Bho Explosion Burns Child In Cali

LongHairBri

when will people learn?? do this outside or with proper equipment indoors. Butane is more explosive than gasoline and the fumes are heavier than air. fumes will fall to the floor and collect in the corners waiting for any spark

http://www.smdailyjournal.com/articles/wnews/2013-08-05/toddler-burned-badly-in-eureka-hash-explosion/1772968.html

Two Year Old Child Burned in Eureka Hash Lab Explosion
Andrew Goff / Saturday, Aug. 3 @ 7:04 a.m. / Crime

Press release from Eureka Police Department:

On 8-2-13 at about 9:41 pm, officers of the Eureka Police Department were dispatched to the 1100 block of Searles Street for a possible “gunshot heard” call. While responding Officers were updated that it was an explosion from a possible illegal “lab” at an apartment complex at this location.

Upon Officers arrival, they located an approximately two year old child with extensive burns about the body. The citizens with the child directed officers to a specific apartment, which was believed to be the source of the explosion and where the parents of the child were located. The child was released to Emergency medical personnel for treatment.

Officers contacted the parents of the child, who were exiting the apartment. The parents smelled of chemicals and had injuries consistent with burns. The parents were taken into custody. Officers entered the residence to check for further injured subjects and also to check for any further risks to public safety.

While officers were checking the apartment, they observed items consistent with a butane process hash extraction lab. They also located the area of the explosion/fire. Humboldt Bay Fire Department responded and assisted in the inspection of the apartment. Once police and fire personnel were satisfied there were no further safety concerns, the apartment was secured until a search warrant could be issued for the residence.

Both parents were transported to St. Joseph where they were treated for injuries they received from the explosion. The child was treated and will be transported by air to a “burn unit” in Sacramento.

This is an open investigation and further details will be released as they become available.

I  remember seeing a lot of people growing up in the D, had fairly lg scars. Usually on their back/shoulder area, after learning it was from boiling water, seeing the hurt and helplessness in their eyes, I never asked again. Life is like that sometimes. They are just lucky they didn't end up in the child-mortality  statistics.

Edited by solabeirtan

The recent coa ruling on medibles and oils and tinctures is realy a whacky decision, I totaly can understand why they dont want just any john dick or harry making bho, it is because most of these idiots dont have any common sense, none, nada!  and it messes it up for the rest of us, they think that because bho can explode like that maybe cannabutter can also, those of us that know, know that to be untrue, I guess there should be some kind of rules on bho, rso, phaq oil, lol or what ever you want to call it, but it should be made available to all pts who will do best with that kind of mm products!

I have personaly been making bho since oh around 1977 around the time I purchased my 1st car (68 firebird) I have never made it with commercial schitt, so that should tell you something!  I also never blew anything or any one up (im knocking on wood) The only person that has ever seen me actualy make it was a family member, and he made me very nervious just being there. lol

It is not as easy as just going out doors to extract it, you cant just go out there and extract it and leave it sit there till it evapes, 2 cases takes a lil while to evaperate enough to bring it indoors safely, I dont refilter my bho after i extract it, it gets filtered during the extraction process, so you cant just leave it out doors un covered for stuff to fall in it,  If I was to be making it during warm months, I would set up a decent size tent in my yard, with many windows for ventilation, and id extract it in there, id cover it loosly with aluminum foil and let it evape, if I was in a hurry, I would put my glass pan that my butane extract is in, in a pan bigger with warm water from the sink, no flames no nothing, it will evape it real quick, and than you can move on to next step, carmalizing,

any how it is not legal at this time, lets hope earl carruthers gets the coa decision reversed in the s.c!

Peace and dont go blowing up people or your selves doing something you dont know how to do!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

The recent coa ruling on medibles and oils and tinctures is realy a whacky decision, I totaly can understand why they dont want just any john penis or harry making bho, it is because most of these idiots dont have any common sense, none, nada!  and it messes it up for the rest of us, they think that because bho can explode like that maybe cannabutter can also, those of us that know, know that to be untrue, I guess there should be some kind of rules on bho, rso, phaq oil, lol or what ever you want to call it, but it should be made available to all pts who will do best with that kind of mm products!

I have personaly been making bho since oh around 1977 around the time I purchased my 1st car (68 firebird) I have never made it with commercial schitt, so that should tell you something!  I also never blew anything or any one up (im knocking on wood) The only person that has ever seen me actualy make it was a family member, and he made me very nervious just being there. lol

It is not as easy as just going out doors to extract it, you cant just go out there and extract it and leave it sit there till it evapes, 2 cases takes a lil while to evaperate enough to bring it indoors safely, I dont refilter my bho after i extract it, it gets filtered during the extraction process, so you cant just leave it out doors un covered for stuff to fall in it,  If I was to be making it during warm months, I would set up a decent size tent in my yard, with many windows for ventilation, and id extract it in there, id cover it loosly with aluminum foil and let it evape, if I was in a hurry, I would put my glass pan that my butane extract is in, in a pan bigger with warm water from the sink, no flames no nothing, it will evape it real quick, and than you can move on to next step, carmalizing,

any how it is not legal at this time, lets hope earl carruthers gets the coa decision reversed in the s.c!

Peace and dont go blowing up people or your selves doing something you dont know how to do!

Jim

We know Jim. Hence we are raising money for the appeal. U ready to spend time at your local farmers' market(s) shaking down participants for some cash?