comes from micro uptake issues, not the macros. it can be as simple as not getting enough, to slight pH problems that interfered w the uptake. a lot of the time, it will grow out of the issue, though those leaves will always have that mark. usually it will pop up on the newer growth leaves first, not the bigger older fan leaves... nother hint towards micro issues. i can't recall the specific one, but upping the feeds w the micro's in particular is what u need to do & just ensure your pH is w/in range, where excessively high pH can screw w the micros. overall though, they look good... a little light on the green... would just think to up the dosing a bit will stop the issue from progressing. minor issue bro... u'll b good. peace

btw... that bloom formula u have is missing N entirely, which is the light green color you have. add some calmag+... it has most of the micros + a healthy dose of N. i'd just start at 2ml per gal, which should bump your total nute strength by .2ec, give or take. still would bump your base a little too. peace.

thats what I see. DynaGro Mag Pro has all the trace/micro you'll need. also. those little white dots look like spidermite damage. I'd scope them to be sure

when i started the bloom nutes along with the 50% of the 0-10-10 i added a 3/4 strength of the 5-1-1 , should I continue using the 5-1-1 all the way through flower? my guess would be in less amount than what i was using in veg..

yeah i got a bit of the mites too, i gots no money so i'm gunna make a soapy solution maybe with some canola oil and give that a try.

Where are you located? I've got some extra lady bugs that'll clear that right up. Better to take care of them before they become a real problem. It can happen quick. I had a 'slight' mite issue last year for a few months, then overnight BAM! Major mite infestation. Just takes a short time for them to take over

PH issues is what I'm seeing which has locked out P. Get a good meter and toss the strips. Without doing run off ph tests and ppm tests you'll never know what the issue is. My guess is your ph is off. That and add some bio marine fish to your next 3 waterings at 10ml per gallon on top of yer bloom nutes. Ph at 6.0 and let her rip............

I agree with krusty. Make sure your soil pH is OK (5.8 to 7)first. If it is then you need to add a balanced nutrient with micros. When I first started I was terrified of over fertilizing to the point that I under fertilized. I now use nutrient fortified soil (with mycorhizae) as a base and then add nutes whenever I see the first sign of light green appearing in the new growth. I can't believe the amount of nutes some of these plants can take without showing signs of over fertilization. Regular flushing is also needed to avoid nutrient lockout if you are using non-organic nutrients.

Hey blieve... Sorry but w I first read ur post thought the 0 10 10 was ur bloom base but ur other post makes it seem that's just the booster, so what nutes u using and which soil? Just to clarify. Also, it did seem to me that pH could be a reason for u'r K spotting. Finely pulverized dolomite lime is great to add back to soil every so often to keep the pH upwards... And goes into the soil kinda easily w waterings, tho has some tricks like anything. Try english gardens as my local one carries it in 50lb sacks or 5 gal volume bags for 10 bucks. Shoot for 1tbl per gal of mix and do it again in a week. Give u a good source for calmag as well as buffer ur pH back up. Peace

Archived