Question For Folks Against Gun Control Laws

washtenaut

For all the liberal none Americans that believe the constitution is a suggestion. This is a nation of laws to you when it is convenient, you spout rights to grow where there are none, you are hypocrites. The law is the law and you are all violating federal law, so I guess the law will protect you since everyone follows it. The right to bear arms is a constitutional right, no hair splitting, no pompous liberal interpretation needed. Growing pot however is not a right. This site has become a place to push liberal agenda and attack anybody that does not agree with it.

Dr Bob and Mr D are over educated debaters that will flower away our rights. The constitution was written to limit the power of the federal government, get it, which means that the founders would have approved of high capacity guns since the feds have them. Now I expect you to bring up planes and artillery or some stupid bunny muffin, but it will fall on deaf ears, mainly because it is stupid and represents no common sense! Every law maker is sworn to uphold the constitution, and every citizen has an obligation to do so if they wish to keep running their mouth, as the constitution gave them that right!

And as a foot note for those that believe our right to bear arms will not protect us, Syria 60000 dead and still fighting, Afghanistan 80's Russia went home...

Thank you for sharing your wise words

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your mama is so wide ....... :lolu: I just get pissed off when I feel I get talking points rather than true opinions. So how far away are you? I am about 20 miles N of Brighton.

I'm an hr north of flint. 1 hr south of Houghton Lake, 1 hr west and south from Pinconning, and about 45 minutes from Bay City.

I wasn't talking points, never take em. Make my statement and let rest fall as it should. No need get riled about a forum, I have a fb for that.

Bob that is not the same as a NATO .308 you know? That Dragunov is chambered 7.62x54R. Nevermind, yours must be the chinese .308 winchester chambered version. That must be one reason the Dragunov is far more valuable, that 7.62x54r is a much higher powered round. Still a cool gun tho Bob.

Edited by SFC

I'm an hr north of flint. 1 hr south of Houghton Lake, 1 hr west and south from Pinconning, and about 45 minutes from Bay City.

I wasn't talking points, never take em. Make my statement and let rest fall as it should. No need get riled about a forum, I have a fb for that.

So if I go up to the Bay City region this year we might have that smoke off. If you ever come down South Towards Ann Arbor let know. I 'll buy you lunch.

See this is how you treat people you disagree with but still respect. We all support mmj and for the most part most of us are decent folks. Civility makes us stronger.

Bob that is not the same as a NATO .308 you know? That Dragunov is chambered 7.62x54R. Nevermind, yours must be the chinese .308 winchester chambered version. That must be one reason the Dragunov is far more valuable, that 7.62x54r is a much higher powered round. Still a cool gun tho Bob.

Note NDM 86. The one in the picture is 7.62 x 54 Russian, you can tell by the curved TEN ROUND mag due to the rimmed rounds. The 308 is a rimless and has a straight box. Mine is a 308. Oh yeah, 10 rounds.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

I do have to laugh that ya find people that were from either side of this discussion, but once it all calms down, ya realize everyone has guns regardless of what side they are on.

:-)

All sides want guns. Some just think criminals and looney tunes shouldnt have em. Hahaha...

And that there should be reasonable limits on arms available to civilians. But yes, I am every bit a 'gun nut' as many others in here. It never was a question of ownership of weapons, the points of debate where what is a reasonable set of regulations for civilian arms.

PS I have some really cool stuff too, just receive an Italian officer's Beretta, captured and bought for 2 packs of unfiltered camels in WWII by my step dad.

Anybody notice that the crazies that shoot up schools and such usually kill them selves afterward??? 150 Years ago,nobody shot up schools and such and EVERYONE had a weapon!!! BUT Absolutely guns and alcohol don't mix!!!

Dumbaszes don't know well enough to shoot themselves first.

You'd better turn that in to your local police before you snap and shoot up a nursery school or church!

lol. Just a hunting rifle. 10 rounds. 4 power scope. Pretty run of the mill. Just an accurate gun, like a Remington 700, or my Enfield.

BUT during the ban I couldn't have purchased it because it takes a bayonet. I bought it pre-ban and the local cops loved to shoot it when I took it to the range.

To answer your question about turning it in, I'm actually trained and can qualify with it and pass any enhanced testing they would like to regulate. In fact, I am surprised it wasn't required when I bought it.

Dr. Bob

lol. Just a hunting rifle.

Yeah right, that's what they all say. :lol:

I'm actually trained and can qualify with it and pass any enhanced testing ...

Like Christopher Dorner? I don't know, you look pretty dangerous to me. In fact, I heard you have access to dangerous drugs! ROFLMAO

Edited by Wild Bill

I heard on the news recently someone local was charged with possessing body armor. Not sure whether this has been addressed here, but I think it is absurd to not be allowed to own a personal shield or armor against gun attack no matter how likely. So you have the right to bear arms, but not a defense?

Am I the only one, or what am I missing here?

Actually I don't have access to dangerous drugs, but thanks for the good thoughts.

Body armor is not 'arms' and apparently from Shredder's post is restricted or licensed or regulated somehow. The key to getting that is to change the regulations which is a political action. Just because you want it isn't good enough to overcome existing laws.

That was the common confusion in here, most folks don't actually know what their rights are, or the difference between a right and a privilege, or understand there are general rights for the 'people' that can be restricted for the 'individual' or regulated overall to require licenses or other pre-req's, so long as they are available and not overly burdensome (Jim Crow laws were struck down because they were so overwhelming to certain groups they were tandem out to denying them the right to vote- the same test would be applied to any requirement for firearm licensing I am sure).

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

Actually I don't have access to dangerous drugs, but thanks for the good thoughts.

Body armor is not 'arms' and apparently from Shredder's post is restricted or licensed or regulated somehow. The key to getting that is to change the regulations which is a political action. Just because you want it isn't good enough to overcome existing laws.

Dr. Bob

Why should I have to change a regulation to protect myself? Since when has self defense become a regulatable privelege?

Just because the cops take someone's body armor and charges them with breaking some obscure law does not mean they have done anything wrong.

Did you know tasers are illegal in MI? Do you think that is constitutional? Or do you even care....

In addition, I have seen bullet proof children's backpacks marketed recently, and wondering how one argues the difference between a backpack shield and a vest shield and whether or not there should be a need for such arguments to differentiate between the two? It seems everyone is quick to justify their position, without considering the big picture, not just me!