Would Romney Be Worse For Medical Marijuana Than Obama?

AKenewell

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ontheissu...Biden_Drugs.htm

this guy was the leader on the war on drugs, back in the 80s

Took lead on drug policy & narcotics control

Biden has sought to take the lead on drug policy, spearheading creation of a “Drug Czar” and crafting laws to control narcotics--measures that are widely viewed as pretty much of a failure.

BUT I STILL say MITT will be worse

Biden appears to have soften up a bit

Edited by cristinew

Not sure? Yup, that's what I thought.

My God, for how pedantic you are you sure know how to cherry-pick. I never said Obama attacked in Michigan. How about those Cali dispensaries though? I despise Bush but even Bush wasn't as aggressive as Obama in snuffing out dispensaries.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

My God, for how pedantic you are you sure know how to cherry-pick.

It was the basis for your whole concept. The sky isn't falling if Henny really didn't get hit. Maybe you were a little out there and can't back it up that Obama is cracking down on medical cannabis? I think your statement was too broad to fit the true reality of the situation. Which is that the feds are not messing with Michigan patients at all. At least, not the ones with 12 plant and 2.5 z's. And caregivers with up to 5 patients and 72 or less plants.

Maybe you ought to listen to the man speak before you bunny muffin out your mouth. Convince yourself of what you want. Liberals want everything from gov, King did NOT!

MLK was a Republican yes but today i am sure he would be a libertarian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

he preamble outlines the party's goal: "As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others." Its Statement of Principles begins: "We, the members of the Libertarian Party, challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and defend the rights of the individual." The platform emphasizes individual liberty in personal and economic affairs, avoidance of "foreign entanglements", and military and economic intervention in other nations' affairs and free trade and migration. It calls for Constitutional limitations on government as well as the elimination of most state functions. It includes a "Self-determination" section which quotes from the Declaration of Independence and reads: "Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of individual liberty, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to agree to such new governance as to them shall seem most likely to protect their liberty." It also includes an "Omissions" section which reads: "Our silence about any other particular government law, regulation, ordinance, directive, edict, control, regulatory agency, activity, or machination should not be construed to imply approval."

I've heard a lot people say. "Dispensaries are just an unnecessary middleman that drives up the prices of medicine to the patient." In my area of Michigan, and I'm not speaking for myself or the whole state, dispensaries are kind of looked down upon.

Would you support a Federal crackdown California-style, Celliach?

Mighty,

Do you support an across the board crackdown of everything medical marijuana by Romney? That would make what is going on in Cali WITH DISPENSARIES look like a picnic.

I assume that is a rhetorical question. If you go back and read the article it specifically asked people who are saying Romney would be so much worse to substantiate that sentiment. What you are doing could be called fear-mongering in contrast.

For clarification on a related question do you think Obama has been better than, the same as or worse than Bush on medical marijuana?

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

I assume that is a rhetorical question. If you go back and read the article it specifically asked people who are saying Romney would be so much worse to substantiate that sentiment. What you are doing could be called fear-mongering in contrast.

For clarification do you think Obama has been better than, the same as or worse than Bush on medical marijuana?

Bush was a bungler. He messed everything up.

I'm a realist and I see the two choices plain as day.

Romney doesn't even believe in medical marijuana, he says that flatly. That is really showing a lack of knowledge, no matter how you slice it. With his lack of ability to undersatnd basic concepts like medical marijuana, he's not fit to lead. Case closed. Obama wins. Plain as day.