Chippewa 420 Club Owner Arrested

There are accusations a group in Chippewa County went far beyond the Medical Marijuana Act.

The ten are in jail now, accused of crossing many boundaries.

The investigation resulted in 20 counts of child abuse, numerous drug charges and more.

The County Prosecutor says the investigation started when deputies found marijuana plants while responding to a domestic assault.

Search warrants covered places in Kincheloe, Saint Ignace, Sault Ste. Marie and Brimley where investigators found hundreds of marijuana plants, hash oil, money and records.

The suspects face additional charges for children as young as two being present during the crimes.

More arrests are expected.

http://www.9and10news.com/story/19743587/several-arrests-made-in-month-long-investigation

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eastern Upper Peninsula -- Ten people are currently in jail following a month-long investigation and the execution of search warrant on Thursday, according to a joint press release from Chippewa County Prosecuting Attorney Brian Peppler and Chippewa County Sheriff Robert Savoie.

The arrested individuals include:

• Jimmie D. Miller, 55, of Brimley for criminal enterprise, operating/possessing a lab in the presence of minors, seven counts of fourth degree child abuse and manufacture/delivery of marijuana.

• Patricia M. Sawasky, 46, of Brimley for criminal enterprise, fourth degree child abuse and manufacture/delivery of marijuana.

• Jeremy L. Miller, 34, of Brimley for criminal enterprise, four counts of fourth degree child abuse and two counts for manufacture and delivery of marijuana.

• Nichole M. Miller, 32, of Brimley for criminal enterprise, four counts of fourth degree child abuse and two counts manufacture/delivery of marijuana.

• Nicole L. Sherman/Miller, 30, of Brimley for criminal enterprise, two counts of fourth degree child abuse and manufacture/delivery of marijuana.

• John D. Sawasky, 24, of Brimley, 24, of Brimley for criminal enterprise and manufacture/delivery of marijuana.

• Robert C. Tadgerson, 55, of Brimley for criminal enterprise and manufacture/delivery of marijuana.

• Stuart J. Young, 39, of Barbeau for criminal enterprise and manufacture/delivery of marijuana.

• Lori M. Young, 59, of Barbeau for criminal enterprise and manufacture/delivery of marijuana.

• David E. Ripley, 55, of the Sault on two counts of fourth degree child abuse.

"This is a black eye on all legitimate medicinal applications of marijuana," said Peppler of the Thursday bust. This isn't about compassion, it's about greed — it makes it tough for all of the legitimate users."

Savoie echoed those sentiments.

"This is not an attack against the medical marijuana law and legal caregivers," he said. "This is a criminal enterprise — drugs for profit."

The investigation began when sheriff deputies were called to an unspecified residence in response to a domestic assault complaint. Evidence compiled since that visit led to the execution of multiple search warrants Thursday in Kinross, St. Ignace, Sault Ste. Marie and Brimley where authorities believe they have uncovered a criminal conspiracy to traffic marijuana and hash oil. Several hundred marijuana plants, multiple pounds of marijuana, hash oil and cash were among the items seized during the raid.

The Chippewa County Sheriff's Office was assisted by members of Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement (SANE), Bay Mills Police and Child Protective Services.

Nine of the arrested individuals are being charged with conducting a criminal enterprise, a felony, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. The fourth degree child abuse charges stem from authorities' belief that minor children as young as 2-years-old were in and around the operation while marijuana was being grown, processed and smoked; the misdemeanor charge carries a maximum penalty of one year behind bars.

Manufacturing/delivery of marijuana is a felony which carries a maximum penalty of up to seven years in prison, while operating or maintaining a laboratory in the presence of a minor is a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

All 10 of the arrested individuals will be arraigned in the 91st District Court.

Im assuming they found oil and extractors.

Without reading a police report I am merely speculating that they found devices such as pots, electric hot plates and other supplies to make hash oil.

Which could be construed as being a lab. Example: the one pot cooking method for meth...

So far I have not seen any mention of anyone being carded.

Btw heads up cps has a new weapon they are testing.. read the article carefully to see it.

FF - CPS, child under 2 years old in the presence of smoking marijuana and making hash oil. A 2 year old cannot move to fresh air, or complain about the smoke. Making hash oil is dangerous, would you want your 2 year old around a chainsaw? This 'child abuse law' has been in use for awhile. It is a misdemeanor, but the charge can be used to start CPS investigation into parenting skills.

As far as I know, Jim Miller has a card and is a caregiver, and I would assume most of the rest of them had cards as well.

I can't comment on their activites, but Jim seems like a nice guy. I used to go up to Mel's and buy fireworks from him every year before they made them all legal and took the fun out of it.

here it is in the local paper

http://www.upnorthli....aspx?id=809741

MrK

"Police say the drugs were grown at a location in Brimley,

which was being disguised as a medical marijuana operation.

Hundreds of marijuana plants along with gallons of hash oil were taken from the scene."

Cannabis is a plant, where's all the drugs?

Good job on that disguise, too bad these people are deaf, dumb and blind.

FF - CPS, child under 2 years old in the presence of smoking marijuana and making hash oil

A LIE from the cops just to take kids away from their parents, welcome to the war on drugs,

I've dealt with CPS here in otsego county due to a wacked out realtive all pilled up and crazy calling in some BS reports.

Thankfully they were very nice and so was the State Trooper that came along with the social worker. They could have easily made my life a living hell, but they didn't. They even gave me time to call my attorney while they waited.

Chippewa county is the worst for the abuse of the CPS as we can see in this case

As of Friday night, all the children have been placed in the care of child protective services and are safe from the dangerous conditions

Notice how all the Kids were taken from all of them , and are now safe from the dangerous conditions,??

BULL

Edited by cristinew

Chippewa county is the worst for the abuse of the CPS as we can see in this case

As of Friday night, all the children have been placed in the care of child protective services and are safe from the dangerous conditions

Notice how all the Kids were taken from all of them , and are now safe from the dangerous conditions,??

BULL

Yeah. Don't know how safe they are in CPS' custody. I've heard lots of horror stories.

FF - CPS, child under 2 years old in the presence of smoking marijuana and making hash oil. A 2 year old cannot move to fresh air, or complain about the smoke. Making hash oil is dangerous, would you want your 2 year old around a chainsaw? This 'child abuse law' has been in use for awhile. It is a misdemeanor, but the charge can be used to start CPS investigation into parenting skills.

I understand what you are saying, my point in the matter is that the mere implication of marijuana use in the presents of a non carded minor could cause a lot of grief.

In no way do I condone the use of mmj or the making of hash oil in presents of children. My hope is that people will take the time and think through their actions before risking problems with the state agencies.

The thing is they all were not making Hash Oil and they all lost their kids because they were MM Patients, one of the guys arrested had one bag of pot in his home and lost 3 of his children he was not making hash oil or smoking around the kids ,, they just took them because he was a cancer patient on MM

The thing is they all were not making Hash Oil and they all lost their kids because they were MM Patients, one of the guys arrested had one bag of pot in his home and lost 3 of his children he was not making hash oil or smoking around the kids ,, they just took them because he was a cancer patient on MM

This if true is just what I was pointing to.

It is an abuse of power by the overzealous to continue subjecting us in order to reinforce prohibition.

Their motto is dig until we find something to hold over our heads. If we can not find something we can create it through manipulation of their children.

Keep a close eye on this folks and it will speak for itself.