Ripper Bait

Rippers are a problem. A serious one.

Rippers don't usually hit one single place. Usually they are a couple of young people in the area that are also breaking into other homes and businesses.

Areas suddenly have a crime wave of home invasions.

With a grower, the rippers will many times take a few buds and figure out when the crop will finish.

Then they come back a week or two before the bud is ready and take the entire crop.

Law enforcement is very interested in stopping crime waves. When the ripper can be identified, it serves the whole community. Not just the mmj patient, but everyone.

The mmj grower is in a unique place. They know the ripper is coming back. And they have a good idea of when they will return.

This COULD provide the grower with police protection for their grow against the ripper. As the grow is being watched for the return of the rippers.

You have to do all the surveilance yourself. Make the case yourself. And take them to civil court. When you have them right in your grow, you call 911, and tell them there's someone stealing from you and they have a deadly weapon. That's the only way they will even come out and investigate. They come out and id the ripper for you. That way you have a name to add to your video. That's the only way to handle them. If they are juveniles you can sue their parents for $1500.

You have to do all the surveilance yourself. Make the case yourself. And take them to civil court. When you have them right in your grow, you call 911, and tell them there's someone stealing from you and they have a deadly weapon. That's the only way they will even come out and investigate. They come out and id the ripper for you. That way you have a name to add to your video. That's the only way to handle them. If they are juveniles you can sue their parents for $1500.

I depends on how bad the crime wave is. If they really want to shut down the wave, they may be interested in some surveillance. For a very limited period of time.

I think an outside party would have to make initial inquiries for the sake of grower safety.

Or Just..... Nah, I ain't going there. But calling rippers a "crime wave" is a stretch. Rippers run the gammat from seasoned pro to opportunistic kids. Keep your trap shut and your grow secure.

In our area, the police are asking for help.

They figure there are at least two different crews working the area.

Rippers are also home invaders. They steal more than just cannabis.

Edited by peanutbutter

I have a few freinds who had out door grows this year. I recommended to all of them to put bait pile cameras up and around there grow. All of them did had some out side of the closed locked facility and some inside as well. You can get some cheap digatl cameras these days and a bait pile camera which is basically just a motion sencer that snaps pics as needed. Any way long story short one of them had a guest visit a few times. He was in a mask so we could not identify needless to say a few of us hung out there for a few nights in a row and low and behold he showed up to a few spot lights and five angry guys. He ran, but never came back. Plants where all accounted for and cut down this week. So for those out door grows a bait pile camera can save your grow or atleast get photos of a ripper. Peace SS

If a ripper gets to your medical grow, it means that you should take "locked and secured" more seriously.

Dude, I had a fake IED strapped on to the three inch thick solid wood doors. I figured you didn't even have to be able to read to understand that.

Cameras, lights .. yet they were still coming at me.

The more underground the better

I took a friend of mine to a clinic on friday in Taylor out front stood a group of patient/growers bragging about their crops showing pictures hopping in and out of their vehicles all it takes is one connection inside DMV clerical or police dispatch to get all of their info via their plate .

Another thing i found funny this one guy was talking about his backyard grow in Oakland county i said be carefull Oakland county doesn't want to recognize your card he got all indignant telling me he felt safe and would rather grow in Oakland county than any other place in the state i laughed under my breath a bit people just are so uninformed in our state i tell ya.

tis the seaon for the mean ole ripper, I JUST had this convo yesterday with someone..

I was a victim of a home invasion. where all my plants were stolen.. Yes the police were happy I called and reported that I was robbed.. cause they took ME to jail, never even gave two sheets about the one who robbed me.. nope.. they even knew his name and address.. true story, and he still walks the streets ready to rob you today as well... its up to you all not to show everyone or let ANYONE know about your grow.. tis the time for ripping..leo is looking and so are the thieves,when the leaves start changing so do people attitudes and gonads when it come to ripping you off.. NEW PTS BEWARE keep your grows to yourself!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes, when not 1 or 2 but 3 differant people have seen me and been like check this out!! FIRST thing i said was are you dumb, and 2 I don't wanna see nothing..I don't wanna become ANYONE's suspect...and why now WHY right at this point in your grow would you invite someone to "check out your plants" congrats dummy hopefully you didn't do this all for not..

Live and learn, I guess will never happen on my end of the screen again.. trust no one!

Trix

:bong2:

so you guys still grow in the same spot that you got ripped on the first time?

how did rippers find your grow? sight? smell? word of mouth? or just dumb luck?

anyone adopt a big dog from a pound? i hear some thieves are scared of dogs.

since booby traps (bear traps, electrified fences, snares) are illegal, new plan.

get some small gps tracking devices and tie them to your buds.

or , i was thinking about some plastic (fake) plants, that you put in your yard to see if your local county/state/city cops harass you about outdoor grows. be fun to waste their resources with plastic plants anyways haha.

Ok, here is the story. A buddy calls me last week and says there is a raid in progress not far from my place, he describes the house and I realize I know the guys Mom and he is a young dude (very early 20's) My buddy says that LEO are out back in a garage behind the house removing plants. Long story short , by the time I drove by there they were gone. Some other friends and I figured another buddy of ours had to have been sweating bullets as his enclosed outdoor grow could not have been more than 150 yds from the raided house.

This morning my buddy runs into the enclosed grow guy at the gas station and asks him if he was aware of what went down? He says " yea, I was aware, I was the one that called the cops. The kid and a couple buddies ripped his plants"! Apparently they waited until 2am or so and cut his chain link fence to get in, then trampled right across the field that separates the two houses leaving a very visible trail (see dumb).

To top it off LEO gave my buddy back his plants and they are charging the kid with a long list of felonies.

From my perspective I do not know if I would have called the cops or not and even then when tehy handed them back I would have been a bit hesitant knowing I am only allowed 2.5oz as a patient. But it is good to know that in my county it appears LEO will go after the the real criminals instead of us.

Edited by SFC

what a story!!

Things can start getting crazy this time of the year, especially for the grower.. it can be OCD like paranoia.(in my case anyways)

Even though I called the cops about being robbed,I won after telling my story in court.. Though they still didnt pursue the crime after the fact. Not ALL leo are bad, infact several that were first on scene at my robbery were very sad and seemingly cared till officer I hate everything changed the game..

Keep it hushhhhh hushhhhhh..... :watching:

Trix

happy harvest's everyone

:bong2:

This was Tuscola county BTW. Our Sheriff is a great guy and even our prosecutor after having had to run for his job this past summer seems to have a much better perspective on things and definitely has come to realize we are not a force of evil and we definitely vote.