Mission To Syria - Can We Raise Money For Good Cause?

I have been mulling around publicity stunts to draw attention to the abuses we must endure as second, er I mean, third class citizens. Gosh, to be a second class citizen again....

Anyway, how about we raise money (or tell the press we are raising money) for an all expense paid tour of scenic Syria?

This is for a large, very large contingent of Michigan Politicians to go on a fact finding tour of the battlegrounds. Maybe an indefinite stay to learn all there is to learn about these artillery battles....

What do you think? Got any other ideas?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't believe right now they could go on a fact finding tour of Syria even if they wanted to Wash. That is a full blown civil war right now and we do not have an established "no-fly" zone in place even over Rebel territory. I hope that changes and I also hope the free Syrian people will forgive the western world for not doing more to help them...

I don't believe right now they could go on a fact finding tour of Syria even if they wanted to Wash. That is a full blown civil war right now and we do not have an established "no-fly" zone in place even over Rebel territory. I hope that changes and I also hope the free Syrian people will forgive the western world for not doing more to help them...

Kinda reeks of the Rwandan massacres in the previous generation, doesn't it?

Human rights violations usually aren't enough. We need to combine human rights violations with loss of oil revenue in order to gather up a critical mass of interest. Bummer for those in oil-poor countries who are laying down their very existence in order to try to create freedom for future generations.

We really do have it pretty good here in the USA.