Jump to content

Fire In Harrison Twp From Grow Kills Pets


Recommended Posts

Sad story. Fortunatley for them they were awake and smelled the smoke. Looks like the firefighters helped with a quick response, too. I've seen trailer fires that only left a pile of ashes after they went out. And when they're going good you can't get within fifty feet because of the intensity. Smoke detectors should be a pre-requisite for LIVING in this type of structure.

Edited by solabeirtan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hm Joy blvd in mt.clemens! brings back some mammorrys lol whats the name of the gentlemens club across the street from the gettoh park oops i mean trailer park,,landing strip of somthing like that,,,I bought most of my first car parts from the auto salvage yards just down street from there also, those trailers are so old they have fuses not circuit breakers, bummer abouth the pets and plants, well were they over there limit or is macomb county sherrif gonna leave em alone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man that's so sad. Some of the older trailers are real fire hazards even without adding grow lights. I lived in a 1980s trailer a few years back, and we had a fan plugged in running, and the fan plug melted & there was a black burnt strip leading up the wall from the socket where it was plugged in. That was just a dinky little fan; after that experience I'd be too scared to run a grow in a trailer, at least an old one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know these people have for ten years. Smoke was first seen in front of home in ceiling away from garden area. Fire fighters said yesterday it was bad wiring in ceiling or wall that initiated the fire.

 

Its bad enough the public makes speculative comments about us it shouldn't come from with-in our own community, no wiring was 'rigged'....And once wood, fabric, and what ever else will burn flames up an electrical breaker switch tripping won't stop a fire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well by rigging - we meant extension cords (too small wire diameter for load) power strips (note: not intended to carry high amps), fixing the electrical panel as not to trip due to high amp loads.

 

The other issue is many trailers can be canadian made, so different codes for wiring. For example, they use smaller gauge wire for lighting, and heavier gauge wire appropriate for outlets. The lighting wiring cannot handle higher amps due to its smaller gauge wire. Lighting wire runs along the top of the trailer, the outlet wiring runs along the sides of the trailer.

 

In the event of a electrical fire, the first thing you need to do is shut off the MAIN on the electrical panel, usual the wire shorting should trip a brreaker, but if you 'jigged' it, it might not trip and keep providing electricity to BURN. NEVER fight a electrical fire with water, use Dry agents.

 

DN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...