Things That Make You Go Hmmm…...

AKenewell

Every four years, we get the ol' "Who would you rather have a beer with?" question about presidential candidates. It got me thinking. Romney and Obama aside, if you could share your meds with one person from history... who would it be and why? I think you have to leave out religious figures as well.

For me? I think Thomas Jefferson... As a founding father who wrote the Declaration of Independence, he put his life in danger in doing that.. if the British caught him… they would have killed him. He was also the third president and it's amazing how different the world must be from that time. What would he say about the world today?

A second choice? Maybe HG Wells.. turn of the century science fiction author. He envisioned travel to the moon...genetic engineering, aliens and all sorts of cool stuff…

Getting Jimi baked would be super-cool.

I think you got that statement backwards.. I think Jimi would be getting us baked...lol

Count me in for Ben Franklin.. The dude flew kites in a storm, had to either have some good stuff or be one crazy mofo to hang with.

Hard to narrow it down so I made a short list in no particular order:

Frederick Neitsche

Salvador Dali

Vincent Van Gogh

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

Jon Paul Sartre

Thomas Jefferson

Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thomas Paine

Emma Goldberg

Jan Hus

Martin Luther

I could easily add another 100 people to this list.

Abraham Lincoln because his two favorite things were sitting on his front porch with a bowl of sweet hemp.

Willy Nelson because he has done so much to highlight (no pun intended) marijuana

Jack Herrer (I shared a bowl with him at Hash Bash 1987) because of his book, "The Emperor Wears No Clothes." And all that he has done to educate the people. RIP my friend, I miss you.

My friend, Gatewood Galbraith, former candidate for governor of KY, A man far ahead of his time. RIP my friend. we shall meet again.

And sooooo many more!

Edited by Herb Cannabis

Getting Jimi baked would be super-cool. I'm going to go with Nicola Tesla because I would want to see what happened when the cannabinoids started to sink in. It could have sent him in a whole new direction with his inventions.

I 2nd that

AK, not Mitt? I am surprised....lol

What about another angle on this? You might have been able to save millions of lives if you could have sat down and shared a doobie with Adolf Hitler, say every Tuesday night after bowling league.

I've always said that mj is 'perspective in a baggie'. Mr. Hitler, say in 1930 or so, could certainly have used some fresh perspectives