Having Some Trouble With My Caregiver

Hey Guys,

Last fall I helped my caregiver harvest more weed than I could have ever dreamed of. We had way more than enough to last all year. We were going to make a bunch of Rick Simpson Oil as well.

Fast foreward to now and there is no weed left whatsoever because he sold it to all of his friends.

The oil he is making is sooo f***ing sh*tty. Its been way too runny and diluted. He's using the wrong part of the plant (fan leaves and maybe a bit of trimming from last fall, again because he sold all the rest to make a profit) and not boiling the naptha away properly. Every times I've taken some all I can taste is naptha. It's not even doing anything for my pain.

I need to confront him about this but he doesn't seem to have alot of common sense.

I really needed this to work for me because I actually do have quite a bit of back pain and am on the strongest vicodin made, which I am desperately trying to get off. (In other words I'm not doing this just to get high)

I don't really know what to do here

Get a new caregiver!  Immediately!  

For one, if he's harvesting a year's worth of medicine at once, he's holding on to an illegal amount of medicine.  An offence that can land him in jail.  

For two, he's selling to his friends as well as his patients.  An offence that can land him in jail.

For three, it doesn't sound like he knows how to make the oil correctly.  If you can still taste naptha, it's dangerous to ingest.

If you're worried about a confrontation in dropping him.  Tell him over the phone or through an email.  If he comes to your house to start trouble. lock the door and call the police if you have to.  Try to work it out by talking through a closed window first though.  

It's nice to tell him before he receives the notification from the state, but it's not necessary.  Not telling him could put him over the amount of plants he's allowed to have, and endanger him legally.

Wow you threw dude under the bus.. It sounds like you guys don't have a very good relationship. Do you guys talk often? Do you know he has been selling illegally or is that just an assumption? Last fall was a long time ago. have you been smoking or just using oil? does he have other patients? Is he a patient? how much does he charge you? Does he grow indoors or only outdoors.. not trying to interrogate you just show that there are allot of variables that effect supply. How do you know hes using leafs to make oil? maybe he just sucks..wet cannabis looks like allot more then it it really is sometimes.. If he is inexperienced and cant supply your needs id just find a Cg. who can. Unless you have some reason to be afraid of him id just go talk to him face to face, and tell him whats what, after all he grows for you that kinda makes you the boss. There is really no reason not to be able to supply a patient with an uninterrupted supply unless maybe you can only grow outdoors. Move on, and screen your next cg better. there are a lot of wannabes out there who will talk a good game, but in the end cant produce.

Hey Guys,

Last fall I helped my caregiver harvest more weed than I could have ever dreamed of. We had way more than enough to last all year. We were going to make a bunch of Rick Simpson Oil as well.

Fast foreward to now and there is no weed left whatsoever because he sold it to all of his friends.

The oil he is making is sooo f***ing sh*tty. Its been way too runny and diluted. He's using the wrong part of the plant (fan leaves and maybe a bit of trimming from last fall, again because he sold all the rest to make a profit) and not boiling the naptha away properly. Every times I've taken some all I can taste is naptha. It's not even doing anything for my pain.

I need to confront him about this but he doesn't seem to have alot of common sense.

I really needed this to work for me because I actually do have quite a bit of back pain and am on the strongest vicodin made, which I am desperately trying to get off. (In other words I'm not doing this just to get high)

I don't really know what to do here

Peanut Butter makes ome bad as- oils.  I gave him a few zips to get this stuff in syringes and it straight tore up anybody that touched it.  However the quality I gave him was excellent.

BTW..if your CG suxs toss him.  I have a patient that is reall, I mean really hard to work with but I just tolerate him because he is Bi-polar.  But I am sure there will come a day when we both pop on each other a separate.  Sometimes gooing in a separate direction aint so bad.

ss- did u have a certain agreement last fall? as in it was a even split, or the like? from the sound of it, maybe u didnt have a firm, clear understanding between the wo of u. only reason i ask is that if he did something with your end, then he should somehow make good on that, and certainly needs to be addressed.

but for right now, there isnt much that can be done except to grow more. it would be ur choice to have him grow it again, to grow it on ur own, or to use someone else. those are ur options.

the equipment from the first grow? again, what was the agreement from before? if u just assumed it would work out & didnt specifically address- well that can only be a lesson for the next go around. same thing with all the details & problems uv run across.

sounds to me u r upset and just want to move on. usually partnership issues only get worse over time, esp when there is a fundamental issue of trust, and competence.

hey guys sorry for the wait in replying.

I certainly didn't mean to throw him under the bus, I just got my card a year ago so all of this is still pretty new to me and I'm just trying to figure out how other CG-PT relationships work.

I knew he was going to be over the limit when we harvested but I was under the impression that most of that bud was going to be made into oil for people with cancer (as well as myself) so I didn't have a problem with using some of what he was supposed to be growing for me to be used for this. But since the oil is so bad I know it didn't get used for that.

And yes I was there when he sold some (quite a bit) and heard him talking about using the money to make upgrades to his house!

He's a good guy and grows really good meds, I'm just getting frustrated that it's more about "making a profit" than helping people, which is exactly why most people turned to MM instead of going Big Pharma (including him, saying how horrible it is that they pump people full of posion (chemo) long enough to keep them alive and continue their profits).

He hates what Big Pharma does to people, yet he turns around and does the same thing. Giving cancer patients diluted oil so he can take the profits just isn't right.

I certainly didn't mean to throw him under the bus, I just got my card a year ago so all of this is still pretty new to me and I'm just trying to figure out how other CG-PT relationships work.

I knew he was going to be over the limit when we harvested but I was under the impression that most of that bud was going to be made into oil for people with cancer (as well as myself) so I didn't have a problem with using some of what he was supposed to be growing for me to be used for this. But since the oil is so bad I know it didn't get used for that.

And yes I was there when he sold some (quite a bit) and heard him talking about using the money to make upgrades to his house!

He's a good guy and grows really good meds, I'm just getting frustrated that it's more about "making a profit" than helping people, which is exactly why most people turned to MM instead of going Big Pharma (including him, saying how horrible it is that they pump people full of posion (chemo) long enough to keep them alive and continue their profits).

He hates what Big Pharma does to people, yet he turns around and does the same thing. Giving cancer patients diluted oil so he can take the profits just isn't right.

I find that if you feel like you're paying too much for meds, the best solution is to state what you can manage and then wait for someone to try to work with what you have.

Weren't you concerned that you run out of meds before the next year's harvest?  Also, if he's growing outdoors, you can get way better meds from an indoor grower.  there just isn't any comparison between the quality of the medicine grow in both ways.  Anyone with experience will tell you that outdoor grown is inferior to indoor.  You will get more yield usually with an outdoor grow though.

Weren't you concerned that you run out of meds before the next year's harvest?  Also, if he's growing outdoors, you can get way better meds from an indoor grower.  there just isn't any comparison between the quality of the medicine grow in both ways.  Anyone with experience will tell you that outdoor grown is inferior to indoor.  

You will get more yield usually with an outdoor grow though.

Celli;

I get what you are trying to say.. but I cannot agree totally with you :)

Maybe, I could agree with an indoor/outdoor vs quality/quantity discussion,

yet there is still way too many variables to be 100% conclusive atm, imo.

I favor the big orange ball & the Mother over artificial.  Yields, humm... really ?

To the OP;

I had a bad CG experience also. I can take what I've learned to make informed

decisions in the future.

Best advise I have is to follow your gut.  If something feels 'off ' then most likely

it is...

& nothing is 'free' :)

Celli;

I get what you are trying to say.. but I cannot agree totally with you :)

Maybe, I could agree with an indoor/outdoor vs quality/quantity discussion,

yet there is still way too many variables to be 100% conclusive atm, imo.

I favor the big orange ball & the Mother over artificial.  Yields, humm... really ?

To the OP;

I had a bad CG experience also. I can take what I've learned to make informed

decisions in the future.

Best advise I have is to follow your gut.  If something feels 'off ' then most likely

it is...

& nothing is 'free' :)

I'm just giving some advice with my 20 some years of growing experience.  There are very few scenarios that I haven't come across yet, and when I do find one I can go to the people that taught me that have some 30+ years of experience.  As far as I am concerned, an experienced grower that actually knows what he is doing, can grow better quality indoors from the very same genetics as he/she can grow outdoors.  I'm also saying that you can almost always grow bigger plants outdoors.

If you've had CG problems, that to me is a clue about how much experience you have growing.

Dood: do what I do, get a cg recommendation off angie's list or your mother-in-law, anywhere but bt or the corner dealer.  Or see the classifieds on this board.

Last fall I helped my caregiver harvest more weed than I could have ever dreamed of. We had way more than enough.

Fast forward to now and there is no weed left whatsoever because he sold it to all of his friends.

Talk to him first but more than likely he's put on a good front.i believe a good cg shld get something back for his efforts but not at the expense of his/her patients quality of life.(that is what this programs for)everyone needs to be happy or it just gets worse and worse over time. I've never made RSo and am just now looking into making it, maybe he under estimated how much it wld actually take to make a good supply or maybe he just half assed it.good luck.. If your unhappy now after a year find a new cg.

• 2 months later...

I'm just giving some advice with my 20 some years of growing experience.  There are very few scenarios that I haven't come across yet, and when I do find one I can go to the people that taught me that have some 30+ years of experience.  As far as I am concerned, an experienced grower that actually knows what he is doing, can grow better quality indoors from the very same genetics as he/she can grow outdoors.  I'm also saying that you can almost always grow bigger plants outdoors.

If you've had CG problems, that to me is a clue about how much experience you have growing.

Some how I missed this.

I appreciate your experience and knowledge and that you oft offer your advise to others, honestly I do.

What I do not care for is your pomposity as you do so.

Please do not assume (as you often do) to know me, my situation or my knowledge/ ability in the matter of growing Cannabis.

Thank you.