Question For Folks Against Gun Control Laws

washtenaut

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever watch the show Preppers? Really is rather amusing. I really liked the one in the old west amusement park (especially as they were explaining how hole #3 on the putt putt course also served as a sniper's nest covering the front entrance). They all seem very heavy on weapons to fight off the hoards and very weak on planning to actually live. Example one guy (who loved to show off his weapons and silencers) put in 150K underground storage tank/bunker with INTERNET ACCESS because the world infrastructure was going down. Is the internet infrastructure?

I hope more of these bunker types arm up. That way if I need 9mm rounds, I can trade clean water for them. Pound per pound. Then make more water...lol.

Dr. Bob

For those who feel that an unarmed populace is prey for their govt. i would like to point out that Japan, to some extent England and many other countries do not allow

handguns and yet manage to have elections and treat their people fair enough. Your argument could be used as a strainer.

I am really fearful for the Canadian people too!

Edited by mrd

your not that scared are you bob ? really ,

Mrd you can always move to Canada or japan

http://www.pbs.org/w...al-programming/

this is a good watch ,,, not gun grabbing , a real look into how they tick and how to fix

Now My Activism

I am proud to announce that three pro Second Amendment rights bills passed out of my first Senate Judiciary Committee of this new legislative session on January 24, 2013. SB 49 and SB 63 are waiting to be heard on the Senate Floor, and SB 60 has passed out of the Senate and is currently in the House. These are very important and pressing issues in regards to defending and p rotecting our Second Amendment r ights.

Thank you again for your support defending Second Amendment rights.

Sincerely,

Rick Jones

State Senator

District 24

Edited by cristinew

this is a good watch ,,, not gun grabbing , a real look into how they tick and how to fix

Now My Activism

I am proud to announce that three pro Second Amendment rights bills passed out of my first Senate Judiciary Committee of this new legislative session on January 24, 2013. SB 49 and SB 63 are waiting to be heard on the Senate Floor, and SB 60 has passed out of the Senate and is currently in the House. These are very important and pressing issues in regards to defending and p rotecting our Second Amendment r ights.

Sincerely,

Rick Jones

State Senator

District 24

Actually, my last trip to a traveling gun show did bother me and after looking at his posts, yes, I am concerned.

MRD doesn't have to move, we don't exile people we don't agree with in this county. We debate and reach consensus. You get to promote your position, he gets to promote his. The audience decides the merits of each. Prior to the 2nd amendment, we have the 1st. You might want to check that sometime.

By the way, I noticed you posted a story about a homeowner shooting a home invasion robber (don't know the full story, but I'll take it as presented). Shot, handcuffed, and on the ground. Did she shoot him 30 times, or did a couple of well placed gut shots do the trick? Way to keep your head homeowner.

Dr. Bob

You have read his Turner Diary posts, right? That is standing up for rights? About like you telling MRD to move to Japan is standing up for his rights?

Dr. Bob

Turner Diary posts? What are you talking about? And Japan is not AMERICA! We have a constitution declaring our god given human rights!

I don't own weapons but I fought overseas to defend the rights you and your communist prezzy tread on.

Hey Bob! Why is the DHS and police departments training with these targets? The government has contracted with the company making these targets!

Is your local police department using pictures of pregnant women and children for target practice?

LittleBoy.png

PregnantWoman.png?h=495&w=500

What if I told you police in your town could desensitize themselves to the idea of shooting a (armed) child, pregnant woman, or young mother, for just a couple of bucks? The "No More Hesitation" series from Law Enforcement Targets Inc. offers exactly that. For less than 99 cents per target, police can shoot at real-life images "designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training."

Read more:

http://reason.com/blog/2013/02/19/is-your-local-police-department-using-pi

your not that scared are you bob ? really , Mrd you can always move to Canada or japan http://www.pbs.org/w...al-programming/ this is a good watch ,,, not gun grabbing , a real look into how they tick and how to fix Now My Activism I am proud to announce that three pro Second Amendment rights bills passed out of my first Senate Judiciary Committee of this new legislative session on January 24, 2013. SB 49 and SB 63 are waiting to be heard on the Senate Floor, and SB 60 has passed out of the Senate and is currently in the House. These are very important and pressing issues in regards to defending and p rotecting our Second Amendment r ights. Thank you again for your support defending Second Amendment rights. Sincerely, Rick Jones State Senator District 24

Thank you Cristinew for all you do for liberty. You are a true patriot!

You know what really scares me? The fact that folks like illumi can, with enough money, go out and buy a Barrett 50 cal that can take down a helicopter, drone, or Cessna for that matter. Why is it available? Dr. Bob

Bob do you know what scares me? That indoctrinated "MD's" like you are allowed to kill millions of americans a year pushing their 'legal' drugs with no consequence but.... then go whine about the ""scary" guns.

Oh and btw I've handled 50 cal machine guns locked and loaded daily for 15 months in the desert and never once shot a friendly or Iraqi. I'm intelligent enough to know how to operate a tool sir. I also have no desire to squander 10k on a barret.

Again, your post is blatantly inflammatory. I've personally NEVER seen targets like that, but if you read the description you see they are very specific for threat training.

These situations happen and it seems the purpose of those targets is to address the psychological hesitation that an officer or any person would face it that situation. Since you are apparently a combat vet, what would your feelings and reaction be to a child approaching your position with an RPG and getting ready to fire? Would you kill the young enemy combatant or would you hesitate? In both of those targets, that hesitation is addressed. If you hesitate in that situation you and/or your partner/squadmates would lose your lives. Those situations are brutal and really happen. Those targets are designed to address that specifically rather than 'routine' target practice for cops and DHS officers. You seem to imply they do that sort of thing for jollies or to prepare them to kill helpless pregnant women and children. I think many in here understand that is not the case.

While I thank you for your service to your country, I am very concerned about the severe anger and hostility you show law enforcement and the government. I suggest you seek counselling with the VA for the trauma and underlying issues you have demonstrated here.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

Ask the VA ?

DISARMING AMERICA’S HEROES

How would you feel if you received a letter from the U.S. Government informing you that because of a physical or mental condition that the government says you have it is proposing to rule that you are incompetent to handle your own financial affairs? Suppose that letter also stated that the government is going to appoint a stranger to handle your affairs for you at your expense? That would certainly be scary enough but it gets worse.

]https://usjf.net/201...ricas-heroes-2/

Edited by knucklehead bob

If you have a mental health issue that disqualifies you for firearm ownership/purchasing should that be put aside just because you are a veteran? What about felons that are veterans? Does being a veteran exempt you from following the regulations that non-veterans have to obey?

I'm a veteran too, and I served to protect a constitution and a body of laws that is equally applied to everyone.

Dr. Bob

Now My Activism

Sincerely,

Rick Jones

State Senator

District 24

You know when i was a teenager the anti liberals (Pro Vietnam War faction) would say love it or leave it. You are no smarter.

And I am concerned about liberals eroding our rights. You are in need of counseling if you believe the sh.it you spew.

While I thank you for your service to your country, I am very concerned about the severe anger and hostility you show law enforcement and the government. I suggest you seek counselling with the VA for the trauma and underlying issues you have demonstrated here.

Dr. Bob

Yep, they throw targets like that up next to a big scarey guy holding a book. Illum, you must have done the same thing in the Army. Trains you to look at hands more then anything else, ah I do miss the shoot house. Best range at bragg

I am sure that if he actually is a combat vet he either didn't have the training or forgot about it in his rant.

Dr. Bob

Turner Diary posts? What are you talking about? And Japan is not AMERICA! We have a constitution declaring our god given human rights!

I don't own weapons but I fought overseas to defend the rights you and your communist prezzy tread on.

Hey Bob! Why is the DHS and police departments training with these targets? The government has contracted with the company making these targets!

Is your local police department using pictures of pregnant women and children for target practice?

LittleBoy.png

PregnantWoman.png?h=495&w=500

What if I told you police in your town could desensitize themselves to the idea of shooting a (armed) child, pregnant woman, or young mother, for just a couple of bucks? The "No More Hesitation" series from Law Enforcement Targets Inc. offers exactly that. For less than 99 cents per target, police can shoot at real-life images "designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training."

Read more:

http://reason.com/bl...rtment-using-pi

There is freedom of religion in the Constitution but nothing about God. In God we trust was added to our money in the 1950's part of the virulent anti Communist fervor that was occurring in the USA. Our founding fathers were mostly humanists not Christians.

You have interpreted our rights many times as a liberal in this thread. Now you play the mental illness card on someone you disagree with, you prove his point. It is a liberal view to believe your going to save someone with legislation, lol.

For those who believe in our rights, time is wasted talking with pro government kiss rectume$.

And I support your 1st amendment rights to have that opinion. But I am far from a liberal.

Dr. Bob

Edited by nthlghts

You have interpreted our rights many times as a liberal in this thread. Now you play the mental illness card on someone you disagree with, you prove his point. It is a liberal view to believe your going to save someone with legislation, lol.

For those who believe in our rights, time is wasted talking with pro government kiss rectume$.

The mental illness card is a real card. The number of people who kill themselves with a gun is appalling. Now i am not calling any single person here metally ill (although dollars to doughnuts there are people who are.)

Those pics with the preg woman an the kid holding the gun make me think of our military. We spend BIG money training drone operators and snipers pattern recognition skills It takes a long time. After all you DO want the drone operator to take out the rocket launcher you DON't want to blow up the family in the sedan going to the market. Our politicians pretty up civilian deaths calling them collatoral damage. Sometimes it seems to be inevitable but it is still murder. So how many people can differentiate targets in less than optimum situations? Turns out not too many. Go watch the first Men in Black Movie (which is fun). Early on there is a test where different potential targets pop up. The military guys shoot the friendly aliens (its scifi) and the guy with the right stuff shoots what looks like a little girl who is the real target (a monster in a disguise) While the scary looking creatures turn out to be minding their own business.. Then he gives a detailed explanation of why he did what he did. Then they recruit him.

Now this is a work of fiction but it illustrates the difficulties of identifying targets. Most people have a real hard time. Our fighter pilots go through the same thing. Supposedly ( I am not any kind of pilot) the pilot has to watch the radar, the airspace, the ground and events upon it, listen to what ever he/she is hearing in their headphones, they have to respond and then their is this little task of flying a plane cruising along at hundreds of miles an hour. They also might have been doing this for hours and are a bit fatigued. They train these people to try to differentiate targets. Fighter pilot training costs millions per pilot.

The point being that target differentiation can be difficult. Easier on the ground for sure but I doubt that most gun owners are adequately trained to do so in sub optimal conditions. I am not speaking against gun ownership just trying to be realistic about the task. We have had plenty of hunters shoot their friends and family because they could not tell a deer from a person in the woods.

Mental illness is a real problem. People change. As a child I was attacked by a friend of the family who went into a rage against me.I remember my parents holding the front door against this raging madman. Totally out of the blue. Mr. Seidler had always been kind to me, the kind of person you could trust around a child. Turned out he had a brain tumor that affected his thinking. A month or so later he died. What if he had a gun? Now this was a sudden occurrence but you get the idea. Ever see anyone go into road rage? I think there is a good chance that some of those folks should not carry.

Background checks which most Americans want, are to try to weed out people who probably should not have a gun like violent felons and people who have a good chance of doing harm to others or themselves.

it will not keep all inappropriate people from owning guns but it will reduce the number a bit. Which means less wrongful deaths.

Maybe we should address real issues, like TV and video games, oh and what we call political rhetoric. Honestly turn on the TV, between the lies and the killing and rampant sex, is the mentally ill individual going insane on too many psychotropic drugs. So we come along and blame the gun, sounds suspicious to me!

I've interpreted them as the courts did, as an analysis of the words of the founding fathers did, and even presented evidence to expand gun rights based on the concept of what 'arms' are. I suggest before you start calling names, you take the time to actually read the discussions presented and the reasoning behind them.

Much like the posting on the targets, the reasoning you and illumni, etc use is very superficial and unsound. When you are confused and can't counter a logical argument you resort to calling names, or telling us to move to Japan, or some other nonsense.

You are merely making noise, the contents of which make people turn the channel so to say. Present a well formed argument, or step back and let those in your camp that can do it, but the name calling is childish. You have no idea what my politics are, what my motives are, or what I am thinking and why, so don't try to guess. Most of my thought processes are rather complexed and based on facts, logic, and experience. I don't think that is very familiar territory for you, so get a map before venturing in. Loose associations, personalities, and name calling is a poor map.

Dr. Bob

The Supreme Court stated, however, that the Second Amendment should not be understood as conferring a “right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” The Court identified examples of “presumptively lawful” firearm laws, including laws prohibiting firearm possession by felons and the mentally ill, forbidding firearm possession in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, and imposing conditions on the commercial sale of firearms. The Court noted that this list is not exhaustive, and concluded that the Second Amendment is also consistent with laws banning “dangerous and unusual weapons” not in common use at the time, such as M-16 rifles and other firearms that are most useful in military service. In addition, the Court declared that its analysis should not be read to suggest “the invalidity of laws regulating the storage of firearms to prevent accidents.” Our Heller page has more information about this many difficulties created by this decision.

If you are going to quote Heller, know what they said....

Edited by Dr. Bob