Hello Everybody In This Big Family

Hello everybody,

My name is e$kob@r and i come to say hello.

My passion is making cannabis seeds, but also other plants, specially vegetables.

I saw some members here that are growing some of my works, so i come as support for them.

Perhaps i can say some extra information, i do know my plants and can speak about them.

No magic guru things, or difficult words, that is not me.

I want to set clear from the start, that i joined this board, without any commercial or bad reasons.

I will not disturb discussions or start them. It is purely as support,

offcourse i will also walk around in the rest of the house and look arround.

Thank u for allowing me and for the hospitality

Friendly greetings

e$kob@r

Thank u for the warm welcome everybody.

Herb Cannabis.

Yes, i have all kinds of giant vegetables. From giant leek to giant onions, huge pumpkins (that atlantic giant is only one of them), tomatoes, peppers, ...

But do not think they are the best tasting, huge sizes make taste not interesting (most of the times). I also do not focus on them. They are more for pure show.

Breeding several vegetable strains is much harder then cannabis. Melons i find hard cause of the flower structures, also peppers are complicated because most of the 27 known vars dont cross without a bridge.

I can answer questions in high detail, about gardening.

for me 2013 is bringing

200+ strains of tomatoes, all heirlooms. My total collection exeeds 1000 this year. I am really a freak in this.

100+ hot pepper strains. All 7pods, all bhuts, all naga, all aji, some very rare vars straight from amazon bassin who are even unnamed, all numex, rocoto, some ornamentals, ...

100+ sweet pepper strains, heirlooms from every part of this world, in all colors and form, tastes.

My letuce collection exeeds all imagination, i have over 250 in the lactuca sativa alone, then there is the wildforms, the lactuca indica. I love lettuce and breeding it. My region is the birthplace for letuce on this planet.

Radish, for the kidz, they have their own collection of 50+ vars right now, i dont eat it, so they chose those. I pick the nicest one to isolate for seeds.

Carrots in all colors and forms.

Pumpkins, most are from all around your areas.

Leek , onions and all allium species, i do allot to. But not that much like the rest above.

This year i will reduce the number of melons to around 25, only a few watermelons to. They are not that wel suited for this cold seaclimate.

For the rest i grow egplants, brocoli, all types of heirloom cauliflowers, brussels sprouts, , all kinds of herbs, medicinal plants (used in pharmacutical world , but they give it complex names so u not recoginise it, example is symphytum officinale), color giving plants, ...

allot of wild flowers to attract wild solitary bees, for who i build specific nestplace in sand, wood, stone.

I do not like todays farming worlds monoculture. I do not like GMO plants that will take over our planet. The natural genes in nature are for free and must be preserved, to evolve by itself.

My systems are based on permaculture, as good as i can do it, to set a natural habitat.

To give my fam as much food from known source as possible, including the animals.

Iff i am allowed, i can answer any question about all the plants that i speak about, how to breed and preserve them without inbred depression and los of genetic diversity.

u just pushed my vegetable button ...

excuse me, then i can go a bit lose.

Edited by eskobar

Welcome e$kob@r!! I am very excited to have you around, as I strive to eat and feed all my loved ones only the best organic, local, known source foods whenever possible. I have been gardening for a few years, but nothing like you. I collected over 3,,000 cherry/grape tomatos, over 1,100 large tomatos, and hundreds of peppers, squash, cucumbers, and a few snow pea pods last year. I am aiming for more yield and variety this year. I have added a lot of leaves into the soil, and I intend on adding some rock dust, hopefully glacial dust, and some other ingredients.

What natural soil additives do you recommend for increasing yields?

My favorite tomatos last year were something called Cherokee? which were dark purple, sweet, and big! Also, Mr. Stripey, which is a striped red and yellow mix. What do you suggest, if anything from out of the blue like this? My garden is only 25 X 28 or so, but I could expand it some more if I get some trees cut back to allow more light.

What tips do you have for insect and critter control? My marigolds have kept the rabbits out so far I think.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Oh, did I say Welcome, and thanks for being here?

Peace...

OldFarmer.jpgf94b2efc.jpgfunny-pictures-farmer-cat-thinks-back-on-the-old-days.jpgfarmer.jpgfunny-pictures-farmer-earl-0Vu.jpgFunnyFarmIndustries.giffunny-pictures-kitten-is-a-farmer.jpg527bb902f34249d137fe031e0bdabb1c_1.jpg

Edited by Bisharoo

Bisharoo , superb collection u have there. How do u do that to preserve them all?

I do not use additives, nothing that comes from human hands, even not bio.

I do not like the word, ingredients, when it goes about nature.

I use Lupinus, calendula, trifolium, Medicago, Phacelia, different strains of velvet beans,

they all are benefit plants for the nature. Some even plough for me. I do not touch the soil and its life.

My garden look disorganised for monoculture farmers, but every aspect of my garden is in balance more then theirs.

Cherokee is a good tomato, but this tomato exist in different colors. Black Cherokee is the best from them.

Hard to say what my favorites are, i have so many.

Paul Robeson, Black Pineapple, Bread'n'salt, Black Krim, Mystery, Carbon, Deps Pink Firefly, Moonglow, ....i would pick those to harvest for my dinner.

Most black, striped bi colored, orange i do like.

Some white are good to.

The blue varieties are very nice to see and to use in breedings, but the taste is not always top notch.

It is very hard for me to just put a reply down, and help u with everything.

That is impossible. But i can do put u on the right, smart way.

There is a book online, very old book by Dr Julius Hensel, that u can download in PDF for free.

Further distribution of this public domain material is 'welcomed'. It is free to spread.

Bread from stone is the name. This will make u smarter, like nothing u have ever seen. It is not that hard.

On youtube u can find many many good videos but people prefer the monoculuture, artificial gardens more.

Search for Green gold from John D Lui

Search for Masanaobu Fukuoka and Sepp Holzer.

I also have allot of books about, transition farming and cultures.

But that is very heavy lecture and not suited for all.

Well thank you for all your help eskobar! And mibrains for posting the link, thank you very much!! I wonder if there could be enough interest in this forum to start a continuing thread with all good links for organic, natural, healthy earth farming? I appreciate the help you guys have given thus far. I have a lot to learn. So many things, so little time.

Peace...

i think its a great place for it..

if this is what you are about.

then this is a great place to discuss it..... i am not sure if their is a organic garden section or not... :) i will have to look..

i am excited to discuss it... i love the idea of heirloom vegetables.

it seems like the more i learn about GMO's and our current American food chain...the more i desire the ability to grow my own non-modified food. the monogamous fields now are devoid of any life diversity. i walked in a mature pine planted forest last summer.. and i realized that because it was planted as all pine trees.... that very little species variety exists in the animals that live there...i heard very few birds.. and saw few insects... and no squirrels or chipmunks....it was a mono culture of pine trees all in a row...everywhere i looked... it does not take a person long to realize humans are making critical mistakes right now in the way we treat our planet... and it is eventually going to catch up to us all.

ice age anyone?

and to speak of your garden as a mixture of species is awesome.

any pictures?

thank you for the information. :yahoo-wave:

Oh, eskobar, you asked how I preserve my produce? I really did not have that problem much, yet. I put a few gallon bags of diced tomatos in my freezer for a pasta sauce or chilli base, but really we ate it (and gave some away, of course) but we ate most of it right away as it was picked fresh, raw, tasty! Quite a bit of it we made into salsa and we ate that by the gallon last summer/fall, and we never felt better!

Mibrains, I agree, we need to do more of that for everyone, so they can see how much better they can get from eating fresh, organic, local grown foods (whenever possible). People could do just a couple of tomato and pepper plants in their shrub are beside their house.

Yes eskobar, any garden pics or links with more info. on what you have to offer? Can we get some of your varieties? I forgot my favorite new tomato last year was a "Black Pearl", which are large for a mini-tomato, and turn almost black with red and orange and yellow highlights and streaks. Very firm and tasty, and my best producer last year. I see what I was calling "rock dust" is properly called "stone meal" by Dr. Hensel. A very good read. I had know some of the information already. I am now reading your other 2 links for more information, thank you very much! I can't wait to see what this does when I apply this year. I assume any time would be OK? I wonder what the application rates are? I hope to find a good source to purchase some, maybe they say the rates on the bags?

Peace...

Peace...

Bisharoo I fortify my soil with a few types of rock dust - greensand, glacial, and azomite.

I'm not big on measuring things - just a few handfuls of each worked into a raised bed.

Slow to break down so they are a good source of micro nutrients over the whole growing season.

Last year I did all heirlooms from seed. The drought was horrible but i still managed to get a nice yield.

If anyone wants a killer cherry tomato plant try the Sungold variety.

One straw revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka

http://files.unitedd...-Revolution.pdf

Introduction to permaculture from Sepp Holzer

http://www.krameterh...ulture-pm68.pdf

Yes, this is perhaps not ment for my introduction page.

But ... some ecology can never do harm i think.

Wow, the first one was 146 pages, so I'll see how long the second one takes. Thank you again for the knowledge you pass along.

Peace...

Mr. Fukuoka's is a science that begins and ends in

reverence—in awareness that the human grasp necessarily

diminishes whatever it holds. It is not knowledge, he seems

to say, that gives us the sense of the whole, but joy, which

we may have only by

not

grasping. We find this

corrroborated in certain passages in the Gospels, and in

William Blake:

He who binds to himself a joy

Doth the winged life destroy;

But he who kisses the joy as it flies

Lives in eternity's sunrise.

It is this grace that is the origin of Mr. Fukuoka's

agricultural insights: "When it is understood that one loses

joy and happiness in the effort to possess them, the essence

of natural farming will be realized."

And this "natural" farming that has its source and end

in reverence is everywhere human and humane. Humans

work best when they work for human good, not for the

"higher production" or "increased efficiency" which have

been the nearly exclusive goals of industrial agriculture.

"The ultimate goal of farming," Mr. Fukuoka says, "is not

the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection- of

human beings." And he speaks of agriculture as a

way:

"To

be here, caring for a small field, in full possession of the

freedom and plentitude of each day, every day—this must

have been the original way of agriculture. An agriculture

that is whole nourishes the whole person, body and soul.

We do not live by bread alone.

Wendell Berry

Bisharoo,

I think i transelated wrong, understood u wrong.

I thought u were growin 3000+ different strains, from each a few plants.

But u talking about total tomatoes amount.

When i first readed your reply i though ... WOW ... that is incredible,

this man grows more then all the seedsavers combined can handle tomatoes.

Each year i grow around 200 different heirlooms, from each a few plants.(my buddy greendevil does exactly the same thing, but other strains)

In the high season i bring a wheelbarrow full of tomatoes to my chickens, to feed, every day.

The nicest plants, that have the treats that are needed, are kept for close pollination only, to keep the seeds.

Some go the family, neighbours and friends.

mibrains,

I did not expected such respect towards the global gardening aspect, ecology in special.

It does belong with growing cannabis, its all the same world. Yes, it is connected very much with me.

Without being a survivor man or a real prepper, u can do allot of nice things.

Things that once they are in your head, nobody can ever take that away from u, information.

Yes, i have lots of pics, and i can show them to. Not all concerning privacy, but its still allot.

One straw revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka

http://files.unitedd...-Revolution.pdf

Introduction to permaculture from Sepp Holzer

http://www.krameterh...ulture-pm68.pdf

Yes, this is perhaps not ment for my introduction page.

But ... some ecology can never do harm i think.

Eskobar, I am so excited to be getting things ready for spring! Outside yesterday was OK for raking, etc. When will this weather break? I need to try to find some of the strains you mentioned if possible, they all sound so good! "Hard to say what my favorites are, I have so many. Paul Robeson, Black Pineapple, Bread'n'salt, Black Krim, Mystery, Carbon, Deps Pink Firefly, Moonglow,".

I had some pineapple last year, not black though. I just got some stone meal or rock dust for my soil and have read and re-read your suggested links. I am finding some more useful stuff. Do you have any more that you just think is very important to learn as well? Not that I have all that down, it is a lot to learn, but fun and worthwhile! I get this stuff (One straw revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka) mostly I think, but this guy (Introduction to permaculture from Sepp Holzer) is taking some more thinking and research for me anyways. This part is all new to me. I appreciate your help to the health of my family by informing me of how to better feed ourselves.

Peace...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Eskobar, (or any other gardening experts) not to bother you again, but would you mind letting some of us know what you are doing now, if anything, oward garden prep?  Any pics?  I would love to see some of your work.  I am excited about growing fresh, organic, nutritious food again soon.  I am sorry to take up your time here, so OK if I am too needy.  Have a good spring everyone!

Peace...

Org3.jpg

wasp11white.jpgIMG_0481.jpgeditvegpatch.jpgPPS06074B.jpgx139_organicgarden.jpgOrganicGardening2-80copy.jpgorganicbroccoli.jpg