Deleted posts -- Unambiguous Compliance Rules

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still perplexed that those of us with a very clear understanding of the reality on the ground are still arguing with each other. High info people know what is clearly legal and what is not clear or clearly illegal. There is no question. The COA did not rule on Pt to Pt without renumeration. "They did not Rule!" They did not rule, does not mean they except it as legal, or that prosecutors cannot challenge it in the future.

We have recently had a couple favorable rulings in the supreme court, but we should not go jumping off a cliff thinking we can fly.

Are you serious?  After three years you honestly don't know how to get genetics without posting about it on an internet forum board?  C'mon, you and everyone else, are a lot smarter than that.  You're creating a straw man argument.

.....and if you really want to use the internet here's that link for you again:  Michigan Free Seeds and Clones

Now how can you say we are stopping or censoring people's behavior?  </p></p>

Geez, I gave you the link for that other website twice already.  How many times do you want me to answer your question?  I'm getting the feeling that you're just trying to start trouble by asking the same question over and over after it's been answered every time.

Another avenue of meeting people involved in the MMJ community is to attend and/or start-up a compassion club in your area.  It's a great way for new patients to meet people.</p>

Well, if a patient signs a caregiver that does not have genetics for the purpose of providing them genetics to start their own grow, well, that is not a good strategy, what can I say? If a patient wants genetics to start a grow, they should find a caregiver that has them, right? Isn't that the point?

But to claim that the law doesn't provide for it is willful ignorance.

You have to have a caregiver to acquire genetics?! What caregiver would sign a patient for the sole purpose of transferring genetics to get them started? They would have to unsign them immediately for the patient to start growing. Again I thought patients are protected in acquiring medical marijuana from any source, even one not in the program.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

You have to have a caregiver to acquire genetics?! What caregiver would sign a patient for the sole purpose of transferring genetics to get them started? They would have to unsign them immediately for the patient to start growing. Again I thought patients are protected in acquiring medical marijuana from any source, even one not in the program.

I thought patients are protected in acquiring medical marijuana from any source and i do agree with this

even one not in the program now this one is iffy imho

How many times do they need to answer this question? At least 10 times this loaded question has been asked, and 10 times it has been explained to. You sign a caregiver but keep possession of your plants. Then you get genetics from that caregiver. That is, atm, the only legal way to obtain genetics in MI according to the law if you are trying to be unambiguously compliant.

There isn't another legal way to obtain genetics in MI and you know it. I'm so sick of people asking the same loaded questions trying to prop up their straw man arguments.

Or you can obtain them the same way people have been doing it for years, just don't talk about it on an open internet forum.

You can not like it, but it is what it is. Arguing isn't going to change anything, it will just cause uncertainty in new patients leading to risky situations. But I guess you are OK with new patients unknowingly putting themselves at risk for legal problems, because YOU feel that the law should be one way. This site has gone another direction, and if you don't like it no one is forcing you to stick around.

I think we may have a disconnect. It is perfectly reasonable for a caregiver to sign a patient to teach them to grow and acquire genetics. I have personally made this arrangement with a couple of patients.

Even if that caregiver-to-be is actually just a patient, by the magic of the caregiver attestation, they can become a caregiver, and thereby unambiguously legally, transfer genetics, and medicine, to the patient in need. They need not ever possess the patient's plants, and there is no unsigning or any sort of chicanery needed.

Patients are protected in acquiring from any source. It is a personal decision if a patient decides to engage in transfer with a caregiver or another patient that is unprotected, or even a non-cardholder. It is not, however, a good idea to post about the act later on an internet forum, and this site's policy would not allow it.

All the public knows is PB has offered clones. Interested patients can contact him via PM. It doesn't hurt the patients or the site at all.

So if one must have a CG to "Acquire" where did the CG Acquire from originally? I dont recall any wording in the Act that dictates one can only Acquire from their Assigned CG.

Infact, that Misinformation was iterated by the AG in the State in his "Clearing the Air" seminars he tried to illegally hold last fall.

How does that help Visiting Patients? If one must have a CG to acquire anything, and a Visiting Patient can Acquire here in the State per our act, but can not have a CG, then Please explain to me how my Aunt, which is coming into the state next week and has just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer in late stage 3, is supposed to "Legally and Safely Acquire" the meds she needs?

You have 2 days to answer this question for me as she will be here Monday and has a Dr appointment Tues Am, and will be looking to get her meds by Tuesday Afternoon?

And what happens if peanutbutter is under investigation and LEO subpenas info from this site based on his post? Think about it for a second.

Then that is on PB. It's his personal risk. The patients would still be protected in acquiring medical marijuana and the site should be fine.

I am not good with this. The MMMA needs to follow a path of absolute safety. It is the only responsible thing to do.

What do you think are the worst potential consequences for the site if PB was allowed to make an informational post about clones being available? A locked thread, as usual.

Please read the following statement, taken from the recent Supreme Court ruling in King:

"The MMMA does not create a general right for individuals to use and possess

marijuana in Michigan. Possession, manufacture, and delivery of marijuana remain

punishable offenses under Michigan law."

It explains why we are having some issues with interpretation.

The MMMA itself does not create the right, it provides the avenue for a Dr. to reccomend that you have the right and then the MMMA grants the right IMO. There needs to be a qualifier.

Edited by Mememe

What do you think are the worst potential consequences for the site if PB was allowed to make an informational post about clones being available? A locked thread, as usual.

The 3MA could lose it's non-profit status.

The 3MA could find itself embroiled in a RICO suit.

The #ma could become the feeding grounds for LEO.

Do you need more reasons?

Can you show a case where such a thing happened? If it did happen what would be the most detrimental effect?

So what you're saying is just because it hasn't happened, it won't happen? Does that mean you're also inferring that we shouldn't try to protect patients from the messed up legal system because they haven't been hassled by LEO yet? I don't understand you're argument. It seems you're taking a stance that being careful and avoiding arrest is a bad thing.

So what you're saying is just because it hasn't happened, it won't happen? Does that mean you're also inferring that we shouldn't try to protect patients from the messed up legal system because they haven't been hassled by LEO yet? I don't understand you're argument. It seems you're taking a stance that being careful and avoiding arrest is a bad thing.

I thought we already established that patients are at no risk in obtaining clones from PB or anyone else.

I thought we already established that patients are at no risk in obtaining clones from PB or anyone else.

I believe that to be true. I don't know whether your local LEO and prosecutor believe that to be true. Do you want to be the patient that is standing there getting clones from someone when they are arrested?

Here it is in a nutshell:

The 3MA is a meeting place, not a place to conduct business of any kind.

If you want to conduct business over the internet, there are other places where that is allowed and we would be happy to link you to something that might be of interest to you without endorsing the actions of the site on the other end of the link.