Would Romney Be Worse For Medical Marijuana Than Obama?

AKenewell

VP doesn't have any power unless the president gives it to him. (i.e. Bush/Cheney) The candidates often end up in cabinet positions. (i.e. Hillary & Biden)

Paul doesn't believe that half the cabinet positions should exist, so where do you put him?

BTW, Paul isn't running for his congressional seat. He's looking to retire his career from a lofty position.

Paul doesn't really care about MMJ. He lumps it into the state's rights argument, and uses it as a wedge issue to get support. If Romney cracks down on MMJ that won't have anything to do with him. I could just see Paul making a statement now, "As vice-president, I don't have any control over the justice department."

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul doesn't really care about MMJ. He lumps it into the state's rights argument, and uses it as a wedge issue to get support. If Romney cracks down on MMJ that won't have anything to do with him. I could just see Paul making a statement now, "As vice-president, I don't have any control over the justice department."

He sure seems to care about patients being able to have access to medical marijuana when he talks about cancer patients who are dying without it. Kindly overlook the "stupid" comment and understand the meaning of Ron Paul's words on medical marijuana.

Of course Ron Paul will endorse Romney. Heh. He has endorsed McCain, Dubya Bush twice, Dole, H.W. Bush once.

He is a republican.

He just wants a good speaking slot at the convention. He is retiring. His last hurrah. Thats about it.

I was just discussing this VP stuff with Celliach earlier. We came down to 2 candidates who will likely be VP.

John Thune or Jeb Bush. I have reason to believe Jeb doesnt want it because he wants to run in 2016,... so i guess we are going with Thune as the Republican VP nominee.

We shall see. :-)

Haha, what???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/10/ron-paul-rejected-appeal_n_125469.html

WASHINGTON — Republican Rep. Ron Paul, the libertarian-leaning Texas lawmaker who attracted a devoted following in the GOP primaries, said Wednesday he rejected an appeal to endorse John McCain's presidential bid.

Paul said the request came from Phil Gramm, the former McCain adviser and ex-senator whom the campaign jettisoned after he said the country was a "nation of whiners" about the economy. Gramm defeated Paul in the Republican primary for the Senate in 1984.

Speaking to reporters at a news conference, Paul said Gramm called him this week and told him, "You need to endorse McCain." The Texas congressman said he refused.

"The idea was that he would do less harm than the other candidate," Paul said.

Mut Romny for prez??? If he gets elected we can all kiss our bass goodbye.

Along with our families our homes and what little money we may have.

Any man that thinks it is okay to strap his dog to the roof of his car has serious judgement issues.

If you or I were to do that we would feel the full wrath of the court system in a heart beat.

What kind of a moron says he doesn't believe in medical marijuana at this point? Most republicans at least acknowledge the benefits. But Romney doesn't believe in it? He's the worst of the worst. And having Ron Paul's endorsement doesn't make him any smarter. The wall of hate in his mind has made him stupid. And that's on more issues than just medical marijuana. Step slightly out of Mitt's strick mentality and you are fake and not real. If Paul endorses Romney and becomes his running mate I expect a lot of spin from Paul supporters that somehow Romney is now our man. How any cannabis advocate could stomach that is beyond me, but they will.

I expect you are absolutely talking out of your asss, that's what I expect. A few posts ago Malamute claimed Paul endorsed all those Republican Presidents. Now you are acting like it's inevitable for Ron Paul to endorse Romney. We know Malamute is wrong. I'm thinking your chances aren't too good either. When it comes to those guys the article is about, well Mitt's a moron and Barack is a traitor to the cause. It's a wash and it's been obvious for a while.

I expect you are absolutely talking out of your asss, that's what I expect. A few posts ago Malamute claimed Paul endorsed all those Republican Presidents. Now you are acting like it's inevitable for Ron Paul to endorse Romney. We know Malamute is wrong. I'm thinking your chances aren't too good either. When it comes to those guys the article is about, well Mitt's a moron and Barack is a traitor to the cause. It's a wash and it's been obvious for a while.

No need to continue to be juvenile. We are adults here, I hope. lol I said IF. You really need to read the wording. All the wording, not just what you want to read.

To say It's A WASH is just a cop out to be lazy, in my opinion. Romney says he doesn't believe in medical marijuana. What part of that do you not understand Mighty?

I do understand it. What part of Obama was a major smoker and should know Cannabis is a healer but instead has attacked the medical marijuana infrastructure don't you understand?

I do understand it. What part of Obama was a major smoker and should know Cannabis is a healer but instead has attacked the medical marijuana infrastructure don't you understand?

Obama doesn't attack medical marijuana.

List the actions here in Michigan you are referring to. I don't think you can come up with even one. Let's see who is talking out the wrong orifice.

The Democratic party was the party of slavery, they supported Jim Crow laws, segragation, and the KKK. Republicans freed the slaves and in fact MLK was a Republican. Planned parenthood created to eliminate blacks. Dems have the fools fooled!

Looks like there are a lot of republicans coming out of the closet. A lot of the closet folks are out and out racists, birthers, and assorted nut cases. I'm not saying all repubs are that way, a lot are just trying to protect their wealth, or vote what the American Taliban church told them to do. But all in all it's quite a group you guys have assembled........shredder