Update On 13 Year Old

Hello again! I'm Paige, I posted in September about my daughter (post called "Treating A 13 Year Old". I sent in the paperwork for her card in September, haven't heard a word from the state yet.

However, I started her on some glycerin tincture last week. I started with just a dropperful and we went up to a teaspoon (measured) 3x a day, but I haven't noticed any change. We're hoping for a reduction in her tremoring (arms, neck, head). Really any improvement in motor function or speech, but I haven't seen any change. Her mood is not affected, either way. She doesn't even get sleepy.

My questions are: can it take some time for her blood levels to get to a point where we might see a difference? Does she need to take more than a teaspoon? Do we need to try a different form of the drug? RSO? Butter?

I can't really access anything but what my aunt brought me since I haven't gotten my card yet in the mail. But I don't want to give up yet on our first try. Any advice or experience would be very helpful. You can get to the details of my daughter's (and my son's) condition if you search this forum for "treating a 13 year old".

Thanks! Paige

Hello again! I'm Paige, I posted in September about my daughter (post called "Treating A 13 Year Old". I sent in the paperwork for her card in September, haven't heard a word from the state yet.

However, my aunt, who lives in Maine, brought me some glycerin tincture last week. I started with just a dropperful and we went up to a teaspoon (measured) 3x a day, but I haven't noticed any change. We're hoping for a reduction in her tremoring (arms, neck, head). Really any improvement in motor function or speech, but I haven't seen any change. Her mood is not affected, either way. She doesn't even get sleepy.

My questions are: can it take some time for her blood levels to get to a point where we might see a difference? Does she need to take more than a teaspoon? Do we need to try a different form of the drug? RSO? Butter?

I can't really access anything but what my aunt brought me since I haven't gotten my card yet in the mail. But I don't want to give up yet on our first try. Any advice or experience would be very helpful. You can get to the details of my daughter's (and my son's) condition if you search this forum for "treating a 13 year old".

Thanks! Paige

Hi Paige,

I tried the search, but this site's search isn't working for me right now... it just times out :(

I'm curious though (if you're comfortable sharing), what did her doctor recommend you to observe for signs of improvement?

Maybe like the others said, the tincture was not effective... maybe try a different form of administration.

If you set in paperwork and haven't received a denial you are probably good. Do you have any way to see if the check, money order etc has been cashed? If so I would look for a source for mm and make butter PR try the honey slides recipe in my blog. I don't show any signs of drowsiness etc when I use tinctures or medibles but due to my high tolerance to medications in general I use much larger doses to control seizures among other issues.

Hi Paige,

I tried the search, but this site's search isn't working for me right now... it just times out :(

I'm curious though (if you're comfortable sharing), what did her doctor recommend you to observe for signs of improvement?

Maybe like the others said, the tincture was not effective... maybe try a different form of administration.

Actually when I searched for it myself I typed in "paigemichigan" and it brought it up. I should have said that instead of the title of the post. As for the Dr., we saw someone in Plymouth, and he said to call for any help, but signs of improvement for her would be lessening of her tremors, maybe an easier time speaking (she is hard to understand and stutters the beginnings of a lot of sentences). I'd hoped she'd be able to eat with a little more ease, typing on her computer. She's got gross and fine motor skill issues.

Thanks, Paige

If you set in paperwork and haven't received a denial you are probably good. Do you have any way to see if the check, money order etc has been cashed? If so I would look for a source for mm and make butter PR try the honey slides recipe in my blog. I don't show any signs of drowsiness etc when I use tinctures or medibles but due to my high tolerance to medications in general I use much larger doses to control seizures among other issues.

very true. if after 21 days of proof they have received paperwork, providing all was correct, check was signed ect. you haven't received a certified piece of mail stating a denial, you are good to go, and the paperwork and copy of cashed check is your temp card, until your get your actual hard card. So you can get a higher strength dosage from anyone in the state that supplies it... no need to wait on the state, your children are more important...

if you can find your thread, a link directly to it can help much. you can also just continue on in that thread, and bring it back up for discussion.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/33893-treating-a-13-year-old/page__p__322093__fromsearch__1#entry322093

The check has been cashed, a number of weeks ago, but with things the way they are I don't think I'm going to get anyone to sell it to me without the card in hand. I need to start calling Monday to see why the card's taking so long.

Maybe it is a weak batch. My aunt uses it for pain and takes a spoonful 3 x a day. Like a big spoon. Not a cereal spoon, but the next size up. That's more like a tablespoon I suppose.

Thanks!

The check has been cashed, a number of weeks ago, but with things the way they are I don't think I'm going to get anyone to sell it to me without the card in hand. I need to start calling Monday to see why the card's taking so long.

Maybe it is a weak batch. My aunt uses it for pain and takes a spoonful 3 x a day. Like a big spoon. Not a cereal spoon, but the next size up. That's more like a tablespoon I suppose.

Thanks!

Actually, I can't find a record of it being cashed. But I don't have a denial either, I guess I'm going to need to make some calls... <_<

what general area of the state do you live in? someone may know where you can obtain meds there or nearby. unless you know the strength and quality of what you are giving her, it is hard to say what will help. Making your own medibles is the best way to go in my opinion, but at places like the Jackson market many quality options are available. I think you would want to start with a known quality & strength and start with a lower dose and increase gradually until results are noticed. Someone here should be able to help you or direct you to where you can get safe, good quality meds. Your general location would help. Sorry if you posted it and I missed it.

Edit: the cards take 5 or 6 months, and calling them wont help before that amount of time has passed. They normally cash the check immediately though so hopefully you can check on that.

what general area of the state do you live in? someone may know where you can obtain meds there or nearby. unless you know the strength and quality of what you are giving her, it is hard to say what will help. Making your own medibles is the best way to go in my opinion, but at places like the Jackson market many quality options are available. I think you would want to start with a known quality & strength and start with a lower dose and increase gradually until results are noticed. Someone here should be able to help you or direct you to where you can get safe, good quality meds. Your general location would help. Sorry if you posted it and I missed it.

Edit: the cards take 5 or 6 months, and calling them wont help before that amount of time has passed. They normally cash the check immediately though so hopefully you can check on that.

I am between Howell and Pinkney. That's just up the road from Dexter. Peanut Butter and I talked a month or two ago, but he wasn't real comfortable then with everything going on in the state. I can really understand that. I was very anxious when I first started going this direction. But if you know of someone who can help I"d love to know. I just want to find something that might work. No other meds have worked without side effects that weren't worth taking the drug.

Thanks, Paige

very true. if after 21 days of proof they have received paperwork, providing all was correct, check was signed ect. you haven't received a certified piece of mail stating a denial, you are good to go, and the paperwork and copy of cashed check is your temp card, until your get your actual hard card. So you can get a higher strength dosage from anyone in the state that supplies it... no need to wait on the state, your children are more important...

if you can find your thread, a link directly to it can help much. you can also just continue on in that thread, and bring it back up for discussion.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/33893-treating-a-13-year-old/page__p__322093__fromsearch__1#entry322093

Ok, so I can't find that my check has been cashed, but the paperwork and check were sent with a signature required, so I got the receipt weeks ago showing that the state received my stuff. So with that and the 21 days I should be good to go??? That would be really great!

Oh, and thanks for finding the thread. I'm not terribly savvy. :rolleyes:

I know of those who use a topical application for tremor reduction. You might want to give that a try, wear some of the tincture. I might work for you.

BTW – I would never state on an open forum that I accepted delivery of marijuana from across state lines. Billy may be reading this.

Oh, crap. I didn't think of that. Thanks. And just apply it anywhere? on her arm?

I would be concerned that your check has not been cashed. The state is pretty good about getting their money. I would make an inquiry about it. I am hoping someone can refer you to a compassion club in your area, you would be able to find a source for meds, and maybe meet people with experience in treating younger people with mmj. I hope your doctor is giving you some guidance along these lines, although marijuana is safe, it's use in children should be done with care. You are the only one that can decide what treatment is appropriate, but it would be best to get advice from your doctor, and if your doctor does not have the experience find someone who does. Even on line information from a reputable source is better than lengthly trial and error. The Jackson market is a great place to acquire meds, if your paperwork is in order. There are many people here with experience making medibles, tinctures and oils. Once you decide what you think will be best, someone should be able to help you with recipes etc. I would be surprised if someone does not refer you to a compassion club where you can get more information. Best wishes.

Yeah, I'd take the tincture and use it to fertilize my toilet. Or if you have money to spare, have it tested to verify if it's crap or if it just doesn't work.

I would advise either growing it, or getting regular bud from a trustworthy caregiver to make your own tincture. Then you know.

Or you could have her smoke it. I do realize however that you probably took one heck of a leap of faith to even place your child on this medication and having her smoke would be probably just as if not more of a gut wrenching decision. (just on principle)

I do have some blonde hash made in bubble bags, it's not much. But it's serving me no purpose. I would also throw in a couple of grams.. No donation, compensation, carbonation needed. But I live in Westland. If you would like to try any of these to see if it is worth moving forward in your endeavors. Shoot me a pm if you want.

Yeah, I'd take the tincture and use it to fertilize my toilet. Or if you have money to spare, have it tested to verify if it's crap or if it just doesn't work.

I would advise either growing it, or getting regular bud from a trustworthy caregiver to make your own tincture. Then you know.

Or you could have her smoke it. I do realize however that you probably took one heck of a leap of faith to even place your child on this medication and having her smoke would be probably just as if not more of a gut wrenching decision. (just on principle)

I do have some blonde hash made in bubble bags, it's not much. But it's serving me no purpose. I would also throw in a couple of grams.. No donation, compensation, carbonation needed. But I live in Westland. If you would like to try any of these to see if it is worth moving forward in your endeavors. Shoot me a pm if you want.

I still have 3 vials of tincture left. We're going to up the dosage over a few days and see what happens. I got it from my aunt who is a caregiver and I trust her. She uses the tincture herself. She gets it from a trusted source of her own so I feel like I can trust it. I'm sure there can be a number of reasons for why it's not working. It may never work for my kids. I'm feeling pretty discouraged b/c I was hoping that something would help. Nothing we do for them helps. They're on high doses of CoQ10 and some other supplements, but we don't see any changes. Just a slow worsening of symptoms. My husband is not very excited about my efforts in this area (mj). He wonders how many different ways I'm going to try to make mj work. I've only tried this one way (tincture) so I'm not quitting until I feel like I've tried a lot of options. I don't know that I'll ever feel comfortable with her smoking it. But never say never.

P

There are other safe, convenient preparations available for non-smokers beyond medibles. Tincture is good but can be pricey to produce.

I recommend concentrate capsules (gelcap-sized) made with high-CBD kief from bud only plus Cannabrex added to speed absorption. Expect 10 hours of glowy mellow comfy body relief for those days of non-smoking such as plane travel.

These caps are made of special bud that's mild THC yet high CBD -- both near 10% -- letting folks function mentally while experiencing exceptional pain relief, anti-inflammatory effects, lower blood pressure, etc. Peanut Butter shares progress reports of mmj efficacy against cancer...takes high-CBD bud to make the best Simpson Oil, right PB?. Best source bud from Michigan I have seen used so far is "Cindy's Cannatonic" out of Grand Traverse county. Its profile is CBD 9.6% with THC 9.4%. Easy to titrate (self-dose) at that ratio. Notice the unusually high CBD 9.6%. We typically see CBD rates of 0.2 to 0.5 by comparison. I tell folks this stuff is herbal aspirin, a true natural therapeutic herbal compound.

Archived