Medical Marihuana Review Panel November 14 Public Notice

The original panel had recommended adding PTSD, and the new-look group, whose members were appointed in June, followed suit in Tuesday's preliminary vote.

The Michigan Marihuana Act Review Panel, in a 7-2 vote, recommended adding PTSD to the list. The preliminary vote will be followed by a public hearing, which must be scheduled within 60 days under state rules, before the panel reconvenes to make a formal recommendation.

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/08/michigan_medical_marijuana_pan_1.html

so it went from being 7-2 to 4-3 ?

All votes failed.

PTSD and Bi-Polar failed to get a quorum approval.

The panel members were not happy due to ridiculous Administrative rules.

I will leave it to be explained  by Hayduke when he gets time.

PTSD failed with a 4-3 vote because it did not constitute a quorum majority.

Was there even enough panel members there to get a quorum approval?

Well it was a roller coaster and I am very tired.  I will give you the end results.

PTSD and Insomnia did fail to get a quorum in the voting.  We needed six votes to pass, we got four.  Two previous yes votes were not in attendance, and on one yes vote (Dr. Davis) it was switched to a no.  But they are not done because the panel recognized there were problems….

There was much discussion over the rules being unfairly stacked, and unfairly implemented.  There was very honest and quiet discussions at the table.  It was not harsh or personal to anyone, it was good people on all sides of the issue trying hard to compromise to come up with the best decision.

Let me say at this point I do not believe there are ANY bad people who are conspiring against patients.  Yes there are people with different opinions and understanding of facts, but we need to remain honorable ourselves and see the process out in my mind.  I very much respect everyone who works and volunteers for the panel, even when I may disagree with their opinions and or votes.

Dr. Bradley and I volunteered to help make suggestions for changes to the Administrative Rules (of course only with LARA's blessings) in order to clarify things.

Additionally, the reason PTSD and Insomnia are not denied was because the Panel voted 6-1 to "reconsider" those final votes at our next meeting.  All participants save one recognized the rules were just not too fair and had set the bar too high for any condition to qualify as new.

imiubu was there as were several other people.  Perhaps she can tell you what she saw from the audience….

If I can answer any questions I would be pleased to try….

Edited by Hayduke

It is a pity.  I was hoping for a political statement in support of fairness.  All voting affirmative for ptsd because of the way it was passed and then denied at the last panel.  Not only didn't we get that (but at least there was a vote of conscious about the fairness of the rules), we couldn't even get panel members to show up.  Thanks to Hayduke, Croker and the others that took their civic duty seriously and went to their panel vote.

Dr. Bob

Thank you Hayduke for the synopsis.

I arrived late as I thought it was set for
1pm.  Therefore I did miss the initial votes.

The sense I got sitting in the audience is much as
Hayduke has already described. I feel that
these panel volunteers at least those in
attendance today intend to do their best
in this process.  I feel they were sincere, and
are there because they want to be (ergo, 'volunteers').
I did not feel any hostility, no ill intent at all.
The administrative rules are near impossible
to work within as they are, imo.

Thank you Hayduke for stepping up to take on
the challenge of working with LARA to (hopefully)
get a workable set of admin rules.

It was an interesting learning experience indeed.

Public testimony Thurs. 12/5

Public testimonies are very powerful and I do hope
that more people come out.

Thanx again Hayduke for your hard work.......... To all the panel members also, those that choose to be open minded that is. Hopefully we will be able to play with a fair deck and stop playing with one that is stacked........... That is all we ask for. I hope one day we get it. It truly would be nice if most if not all the panel members would attend the few meetings that are had.

Edited by ozzrokk