Michigan Senate Wants Medical Marijuana Distributed Through Pharmacies

Budz-4-U

Michigan’s senate is considering a plan that would have medical marijuana distributed through state authorized pharmacies.  The plan would have medical marijuana treated as a schedule II substance under the federal Controlled Substances Act.  The new system would require federal approval before being implemented.

11.7-legis-senate1.jpgThe Senate Government Operations approved the measure in a 3-0 vote, sending it to the full Senate for consideration.

“Marijuana, if it’s to be medical marijuana, should be held to the standard of medical safety and of dosage predictability,” said Senator Roger Kahn, who introduced the legislation that would reclassify marijuana and license facilities to grow and sell medical marijuana through pharmacies.

Senate Bill 660 would not replace or change Michigan’s voter-approved medical marijuana law.  Instead, it would create an independent “pharmaceutical-grade cannabis” registry.  Patients and caregivers could choose to continue participating in the program that already exists, or surrender their old cards, stop growing medical marijuana, and only obtain it through the authorized pharmacies.

Under the newly-proposed system, the Michigan Department of Community Health would manage the licensing, registering and inspecting pharmaceutical-grade marijuana manufacturing facilities.

DCH could charge a “reasonable fee” for performing those functions, and would be required to create an online database listing licensed facilities.

Anyone wishing to manufacture, distribute, prescribe or dispense marijuana would have to obtain a license from the Michigan Board of Pharmacy, as already required for other controlled substances.

Wholeheartedly I believe they are coming for our grow rights.

This is an either or, we don't have the option of both therefore

limiting us again. Driving our law through the gates to slaughter.

Contingent on our Fed Gov to reschedule ?  Why would they push

this so hard and why now?  Dam, I knew that "medical" would come

bite us in the donkey.

Why MDCH and not LARA ?

Again; WHY NOW?

Big Corp has their eye on the prize, and has had big plans for a long time.

imo

Real estate has been bottom so they swoop in, grab up every part and parcel

worthy ...

sigh

I just don't get why they always gotta have it all.

The federal government will not change the scheduling of MJ because the LEO unions and the DEA will not allow it and NO pharmacist will risk their license by dispensing a federally banned drug... no way, no how... ain't gonna happen!

The pols in Lansing I guess have not heard that Washington  State and Colorado have legalized cannabis for 'recreational' use and that the feds have said they will allow it to happen.

If the pols have heard about it they must believe IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE!

And who knows... maybe it can't.

Sorry i will have to disagree imo the Fed's will reschedule cannabis one day and when it does all cannabis growing will stop that way they can keep the drug war machine going and things will be back to the same 

unless you have gotten your cannabis from CVS you can and will in up in a court room imho

If the feds ever change the MJ scheduling the states would then be able to define and set up their own laws on MJ... and hopefully we here in Michigan would get off our azzes and make sure whatever laws come into being are in our favor in terms of 'home growing' and 'personal possession' amounts.

Sec. 2. Section 21a-243-8 of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies is amended by adding a new subsection (g) as follows:

(NEW) (g) Marijuana, including any material, compound, mixture or preparation which con- tains its salts, isomers and salts of isomers, unless specifically excepted, whenever the existence of these salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
(A) Purpose: To reclassify marijuana as a Schedule II controlled substance pursuant to Public

Act No. 12-55.

(B) Summary: At present, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance. The Department’s proposed regulations reclassify marijuana as a Schedule II controlled substance.

© Legal Effects: At present, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance. Under this classification, marijuana cannot be legally produced, prescribed or possessed. The Department’s proposed regulations classify marijuana as a Schedule II controlled substance. As a Schedule II controlled substance, marijuana can be legally produced, prescribed and dispensed under strict controls. 

it must not be to hard for a State to change it as we can see here

So then Bill 606 is not that far fetched then ?

When it comes to politics and money, nothing is far fetched.

If Michigan reschedules MJ it will be the 'first' state to do so that I'm aware of.

That would set up another situation where the feds / DOJ would 'have' to make another legal decision about interfering with state law or not.  

Bill 606 if passed would force some legal issues to be dealt with, no doubt of it.

Sec. 2. Section 21a-243-8 of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies is amended by adding a new subsection (g) as follows:

(NEW) (g) Marijuana, including any material, compound, mixture or preparation which con- tains its salts, isomers and salts of isomers, unless specifically excepted, whenever the existence of these salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:

(A) Purpose: To reclassify marijuana as a Schedule II controlled substance pursuant to Public

Act No. 12-55.

(B) Summary: At present, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance. The Department’s proposed regulations reclassify marijuana as a Schedule II controlled substance.

© Legal Effects: At present, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance. Under this classification, marijuana cannot be legally produced, prescribed or possessed. The Department’s proposed regulations classify marijuana as a Schedule II controlled substance. As a Schedule II controlled substance, marijuana can be legally produced, prescribed and dispensed under strict controls. 

it must not be to hard for a State to change it as we can see here

Bob, do you have some more background on this?  i.e. Has Connecticut acted on this or is it just a proposal by a legislator, or is it just a pipe dream by an activist?

Wholeheartedly I believe they are coming for our grow rights.

This is an either or, we don't have the option of both therefore

limiting us again. Driving our law through the gates to slaughter.

Contingent on our Fed Gov to reschedule ?  Why would they push

this so hard and why now?  Dam, I knew that "medical" would come

bite us in the donkey.

Why MDCH and not LARA ?

Again; WHY NOW?

Big Corp has their eye on the prize, and has had big plans for a long time.

imo

Real estate has been bottom so they swoop in, grab up every part and parcel

worthy ...

sigh

I just don't get why they always gotta have it all.

I met a group of people at the '09 Hash Bash that told me they were working at this. They have apparently been quietly working their agenda.